Discussions in GreensKeeper iPhone App
Moderated By JohnnyGK, Mattias, ringworld, sixpez

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
GreensKeeper iPhone App
GreensKeeper iPhone App Version 1.0 – Launched!
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GreensKeeper iPhone App Version 1.0 – Launched!

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 28 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
RE: GreensKeeper iPhone App Version 1.0 – Launched!

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday September 20, 2019 8:04 AM
QUOTED  Copy that, Johnny. I look forward to its development and use this platform in the future.

Thanks Noel!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92456 - This was a reply to message #92449
sr129

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    goose creek

Friday September 20, 2019 8:28 AM
Johnny i'm sorry for this but it seems that the way internet access at the hospital was setup was the issue
I never got the code there
I will try to sign up later today

with the pain meds I'm still a little groggy
 Message #92457 - This was a reply to message #92443
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Saturday September 21, 2019 11:30 AM
QUOTED  Johnny i'm sorry for this but it seems that the way internet access at the hospital was setup was the issue
I never got the code there
I will try to sign up later today

with the pain meds I'm still a little groggy

No problem at all Steve. Feel better.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92464 - This was a reply to message #92457
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday September 22, 2019 9:45 PM
I had the perfect opportunity to experiment with new GK app today. With no one behind me for 3-4 holes, I had time to play around with the app. Being that I don’t do/use social media this was a total new experience for me. It was fun to post some “live” photos of the course. I see this being a total blast when there are multiple GK groups out on the course and groups can post pictures and comments (aka: Birdie Chain) throughout the day.
 Message #92468 - This was a reply to message #92464
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday September 23, 2019 7:50 AM
QUOTED  I had the perfect opportunity to experiment with new GK app today. With no one behind me for 3-4 holes, I had time to play around with the app. Being that I don’t do/use social media this was a total new experience for me. It was fun to post some “live” photos of the course. I see this being a total blast when there are multiple GK groups out on the course and groups can post pictures and comments (aka: Birdie Chain) throughout the day.

I saw your pics Alex! - that felt good seeing the app in action like that. Thanks!

Yes! - and with the new update coming that improves the liking and comments, plus version 1.1 that will be released to edit posts we are going to have a blast with it out on the golf course. With Instagram you go add the location and hash tags for people to see it. With Facebook posts are even more buried in the feeds. But the GK app makes it very easy to take a quick snap and posted it from where you play. And always shows it in the Near-Me feed plus your followers.
 Message #92469 - This was a reply to message #92468
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday December 17, 2019 6:16 PM
I have a question about the use of the GK App. First off let me fully disclose that I don’t use any type of social media like Facebook, twitter, snap chat or Instagram. So, I’m a total neophyte when it comes to using this type of thing.

Currently, I’ve been using the App to post numerous photos of my golf journeys. I usually pick 2-4 pictures of the course that I like to both share with other GK’ers as well as a way to personally record places I’ve played. I figure the sharing of the pictures helps entice others to play which is free marketing for the course and hopefully helps Johnny get some business. Which as we all know, he in turn shares with us in the form of great outings.

Having the pictures on the app is also self serving in that it automatically organizes photos by course and date for me.

So my question is, am I on the right track in its use? Is there an appropriate number or style of posts that’s preferred? What is the etiquette for the GK APP? I’m interested in both the administrative point of view and the user end perception.
 Message #93009 - This was a reply to message #92469
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday December 18, 2019 6:42 AM
QUOTED  Currently, I’ve been using the App to post numerous photos of my golf journeys. I usually pick 2-4 pictures of the course that I like to both share with other GK’ers as well as a way to personally record places I’ve played. I figure the sharing of the pictures helps entice others to play which is free marketing for the course and hopefully helps Johnny get some business. Which as we all know, he in turn shares with us in the form of great outings.

I appreciate this so much Alex. Have poured over 5 years of my life making this app a reality. Its critical to the future of GK.

QUOTED  So my question is, am I on the right track in its use?

Absolutely!

QUOTED  Is there an appropriate number or style of posts that’s preferred?

Its a resource app and also a social app. So in regards to posts about golf courses I think about 2 to 8 is a good number per course. If you just want to make posts to your followers on the app, don't tag a golf course and it will show exclusively on your followers following feed. Make as many of those you want.
 Message #93010 - This was a reply to message #93009
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday December 19, 2019 12:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback Johnny. I know you worked a long time developing the app and sacrificed a lot of playing time to make it happen.

I’ve been tagging the course as a way to help organize the photo’s for future memory. And make it easier for others to see conditions of a specific course they may want to play.
 Message #93013 - This was a reply to message #93010

Listing 21 to 28 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]