jciapa02
Club Repair Services

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pending

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday August 24, 2019 2:15 PM
I have a question: to make long story short, has anyone ever reshafted their complete set of irons through a clubsmith before?

To make that question long, I have 3 iron through Pitching Wedge in my long dreamed heads of the Nike Pro Combo forged, I found them from a Play-It-Again store that were listed as used but were brand new looking, the guy behind the counter said an old woman brought them in to donate as her husband had stated he didn't want them or use them enough and they had the stock True Tempe Gold Dynamic REG shaft flex in them. I've realized with the countless rounds I need a stiff shaft, so I've purchased my own stiff shafts and grips to be installed with them.

Does anyone have experience on how much if reasonable it would be to get the shafts pulled, new shafts installed with grips and shafts I provide into these heads? I want it done so it's going to happen regardless of price and for now I don't have the equipment to do it myself. And if anyone has done this process , were you happy with it? What were the results?

If anyone in the valley of Arizona (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa) have done it before where'd you go? Would you recommend them?

Thanks in advance, I've done research but figured I'd give this community a shot of helping me out before I dive headfirst into this project (I guess I've already started LOL).
 Message #92271
noeldaof
RE: Club Repair Services
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday August 27, 2019 4:28 PM
I've had experience re-shafting my clubs f*rom Roger Dunn and also *doing it myself.

At Roger Dunn, I was charged $12 per club + the costs of the shafts and the grips. I've done that twice with different sets.

On My own, the only tricky part is the length cutting- just make sure you have the right length. (Measure multiple times, cut once.) Everything else are all very easy. Materials are cheap. Metal sand paper, epoxy glue, ferules, ...etc. can be bought at many online or big box stores. Grips are even easier.

Whichever way you go, good luck.

PS. Oh, removing the shaft is easy. With a small propane tank and a nose, you can pick it up from any hardware store. Glove or towel. Just heat up the hosel lightly- just enough to loosen the epoxy- usually less than half a minute. Use the glove or a towel to pull out the shaft.
JVGA
 Message #92283 - This was a reply to message #92271
kurator62
RE: Club Repair Services

Favorite Golfer:
    fred couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rams Hill

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 29, 2019 5:56 AM
And be careful not to melt the graphite shaft on woods before the epoxy. GUILTY
 Message #92288 - This was a reply to message #92283