Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot November 2021 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot November 2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot November 2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday November 1, 2021 8:06 AM
Looking forward to reading about rounds this Month ... and possibly teeing it up with you.

Going to keep my rounds going into November. Couple GK Guru rounds coming up... Porter Valley CC on 11/4 and then Omni La Costa Legends Course on 11/9. Running two Golf Moose/GK Events on 11/8 at Bernardo Heights and then 11/15 at Porter Valley CC but don't get to play in those.

ALSO - I'm trying to find my way up to Quail Lodge in Carmel this month for a GK Guru round at one of our best GK Supporters (slip in another round at possibly back to Spanish Hills, or first time out at Poppy Hills or either of the Bayonet courses.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Monday November 1, 2021 8:07 AM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100600
JohnnyGK
RE: What d'you shoot November 2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday November 5, 2021 10:44 AM
Hit a couple 6 iron shots on the range at Porter Valley, nice shots, but what's this tightness in my lower back I'm feeling? Range is limited to to 250 carry so no driver practice. Step to first tee tee, rip a drive, oh, felt that, slam two advil, on to my wedge, nice swing ... until impact ... follow through drops me to my knees, great ... wait 30 years to finally play Porter Valley CC and now I'm going to have to battle through lower back pain from hole one ... oh well. Par the first hole, next hole start experimenting with my swing to find something that works, take another advil, double. Next hole par 3, good swing ... drop to my knees follow through... forth hole driver still in trouble because that full swing ain't working. Take a double after a fantastic flop shot. Anyway turns out my short game was on fire - FLOP MASTER and putting well. Get some lucky bounces here and there. Shot 15 over! Love Golf.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100633 - This was a reply to message #100600
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Monday November 8, 2021 6:53 AM
Super Inconsistent yesterday out at Mt. Woodson. My driver was fine most of the day with the exception on one ugly top and one dead pull into the trees. I shot a 90 but that included 3 7's in a row on the back nine. Each of them being different. Also missed some shorter length putts that I would like back.

Oh well on to the next round.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Monday November 8, 2021 6:53 AM]]
 Message #100641 - This was a reply to message #100600
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday November 9, 2021 9:03 PM
Ugly in every way but a super time as always with GKers today. Shot a 104 (and that was adjusted) at Omni La Costa Legends Course - back issues came back plus I just sucked - LOL. Anyway, all signs point to stepping away from the game the rest of this month to heal the back, stretch more and get my legs/core strength built up. This will not become a pattern moving forward. Looking forward to reading about everyone else's golf experiences.
 Message #100660 - This was a reply to message #100633
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Monday November 15, 2021 10:43 AM
Walked on at Pechanga this weekend after cancelling the previous time I had booked. Got there about an hour before hit some good shots on the range and short game area and thought to myself this could be a bad omen for the course. Started with a bogey on hole one after toping my approach. then Dbl bogeyed 2 after a poor chip. Then things started to align. Made pars on 3, 4, and 5. 3 Jacked Bogeyed 6 but that started a run of 8 straight Greens in Reg. I finally birdied hole 9 which I had never done.
Ended the front with a 39

Almost drove the 310 yard 10th leaving a 10' putt into the bowl but missed a severe breaking 4 footer for bird. Normal pars on 11-13. Hole 14 I hit a great drive but poor approach to make Bogey. Hole 15 hit the green in reg but missed 3 jacked for bogey! Then hole 16 came. Already in my head thinking about finishing the last 3 holes +2 or better for 79. I top my drive 80 yards into the weeds. Crushed a rescue club but get a horrible bounce left into the water. Took my drop hit near the green and end up taking a Double Bogey! Hole 17 is a very tough par 3 playing 185 today into a cross wind. I hit the front of the green and left my birdie putt short. I drained the 7 foot par. Down to hole 18 par of better for a 79. Hit a draw into the rough and have a weird stance and lie. I proceed to skull my approach into the thick green side rough. I chip on and have about 8 feet for a par and 79 sadly I pulled a RUDYCLUB and burn the edge lipping out after going 180° around the cup. Tap in for a 41 and a total of 80.

I am very pleased with the 80 my drives were dead straight averaging 290 yards. I hit 12 GIR and 11 FIRs but I kick myself for doubling the super short par 5 16th. I can only think of 3 really poor shots all day. The approach on 1, drive on 16 and skull on 18.

I hope I can keep this play going Wednesday when I play in my Boss's member guest tournament at Old Ranch. Good thing its a shamble. All he asks of me it to bomb it down the fairway so he can play shorter distances to the green.
 Message #100846 - This was a reply to message #100600
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday November 15, 2021 5:45 PM
Shot 88 at Whirlwind this past week. Started pretty well with two pars on the first three holes (and perfect position on the par 5 2nd hole after two shots but then chunked the approach), then bogey train all the way through the front nine. Took my only triple of the day on the par 3 10th, then after a few bad holes and some rage, I cruised through the last five holes with five pars. Someone make it makes sense.
 Message #100849 - This was a reply to message #100847
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Monday November 15, 2021 7:59 PM
Dooogh... d%mn Rudyclubs !!!!
 Message #100851 - This was a reply to message #100846
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday November 19, 2021 1:44 PM
Balboa Park GC, 37-45
Last round there was 39-51
So a bit of improvement there
I need to just play 9 holes I guess.
 Message #100900 - This was a reply to message #100600
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday November 19, 2021 1:53 PM
Been doing a lot a stretching and my back is starting feeling a lot better. With the reopening of Goose Creek Golf Club and a GK Guru set for 11/18 I decided I'd try playing by swinging easy and hitting at the most a 5 iron. Only at the end of round when I swung to hard did feel a slight ache but overall it was a wonderful experience. Very grateful to be able to play again however I don't intend to play another round until next month when I am hopefully full recovered.

I shot 14 over from the III set (6150) - was very pleased with that result all things considered.
 Message #100901 - This was a reply to message #100600
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday November 19, 2021 6:21 PM
Good deal Johnny! Do what’s best for you. I’ve been doing physical therapy, their goal is to strengthen my inner core muscles and it seems to be working. I got through 18 yesterday without tightening up. Stretching after a round is also very important!
 Message #100906 - This was a reply to message #100901

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]