Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot March 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot March 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot March 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 1, 2022 11:46 PM
Looking forward to reading about your rounds!

Going to get my first round of March 2022 in tomorrow 3/2. Hoping to find my game before GK Cup 19 starts in April. Sitting on the highest index I've had in 20 years (13.1) - my short game has been the biggest issue. But still loving every round.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Wednesday March 2, 2022 7:52 AM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101554
kviser
RE: What d'you shoot March 2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday March 3, 2022 7:47 AM
Well, my game is on the poor side (as always), but I never forget to have fun.

Yesterday at Spanish Hills was a good time away from work. The highlight for me was a par save putt on Hole 10. After hitting my tee shot into the lake, dropping for a two, hitting on for a three, then draining a 60' putt with a 10' break, walking it in the whole way!
 Message #101566 - This was a reply to message #101554
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday March 3, 2022 12:27 PM
QUOTED  The highlight for me was a par save putt on Hole 10. After hitting my tee shot into the lake, dropping for a two, hitting on for a three, then draining a 60' putt with a 10' break, walking it in the whole way!

Awesome!!!

Well my game reverted yesterday to no iron game or pitching. Hit my drives well and putted OK. 4 triples and 3 doubles did me in as I limped to a 97. But still had a blast of course. Fun times with MrKich, NateofCA and RGM2525 in my foursome. Updated the scorecard and photos for Spanish Hills CC. Thanks for coming out Kevin!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101568 - This was a reply to message #101566
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Friday March 11, 2022 5:58 AM
After a small injury break from golf due to another dislocated collar bone I was able to get out and play Mission Viejo CC with my boss for a member guest tournament. I was planning on taking it easy and only swinging about 75% all day but after the range session I up'd it to 90% swings with about 50% follow through.

Turns out I played very well with the easy swings. It took 2-3 holes to figure out the distances but once I got those dialed in I was on fire. Drivers were straight or with a slight draw. Irons dead straight all day and my chipping was decent throughout the day. I had a solid 5-6 looks at birdie this day but with impossibly pin locations and fast greens I was unable to secure the chain. I still ended up shooting an 81 which I was very happy about. 2 bad shots on the day caused me at least 4 strokes. I hit a topper from a bad lie that went into the water and had one drive go OB and onto the 5 freeway!

Shot of the day was on 11 I was under a tree and about 160 yards out so I grabbed my 4 irons and punched it down the fairway to ave it roll up and stop pin high 3' right of the hole.

Stroke Average Was good except for the par 5's which is normally my bread and butter.
Par 3 = 3.25
Par 4 = 4.40
Par 5 = 6.0

In all it was a fun day at "Work"

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Friday March 11, 2022 6:02 AM]]
 Message #101607 - This was a reply to message #101554
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday March 16, 2022 4:52 PM
Got out for a warm up round before this Sunday at Goose Creek. Praying the rain will hold off so we can enjoy the Goose. We played at Ashwood for a nice easy round. Wind was up so it added to the challenge but the course is in great shape these days. Had about the kind of round I expected. Some great shots and some bad shots. Drove the ball well on the first 9 then struggled on the second 9. Shot 37-42 with 5 pars so at least I feel somewhat possitive looking forward to Sunday!
 Message #101626 - This was a reply to message #101607
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers NorCal GK Cup: NorCal GK Cup 1

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday March 17, 2022 4:37 PM
5 days to Bandon Dunes.... yeah!

travel day arrive, maybe preserve or shorty's
sheep ranch/Pacific Dunes day 1
bandon dunes day 2
bandon trails day 3
leave day 3.

no old mac. tough putting together an itinerary.. called in Aug for the March date... had to do full weekday. only 2 of us. was only able to get the first nite lodging, and was planning on staying in bandon the rest of the time, until last night I got something off the wait list. And not able to get double header golf on the last 2 days, which I was disappointed and was going to try to change it... but now I think I'm good with this golf itinerary. Take it easy, sleep in, relax after.

this used to be a great bargain and hidden gem, easy to arrange... it's getting busier every year, and more expensive every year. Still a relative golf bargain. those rounds, 3 nites of my own room, and caddies for all round is under $2k. $2k will get you 1 nite and a round at pebble and spy, no caddy.

anyways... been 4 years... gonna be great.
 Message #101628 - This was a reply to message #101626
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Monday March 21, 2022 4:49 AM
Had my best round in a long time at Goose Creek with the GK plays. Those greens befuddled me most of the day though I did manage a couple great putts here and there. My driver was a bit erratic but no lost balls is always an accomplishment on this course. Shot a solid 42 on the front with a 46 on the back to break 90 for the first time in 2 years (other than Ashwood). Other than #9 hit the green on every par 3 with 2 pars and 3 bogies. 5 pars on the day thanks to those killer greens. Made a couple great putts to avoid any triple bogies on the day but had several doubles. I hope this year will see a return to shooting sub 90 rounds on a regular basis again.
 Message #101632 - This was a reply to message #101628
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Sunday March 27, 2022 2:10 PM
After not touching a club for two weeks home with the flu headed out for a morning round at Moorpark CC. Played Ridgeline first making birdie on all 3 par 5s with a monster drive down the hill on the par 5 5th hole left me 125 in??? Also made 3 bogeys on 6,8 and 9 for a 36 on that side. Played my favorite side Canyon Crest for my back nine coming in with a 39 with three penalty shots. Ended up with a 75 under beautiful weather this morning.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #101691 - This was a reply to message #101632
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers NorCal GK Cup: NorCal GK Cup 1

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Sunday March 27, 2022 4:20 PM
Bandon Dunes trip report:

Arrived on tues at 4pm. After I plugged in the Tesla, and checked into our room at Round Lake... Tried to get on Preserve, too booked, shorty's closed... so headed to the punchbowl. just 2 of us on this trip. Had a great time putted most of the 36 holes.. about hour of putting. Headed to the Bunker Bar for dinner and drinks. Great steak, and enough alcohol to fall sound asleep.

7:50 Round at the Sheep Ranch. BTW, Johnny GK needs to update the course finder list, as SR is now an official Bandon Dunes resort course. they have a really good breakfast: had the bagel and lox sandwich. They also have their own driving range. First time playing this course. AMAZING track, and amazing weather. The BD people say it's the best opening hole on the resort, and it's hard to argue. Think spyglass #1, only a few trees lining the upper part of the hole, same downhill dogleg left, but as you crest the hill about 190 yds out, the ocean is in your face. I think 14 of the holes are on the ocean. There are infinity greens. Double greens. Cliffs you have to hit over. Uphills and downhills. There is a hole called the volcano hole, where the green sits on top of an elevated bowl (I was able to reach the green in 2, but 3 putted from just off the green). There are no sand bunkers... a bunch of grass bunkers. The course is the shortest on the resort... so from the green tees, it's 6200ish. I birdied the 138 yd par 3 7th, eagled the par 4 303 yd 15th, and eagled the 436 yd par 5 18th. Not sure why it's a par 5. It should be a hard tough par 4. But after a 6 iron to 3 ft, I'll take the eagle. 39-37 76.

Our caddy was Danny... awesome dude, been there 20 years. Without him, I would've misclubbed all week. We had a good rapport on the greens. I like to read them and figure out the greens together, vs being told where to hit it. Take a caddy when you play.

Lunch at Trails end: excellent Poke bowl. Had to change rooms to the Chrome Lake loft.

2:30 round at Pacific Dunes. Wind picked up a bit, but still sunny and warm, and not more than a club of wind. Even though we played in under 4 1/2 hours, it felt like 5 1/2. this is the least favorite of the courses for me, but it's still amazing. Half of the holes on the ocean. Back to back par 3s 1 and 11 on the ocean. #9 has 2 greens, #10 has 2 tees. Birdied the #2 hole 335yd par 4. double bogeyed #5 par 3 with some bunker trouble, then tripled the #13 with more bunker trouble on the uphill 390 par 4, coast on the left, bunkers all along the right.. hit the worst drive of the day Right.... Felt like I shot 90... ended with 40-41 81

Dinner at Pacific Dunes, with a nice pork osso bucco and nice bottle of wine. slept really well after 36 holes.

With a 11:30 tee time, was able to sleep in. Get some breakfast at Trails end, hit the practice center, and ready to tee off at Bandon Dunes. This is my favorite track of the bunch, and it did not disappoint. This was a 2 some, so we had some fun, hitting different shots. I could not putt, even though these were the best greens on the resort... couldn't hit my lines. Hit one of the best shots of my life on the part 3 12th , which btw, was the first hole built on the property. Caddy says, well, you can go middle of the green and hit 160, or go right at the pin, maybe 180 over the bunker, but don't go long... so I said, i'll hit a cut 180, just left of the pin... and it came off pure to inside 10 ft, exactly how I planned it. didn't make the putt.. but still. I almost drove the 16th green, the famous par 4, a little downwind. 3putted. 40-39 79, that should've been 3 strokes lower, considering I 3 putted like 5 times.

Dinner at McKees, had the cod, watched the games.

The last round of the week was at Trails on Friday. 10:10 time. a bit colder and overcast, but wind was no more than 2 clubs, and it was still beautiful. I love this course. I think it blows Spyglass out of the water. Birdied the #2 par 3. Tried driving #8, but hit right into a bunker. gap wedge blast 25 yds to front of the green... then the green was 3 times as fast as the previous 7 holes... so 3 putted for bogey, and had putting troubles the rest of the round. Hit the ball exceptionally well. Hit an amazing 6 iron out of a bunker on #10 to 10 ft, and missed. hit the green on the long 12th 235 yd par 3 and 3 putted. The 14th is the worst hole on the resort (save for Old Mac #12)... though it's the best view off the tee. Hit a decent drive a tiny bit left, and rolled down below the green. Hit a perfect 40 yd shot to the front of the skinny green, and rolled down the other side. Hit an amazing up the mound putt to tap in. Hit 2 great shots on the very uphill par 5 16th... chipped to 8 ft, missed the putt. After a double on the par 3 17th.. ended up with 38-38 5 over par 76.

Hopped in the car for the 9 hr ride home.

Missed Old mac this trip. A great week of golf and food, and played really well all week for once. final Rankings:
Bandon Dunes
Bandon Trails
Sheep Ranch
Old Mac
Pacific Dunes.

Can't wait to go back.
 Message #101692 - This was a reply to message #101691
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday April 1, 2022 7:17 AM
QUOTED  Bandon Dunes trip report:

Awesome Report!!! - THANK YOU!
QUOTED  BTW, Johnny GK needs to update the course finder list, as SR is now an official Bandon Dunes resort course.

Will Do!
 Message #101722 - This was a reply to message #101692

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]