Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot August-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot August-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 23 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
GDR23
RE: What d'you shoot August-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday August 31, 2020 3:36 PM
Noel so great to hear about your son! Nothing like a father and son out on the course.

Hit 11/13 fairways today at Rustic but managed to only hit 9 greens. 3 birds and 6 bogeys(2 three jacks) for a 75.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #96099 - This was a reply to message #96089
RDDenn

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Tuesday September 1, 2020 8:07 AM
It was a good month. My index dropped five percent to complete a three month drop of 20% from my index on May 24. The month was really only marred by a poor 87 (45-42) at Rancho Park. Bad putting mainly although the swing started to show some warts after excellent early in the month. It culminated in a shank second shot on the par 5 17th. Third shot hit the cart path and landed on a mound behind the green. Got up and down for par and suddenly the birds were singing again. Hit a real nice cut 3I for a second shot on 18 plus a decent run at a birdie gave me a good feeling after the round.

Went out to the range at Alondra on Saturday 8/30 before playing Soule Park on Sunday. I probably shanked or dead pulled 15 of the first 30 balls. There was a line waiting and I could see guys thinking that maybe they could make better use of my mat than I was. Maybe it was the pressure from the gallery. Thankfully I came to an agreement with the last 10-15 balls so I was okay on playing Sunday.

After a real good stretch on Sunday, my back felt pretty good and it turned out the shanks were a temporary blip. I ended up shooting 81 at Soule Park, 42-39. It took awhile to get used to the greens and surrounding areas. 20 putts on the front, 16 on the back. Weird back nine. Two doubles, one birdie, six pars. I put a ball in the water on 10 trying to stretch a pitching wedge past my capabilities. I hit three trees on the #2 handicap 14th, including a truly boneheaded hero attempt that ended up 30 yards to my right. Otherwise, I drove the ball well and hit some pretty good irons. Fun times.
 Message #96109 - This was a reply to message #95879
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Tuesday September 1, 2020 12:55 PM
QUOTED  So In a matter of short period, he has gone from 132, 103, 103, 95, and 92.... I'm just having the best time in golf with him.

Awesome Noel. Good for you/your son. I still remember my first 3 scores from around 1972/73. 142, 121, 108 and I was hooked. Bet he also will remember those rounds many years from now.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96110 - This was a reply to message #96061

Listing 21 to 23 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]