Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot July-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot July-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 28 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
RE: What d'you shoot July-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday July 31, 2020 10:16 PM
Hard to comprehend the bad score I shot at Cascata (98) this weekend. Bounced back to shoot a 84 at Reflection Bay but reverted to bad golf at Mojave Resort with an 89. Polar opposite of Matt as I now find myself a double digit handicap for the first time in 20+ years. Got back from Vegas and the first thing I did was pull my KZG irons out of the bag and replace them with my old high school blades (Taft High 1985) that were given as my first full set by friend. When I say old I'm talking 1976 Wilson Staff irons. Reason for doing so? I miss having a 7 iron. True but other reasons, I love the way they set up, the fact that I can feel every time where I miss the dime size sweet spot (which is very often) and because they look so darn cool. So off the range I went this week to swing clubs I had not swung in 30+ years. They are all at least a full club shorter than their respective KZG counter parts. However I believe they helped reveal to me some of the things I have been doing wrong and I believe I have corrected those. They will get their first start in my bag Monday. Sadly I don't have any Titleist DT 90's to hit with them. That was my go to ball in high school.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95878 - This was a reply to message #95554
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Saturday August 1, 2020 11:05 AM
Played 36 @ the Westin Dye course in Rancho Mirage on 7/31. Noteworthy for several reasons:

The high's have consistently been in the 105-115 range for weeks in the Palm Springs area. I no longer even check the temps when planning golf, the difference in 105 and 112 is just not that significant to me. Hot is hot. I often play mid day, in the peak of the heat because it is dirt cheap and no one is around.

However, while playing yesterday, I knew something was different just from the way my clubs felt. The shafts of the clubs, protected from the sun down in the golf bag, were almost too hot to touch. I had to use my gloved hand when putting them back in the bag. And forget touching the head of your driver even when it was under a head cover except when teeing off. Even the grips were hot to the touch.

Started just after 10 and finished before 4, and my car said it was 123. 123? Thought it must be incorrect, but it still said 123 after I made the 10 minute drive home with the air conditioner on to cool down any sensor that may have overheated. Went online and googled the current Rancho Mirage temp, it said 122.

Amazingly, it never felt that uncomfortable whizzing around in a cart. Plenty of trees to provide shade on the course. I was able to hit the ice/water station three times per round and was consuming three 32 ounce cups of water each 18 holes on the course. Plus drinking about half a cup before I left the water area each fill up. Even with that, I was 5 pounds lighter last evening that I was in the morning before playing. And that included drinking a bunch of liquid after the round at home.

Shot my best round of the year the 2nd 18. Rode for 15 holes, then walked the last 3 to finish because they took away all carts @ 3pm. Wasn't quitting with a new course record (for me) easily within reach.

I have played many rounds over the years in temps around 115 that most would consider to be unplayable, but 123 sets my record. One that I do not care to ever beat.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #95880 - This was a reply to message #95878
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Saturday August 1, 2020 11:32 PM
Johnny, if you game and flaunt your 'Staffs' at Mt. Woodson...then I'll do the same with my 'FFlights'. ;-)
 Message #95884 - This was a reply to message #95878
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Sunday August 2, 2020 7:48 AM
QUOTED  Johnny, if you game and flaunt your 'Staffs' at Mt. Woodson...then I'll do the same with my 'FFlights'. ;-)

I'll be trying the Staff's out this month so they will be there!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95885 - This was a reply to message #95884
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Sunday August 2, 2020 9:27 AM
Great job Alex and Matt on the handicaps!. Great round Nick!
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #95886 - This was a reply to message #95885
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Sunday August 2, 2020 9:37 AM
Right on!
 Message #95887 - This was a reply to message #95885
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday August 3, 2020 11:11 AM
July 2020 or ; MY 27 Days as the BIRDIE CHAIN holder.

June 27th swiped it from dconnally after a disappointing GK cup match 6 at Hidden Valley.

He who wins doesn't always go home with the gold in this game. I DID !

Rest of the month non-eventful, but pleasurable golf rounds locally. Had fun with the chain and promoting GK to golfers we paired up with. Another memorable round was Old Greenwood in Truckee. Two weeks before PGA date.

July birdie highlight shot; friend Todd hits 68' foot triple breaker (his career long putt) on 18th at Coyote Moon. The chain only kept by me because he didn't sign up on GK. Whew. Yesterday I presented him with a replica and he tee'd off wearing it as tradition dictates.

Not wanting to look like I was hiding in NorCal sitting on the BC title. I showed up big at Cascata in an effort to unify the BC replicas with the real thing. That was not to be as the chain passed through all of our group (Johnny, Alex, before Ron left with it) My plan worked out as the pressure of being the birdie chain holder was too great and my game was suffering because of it. Ok maybe my skills were never great and are waning as I approach my 6th birthday with a zero in it. Playing rounds with other GK'ers provides me inspiration to keep going and not buy a fishing boat. July over and out!

It's just fun...

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Monday August 3, 2020 3:11 PM]]
 Message #95892 - This was a reply to message #95887
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday August 4, 2020 9:49 AM
I was at the Reflection Bay outing which we had a lot of fun, but I did not score well. 86 from the white tees.
After lunch we played to Rio Secco and shot 87.
Sunday, we played Paiute's Wolf course and I shot 91. (yikes!)
After lunch we went and played TPC Las Vegas and shot 84.

Not good golf, but some great matches- needless to say, I spent more than anyone in my group. One of the guys I was with holed out for a 1 on hole #12 at TPC. What a great weekend!
JVGA
 Message #95895 - This was a reply to message #95554

Listing 21 to 28 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]