Personal course records?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 8, 2019 12:54 PM
Do you keep track of what is your lowest score at a particular course you have played more than a few times?

I do, and have a pretty good idea of the courses that I have broken 75, 80 or even 85 on. Even breaking 85 from the Blues @ PGA Stadium is still elusive after about 10 tries!

My most recent round was @ SilverRock, which I usually play probably better than average overall compared to the rating/slope.

Was matched up with a super nice senior who was just plain fun/easy to play with. He played 15 holes with me before he left early to make an appointment. I was having, by my standards, a super round. He kept commenting that I was a much better player than the 9 handicap I told him I was on the first tee. Was on pace to not just break, but shatter my best all-time round @ SilverRock.

Played the last 3 holes as a single... and went triple, bogey, bogey, more than I had been over par the entire round to that point. No new course record, no breaking 80. He just needed to also witness the final 3 holes to realize that my handicap is legit.

Do you have any courses that you play super well, or super bad, compared to others?
The goal is long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, could I at least hit them straighter?
 Message #92158
Rat-Patrol
RE: Personal course records?

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday August 8, 2019 1:21 PM
My lowest score (on a par 70 or higher golf course), 74, was at Balboa Park GC and the highest score in my memory bank, 110, was also at Balboa Park GC.
 Message #92159 - This was a reply to message #92158
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 8, 2019 2:20 PM
Yeah, maybe 5-6 years ago, I was invited to play Moorpark cc with my bro and two of his friends. After a handful of short and mid-iron warm up at the range, we headed out to Canyon Crest nine and I wanted to play the white tees as for my first time there, but the guys wanted all of us to play the blue tees- I said okay. I wasn’t really striking the ball well that day, I didn’t hit fairways nor was I in regulation- just got up and down many times for par and some lucky birdies, but also made a couple putts outside 12 feet. Then we went on to play the Creekside nine- pretty much the same thing, not hitting it well but getting up and down and it was almost unbelievable. But at the end of the day, I was one over (73) and I don’t know why I haven’t been back to play that course again. Maybe because I'm poor and it's out of my way.

At Crystalaire cc, I’ve played that course for 15 years as a member. Needless to say I’ve had many chances to score well there but unfortunately only a handful of rounds were good enough to remember. It's par 72. 74 from the whites and 78 from the blues, and a notable recent 75 from the white during a tournament. I have two hole in one there from the white tees, #8 and #6. I have eagled all the par 5 there multiple times, from the white tees. The most # of eagles I’ve had was on #1 par 5, I’ve had 6 eagles on that hole, 3 on #18, 2 on #12, and 1 on #5.

At Rancho Vista Golf Course, I shot an even par (72) from the blues before they’ve added a few teeing grounds for the gold.
JVGA
 Message #92160 - This was a reply to message #92158
1PLUS1

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Thursday August 8, 2019 3:02 PM
Well, since you asked...

Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert has long been a favorite course of mine; it suits my eye, matches up with my game, and the prime conditions invite good scoring provided the swing is dialed in. As a result, I've been able to dip into the 60s on Faldo's gem on more than a couple of occasions. It just happens to be one of those layouts where my comfort level is high...a fact often reflected on the scorecard.

But the round I'm most proud of occurred while playing Rams Hill on my 60th birthday back in June of 2014. At the end of the day I had to write the number '5' just once: in the total column. Nothing higher than a '4' on the card...something I've never done on a regulation Par-72 layout...and I finished with 65. Another reason why it was so special? I came within five shots of shooting my age...at 60.

Yet while I've done all I can to remember the good rounds and purge the bad ones from my memory banks, I do recall a disastrous day at Mt. Woodson during a GK Event some years back. After a mid-week practice round of 66, I somehow managed to turn in a 'smooth' 90-something a few days later. One of those rare times where it felt like I'd never swung a golf club in my life...on another course that suits my game. Needless to say, when it was over, I couldn't get out of there quick enough. If there's one course that embodies a 'Reward/Punish' persona, Mt. Woodson is it.

Had/have a few other courses that yielded some noteworthy results over the years...Carmel Mountain Ranch, Temecula Creek, Salt Creek, Camp Pendleton...but also a few that have frustrated me. San Luis Rey Downs fell into that category, which is now occupied by Admiral Baker-North. While I think both courses could be 'taken' on a good day, the tough-to-read putting surfaces always seemed to emerge as the X-Factor, managing to protect par despite some solid ball-striking. Nothing wrong with the greens there but they simply do not freely hand out rewards for seemingly good putts.
 Message #92161 - This was a reply to message #92158
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Thursday August 8, 2019 5:31 PM
QUOTED  My lowest score (on a par 70 or higher golf course), 74, was at Balboa Park GC and the highest score in my memory bank, 110, was also at Balboa Park GC.

Nick is talking about golf courses, Jim. Not abandoned hillsides.
 Message #92164 - This was a reply to message #92159
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Friday August 9, 2019 4:18 AM
I not only record all my rounds on GK, I have an excel spreadsheet that I records all my rounds on, 441 rounds to date. In that spreadsheet I have 3 columns for the scores, 1 by date, 1 by lowest to highest all time, and 1 by course, lowesr to highest. I also keep track of scores by calender year (jan to dec) and by my age which would be sept to sept. I also keep track of putts, 1 or fewer putts, 3 putts and total putts. I am currently at 29% 1 putts and 10% 3 putts. Yes I am a Virgo, everything must be in order LOL
 Message #92166 - This was a reply to message #92164
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday August 9, 2019 8:30 AM
QUOTED  Nick is talking about golf courses, Jim. Not abandoned hillsides.

That's ok Matt I will add you to the list of players that complain Balboa Park is to tight and unforgiving for them.
 Message #92168 - This was a reply to message #92164
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Friday August 9, 2019 8:38 AM
QUOTED  Nick is talking about golf courses, Jim. Not abandoned hillsides.

That's funny, I don't care who you are!

QUOTED  That's ok Matt I will add you to the list of players that complain Balboa Park is to tight and unforgiving for them.

Need my first experience @ Balboa to be with the Rat on some S.D. trip? Then I can probably be added to the list?
The goal is long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, could I at least hit them straighter?
 Message #92169 - This was a reply to message #92168
RDDenn

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Friday August 9, 2019 9:54 AM
Not really. I know most of the courses on which I have broken 80 but I could not recite all of them (even though the list is not that long). I had to think carefully to remember those on which I broke 75 even considering the list is so short (Bishop, Los Verdes (x2) and Encino). Other courses, not so much. I do recall for years I could not break 83 at El Dorado except for one fluke tournament I shot 79 (with a 10 on #7). Then I shot a mid-70s round and suddenly 83 was not the solid wall it had been. I have no idea about lowest rounds at other courses though.
 Message #92170 - This was a reply to message #92158
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Friday August 9, 2019 10:08 AM
QUOTED  That's ok Matt I will add you to the list of players that complain Balboa Park is to tight and unforgiving for them.

Put my name in bold at the top of the list.

QUOTED  Need my first experience @ Balboa to be with the Rat on some S.D. trip? Then I can probably be added to the list?

I need to be a part of this!!
 Message #92171 - This was a reply to message #92169

Listing 1 to 10 of 17 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]