kurator62
Shipping golf clubs

Favorite Golfer:
    fred couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rams Hill

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 27, 2019 1:05 PM
Has anyone used any of the services out there? and any experiences to share. Visiting my buddy up there but this time wanting to use my own clubs.
 Message #91679
24hourgolf
RE: Shipping golf clubs

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 27, 2019 1:34 PM
I used Shipsticks once. But the price was to high IMO. So now I just book any trips with my CC that allows me 2 and sometimes 3 free bags. Besides, I realize that once I arrive at the airport, I now have my clubs vs going to the shipped location. In that way, I can/maybe stop and play a course on my way to my destination.
 Message #91680 - This was a reply to message #91679
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 28, 2019 2:31 PM
I've only flown with clubs once but have flown all over the US and world with bicycles often taking three bikes with me at a time. I've found that taking them with me on the plane is the only way to go. The one time I shipped a bike it disappeared for 2 weeks and never made it to New York. the couple of minor setbacks with airlines delaying a bike arrival always resulted in it showing up the next day or second day at the latest.

The trick I found was that if you upgrade to business or first class your baggage is unlimited (and gets priority loading) often off setting the cost of the upgrade. At minimum it'll cost you a few extra bucks for the added comfort. With one bag it might not be as beneficial but with multiple sets it's often a no brainer. One time, I paid $1500 to upgrade to Europe versus $1800 for "extra" baggage for the three bikes.

Also look at different airlines. A higher priced ticket on an airline that includes the oversized sports equipment can be cheaper than a less expensive flight that charges for the excess baggage.

I too looked into shipsticks once when I was taking both two sets of golf clubs and 2 bikes (and the dog). It was too expensive and not worth the hassle. And that was just to go down to Palm Springs.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Friday June 28, 2019 2:32 PM]]
 Message #91684 - This was a reply to message #91680
Neal_Pat15

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 28, 2019 4:48 PM
I just shipped my clubs via Shipsticks (moving back from miami to orange county). I chose the 5 day route as it was the cheapest ($66). First time using the service.
 Message #91685 - This was a reply to message #91679

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]