Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot February 2022 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot February 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot February 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday February 1, 2022 8:01 AM
Looking forward to another great month of golf!

GK Plays Outings in Bullhead City/Laughlin (Mojave Resort and Laughlin Ranch) - my folks home town - hope more GKers can make it.

GK Guru Rounds: Hoping to do them at Bear Creek GC, Spanish Hills CC and maybe a trip out to Palm Springs.

Game is coming around. Sniffing low eighties?
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101377
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot February 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday February 1, 2022 8:49 AM
Terrible Round out at Navy Golf Course. We walked the whites (6400) with a 15-20mph head/cross winds. Driver was fine, approaches 50/50, chipping was atrocious off the kikuyu. I count at least 10 lost shots due to chipping. 5 of them were due to the elevated greens with trees along the downslopes not allowing for flop shots. I also took back to back 8's on the front nine. Lastly for the second straight round I missed all Par 3 Greens!

I did make two birdies on 8 and 13 but just a no good 0 par 1 birdie front nine 52 and back nine score of 44 96 adjusted 94.
 Message #101379 - This was a reply to message #101377
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Tuesday February 1, 2022 2:34 PM
Forget about it this one already Matt!
Cut and paste back into the month of January; What'd ya shoot and turn the page.
Wow another month is past.
Couple snowmen melt any chances at scoring.
Nice bounce back 9.
 Message #101380 - This was a reply to message #101379
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Monday February 14, 2022 7:06 AM
Strange round once again out at Pechanga. I am now 0 for 12 hitting par three greens in regulation but at least this time they were all very close. Front nine was a back in fourth battle a few pars a few doubles and bogeys for a 45. I did 3 jack two greens so that didn't help. Back nine was a roller coaster too. 2 birdies, 5 doubles, and 2 pars.

The good - Smashed my drives high and long all day and my iron play was better than previous weeks

The Bad- Putting was tough with very fast greens with lots of break. 4 three putts on the day

The Ugly- Par 3's! +6 on the day.
 Message #101463 - This was a reply to message #101379
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Monday February 14, 2022 8:01 AM
Call this the story of the course you are playing. And the day you are playing it.

Played well and got in a rare low 80's round @ Harding playing with Brad on Saturday. However, several balls that I could still play could easily have been penalties on the courses I have been recently playing. And the numerous times I missed greens by 5-10 yards and could putt on to the green through 1" rough for makeable par putts or relatively easy bogeys? Different ball game missing greens by that much surrounded by fluffy, deep rough and many large, deep sand traps.

The reality is that while I was VERY pleased to shoot an 81... I honestly played about the same earlier in the week on a much tougher course in high winds while posting a pair of 94's.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #101464 - This was a reply to message #101463
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday February 16, 2022 6:34 PM
Wanted to get some golf in before the Goose Creek outing. Couldn't get on the Goose as its booked solid for the next couple weeks. We needed to play early since Chris had an appointment in the afternoon in Redlands so settled on Oak Valley. They had many times available and after playing there I can see why. $60 for seniors for a course that is in pretty awful condition. With Tukwet right across the freeway in much better condition I imagine most players are there instead. My review will be pretty harsh I'm afraid. I had one of those days. Great shot bad shot. Put together 2 or 3 good shots in a row and get trashed by the greens. The greens were in good shape at least but they did not hold and were fast. Something we have seen here in the past is that it seems they don't tamp down the green around the hole so you can hit a perfect putt and have it veer around the hole as it gets there. I did manage to break 100 but just barely! Hope to get in another round or 2 before we play at Goose and hope my game starts coming together.
 Message #101478 - This was a reply to message #101464
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers NorCal GK Cup: NorCal GK Cup 1

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Friday February 18, 2022 5:31 PM
played wed at the home course... even through 17... triple 18.

yet to shoot par here. 73 my best, posted a 75 today

but after struggling with my irons for the entire 4th quarter, it started to come around in Jan, and I'm finally stringing good holes together. Wed was my best ball striking round in months.

optimistic.
 Message #101488 - This was a reply to message #101478

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]