Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 40 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot May 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 1, 2020 12:47 AM
Feels like Christmas with golf courses reopening and having laid off golf since March 8th in AZ I’m eager to get back into the swing of things.

Excited to hear about your rounds!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #94895
kviser
RE: What d'you shoot May 2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Friday May 1, 2020 8:48 PM
I shot an 88 at Soule Park this morning. Got out with the second group (really, it was going to be third group out at 6:10, but we were given the 6:00 time since those guys were a little late.

I haven't been here since October of 2016 and this course has changed for the better. I have never seen Soule Park so green, even before the drought. It was so nice there at sunrise today.

Golf-wise, I hit some decent shots, never lost my ball or had any penalties. My sand game wasn't tops; but I managed to hit a fine 9 iron from the left side fairway bunker on Hole 7. I did hit 7/14 fairways, so that's better than my average. A couple were pretty decent drives that got me within a pitching wedge or had me thinking of going for a par 5 green.

I am seriously going to try to book again in two weeks, because the course conditions were so nice and the green fee was so cheap ($30 walking).

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that I made birdie on Hole 16. It's a par 3 that played about 150 to a middle/front pin. My tee shot was straight at the pin and came up to about 3 feet in front of the hole. One of the playing partners hit a better shot that landed on the left side of the green, rolled towards the cup, and ended up about a foot past. It may even have bounced through the hole, but there's a foam ring to keep balls from going all the way down. It's entirely possible that the foam might have prevented him from an ace!

[[Edited by kviser on Sunday May 3, 2020 1:41 PM]]
 Message #94914 - This was a reply to message #94895
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Saturday May 2, 2020 9:09 PM
Played the home course of Angel Park Mountain on Friday, the 1st day back from a 5 week course closure. This hasn't been my longest layoff but it certainly felt like it. No warm up, no putts, just a traditional first tee drink and teed it up. Driver was a bit off, pull left, then straight for a few holes, then slice. Irons were eh, hit or miss. Putter was not up to task as I never got used to the slow greens. But I did break 100 so small victory.

Hole of the day: #18, par 4, 395 yards, with water up the entire right side. Pushed the drive towards the water, but luckily stopped about a foot from going in. I had 142 yards to a back right pin, all over water. Best shot of the day for me, a 9 iron that landed about pin high and stopped about 15-18 feet from the hole. Left the birdie putt 2 feet short and the Birdie Chain never left the bag.
 Message #94935 - This was a reply to message #94914
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Saturday May 2, 2020 11:02 PM
After almost 2 months since playing I was overly excited to get out and play. I was mostly able to keep expectations low and enjoy the the day with two fellow GKers Matt and Brady out at Journey. Started out well, with a few minor mistakes to go 6 over on the front. Played the back with 2 boggies and 2 birdies for a even par back 9. First time ever doing that! For a total of 78. 2 birdies and 26 putts and more importantly a fantastic day out in the sunshine and green grass with fun fellow GKers.
 Message #94936 - This was a reply to message #94935
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Sunday May 3, 2020 2:05 PM
After going Birdie bogey par through three I was run over by the bogey train yesterday at Pechanga. I lost two balls on drives and two balls on approaches. Putting was 50/50 but I wasnt getting close to the hole. I shot an 88 with 34 putts.
 Message #94939 - This was a reply to message #94895
caligolfer1031
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Wednesday May 6, 2020 4:55 PM
Swung a club for the first time since January 1st on 5/5. That's all I have to say about that. At least I had two pars. So I have that going for me.
 Message #94976 - This was a reply to message #94939
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 11, 2020 10:03 AM
Breezy couple of days on the 8th and 9th. First two rounds in a while like many if not all of us here- 86 and 81 respectively.

Reading all the new requirements from the news, the courses, and many of us here on the Greenskeeper.org forum, I wasn't sure that I wanted to be one of first to come out and play because of how chaotic it may be with the crowd, but for the most part, I didn't want to wear a mask on during play. Surprisingly, it all turned out to be okay. Common sense saved both days.
JVGA
 Message #95010 - This was a reply to message #94895
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday May 11, 2020 10:22 AM
Shot an 87 yesterday at Rams Hill from the Blues. My driver was on fire as I hit 11 out of 14 fairways. Sadly I did not hit very many GIR with only 4 being hit. My short game was good as long as it was less than 70 yards I was often keeping my chips/putts from off the green to a 5 foot circle around the cup which led to 13 putts on the front and 16 on the back. I did have two birdies on 9 and 17 but lost one with a three putt bogey.
 Message #95012 - This was a reply to message #95010
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday May 11, 2020 1:12 PM
After my very nice and consistent sub-90 run back in March, the wheels have officially come off. Not even had a sniff of sub-90 the last five outings, and actually swung and completely missed two balls at Cresta Verde on Saturday, then Olivas Links on Sunday produced a drive that went five feet behind me, somehow had forward spin, and ended up six inches in front of the tee markers. Trick shot extraordinaire ... only next time I'd like to do it on purpose. Things are very bad which bodes very well for Kevin when we play our sixth and final GK Cup match this week.
 Message #95013 - This was a reply to message #95012
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Monday May 11, 2020 3:45 PM
Riding a good golf high. I know it will crash on one of the next outings, but enjoying it now. Had my second sub 80 round out at Rams Hill. That makes back to back 78's. Drove the ball fairly consistent missing 5 fairway's. GIR wasn't all that great, but was able to scramble and get some lucky bounces. Even birdied the 18th to add another asterisk to the BCB.

[[Edited by rudyclub on Monday May 11, 2020 3:47 PM]]
 Message #95014 - This was a reply to message #95013

Listing 1 to 10 of 40 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]