Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 31 to 35 of 35 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
noeldaof
RE: What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 28, 2019 2:16 PM
Now at the tail end of the lessons- still fresh but starting to show some nice groove... played Saturday, still shot an 84.
JVGA
 Message #91480 - This was a reply to message #91229
3-4bravo

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 28, 2019 3:21 PM
I was fortunate enough to play Trinity Forest the weekend prior to the Byron Nelson and went out there and shot a 78. Course was playing at roughly 6900 yards with a slope of 133. Played lights out with my irons, hitting 13 greens and all 14 fairways. Unfortunately, the flat stick abandoned me to the tune of 35 putts on the afternoon. Played it again on Monday in a pro-am and shot a 71 in a shamble format. Overall my game is really rounding into form and the hope is to get down in the + category by summer's end. I got back home to California and played again the following weekend at my home course and shot 74. I'll tell ya, it feels really nice to push my comfort zone back out to around 180 and in, I really have the mid to short irons dialed in. I just have to work on the long irons and driver as I still have a tendency to sway attempting to go after the ball. My next round will be the Friday of Father's Day down at Rustic Canyon and until then it'll be range and putting green work. Hopefully work slows down and I'll be able to make a couple GK events in the near future.
 Message #91481 - This was a reply to message #91480
Alex326
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday May 31, 2019 1:20 PM
One hole away from a sub 80 round at Hunter Ranch. Had three birdies on the day one of which was a tap in after my eagle putt missed by a mere two inches. Got lucky on a couple of bad iron shots where I pulled off some miracle recovery shots, one to save par and another that was for bogey that easily could have been a triple.

I only had one double bogey all day and then the triple which was a total mindset after a so so drive followed by a bad hybrid. Still I had a simple pitch shot for an easy up and two putt bogey. i didnt focus and ended up messing up the shot and hole. So close.
 Message #91495 - This was a reply to message #91481
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Friday May 31, 2019 5:35 PM
May was not a good month for me, except for being able to play 7 times including our #gt2k19 Orlando trip.

The month started with my best round ever at Royal Links, but it was still an even 100, with nothing to write about. It continued with an OK round at Chimera (98), before heading to Orlando. The Orlando scores probably should not count, due to the trip being a complete high school buddies trip disguised as a golf trip.

Started with 27 at Grand Cypress, an incredible resort. Best hole was #19 for the day, #1 on the South. After a great 3 wood tee shot, sunk a 8 foot birdie. Also had a 30 footer from off the green drop after being bet it would not finish within 3 feet. The next day at North Shore, fueled by 3 hours of sleep, caffeine, and Yuengling, was an absolute disaster. I did par the 1st, but the rest led to the worst round of the trip. 3rd round was at Disney Palm, and after starting off absolutely horrible, played decent for my body's condition. Last round was at Shingle Creek, another incredible golf resort. That round can be summed up by the 2nd and 3rd holes. On the 2nd, I was hitting my 5th before leaving the tee box area to card a hard earned 10. Next hole, roped one into the fairway, then stuffed a 6 iron from an awkward lie to about 4 feet to win the BIRDIE CHAIN, but only for 1 hole.

The last 2 rounds have been back home at Angel Park. Double and Triples killed the handful of pars and a birdie on the round. Just could not hit consistent shots. Only highlight was today on Palm #9 (310 yards from the blues). After the hooky 6 iron hung up in the rough above the water, I hit an 8 iron to 3 feet and sunk the birdie. To tell you how the day went, I crushed a drive on the par 5 #11, leaving 165 yards in on the second, only to top the 2nd and duff the chip to the front and end up with a disappointing par.

June is starting off with a Tahoe trip and Ridge Creek Dinuba GK Plays on the way home. Fairways and Greens!
 Message #91496 - This was a reply to message #91495
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday June 1, 2019 3:50 AM
91, at Balboa Park. No blow up holes, as per the norm, just a long series of bogey and double bogies, way too many. Just could not get anythi, going, no tempo, no groove.
 Message #91498 - This was a reply to message #91496

Listing 31 to 35 of 35 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]