Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot May-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 1, 2021 8:46 AM
Love May!

Long days and some of the best playing conditions of the year.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #98748
RDDenn
RE: What d'you shoot May-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Tuesday May 4, 2021 5:04 PM
I'll lead off because you will not hear from me for a while. I have hip replacement surgery scheduled next week and I had to get out one more time before the long lay-off. The hip has been getting progressively worse. I have been swinging okay but my scores have gotten dramatically worse over the last six months. My index was an 8.5 in October and I have been around 10.1 most of this year. I have not been playing enough for a dramatic increase. That said, before Saturday, my last four scores were 91, 91, 87, 87.

So, Saturday, playing the blue tees at Lakewood, I shot a 78 (38-40). Nothing worse than a bogey, including on #10 after hooking it into the water. I drove the ball well, my approach shots were decent, and I made two decently long putts to par and birdie, respectively, the numbers 1 and 2 handicap holes. The last time I had played I duffed at least three chips. I did not do that at all on Saturday. I finished strong each nine also. Golf was actually fun again.

I paid for the fun later Saturday and on Sunday, but it was worth it.

See you guys (and gals) out there maybe in September or so.
 Message #98796 - This was a reply to message #98748
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday May 4, 2021 5:35 PM
QUOTED  See you guys (and gals) out there maybe in September or so.

Good Luck with the hip replacement!

I started may off with an interesting round at Emerald Canyon in Parker AZ. This was day 3 of a bachelor party so nobody was 100% No warm up and straight to the tee started me off with a double bogey after skulling one into the lake off a tree. The course is very tight on the front nine and I lost 4 golf balls. My scrambling ability was off the charts though. Front nine ended at a 45 and them the back nine was fine until 17 where I lost two golf balls for triple. Shot 44 on the back.

I am not unhappy with the 89 but know I had lost 6 golf balls which you would guess on that score.
 Message #98797 - This was a reply to message #98796
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Jon Rahm
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Saturday May 22, 2021 9:55 PM
I shot 62 today... On the front nine! Has to be the absolute worst nine hole score I've recorded since I was probably a teenager. This was at La Quinta Mountain. Regrouped at the turn and shot 41 on the back.

Mostly killed by being unable to escape poor-quality bunkers and/or only escaping by skulling the ball over the green.

Now off to see what this does to my index. :-)
 Message #98988 - This was a reply to message #98797
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Saturday May 22, 2021 10:16 PM
QUOTED  Now off to see what this does to my index. :-)

And you gave me crap on the restriction on my Handicap! Haha It happens to all of us..... Remember a few weeks ago where I hit a water hazard on a hole that doesn't have water on it?

GOLF IS FUN!!!!!!!
 Message #98989 - This was a reply to message #98988
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers NorCal GK Cup: NorCal GK Cup 1

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday May 24, 2021 11:19 AM
Just got back from Wisconsin, and Played Whistling Straits (THE straits, and the Irish), Blackwolf Run (river and Meadow Valley), and Erin Hills. 5 rounds in 4 days. A group of 24 of us.

WOW. WOW. WOW.

I'll update my rankings in the other thread, but I now have a new #1, and maybe a #1 or #2 resort destination. If you are not familiar, the Kohler resort is located an hour north of Milwaukee, in the town of Sheboygan. They built a village around the faucet factory. We stayed at the Inn on Woodlake, and had shuttles everywhere. We went into town one night for dinner, but hung out on campus the rest of the time. 4 courses, the WS courses and the BR courses. Erin Hills is about an hour away, and we had a shuttle arranged for that. The weekend was a lot of golf, good food, including an introduction to cheese curds, and a lot of Spotted Cow.

1st Day:
Erin Hills, site of the 2017 US Open. Walking with a caddy. Nice sunny day with 6 holes of a 2 -3 club wind, and the rest of the day calm.

What a FUN course. 18 interesting holes with hills, and elevated greens, and just a fun fun course. I have a hard time ranking this one, I just know it's in my top 7. It's softer than it looks on TV and pictures, but it's a tough course, very fair. Had to have the Fescue Rescue drink. The view from the clubhouse over the course is epic.

2nd Day:
Whistling Straits. Walking with a caddy. I thought EH was great... WS blows it away. The view from the clubhouse looking at the course is even MORE epic. 18 awesome holes. Very TOUGH... but again, softer than it looks on tv or pics. Those par 3s look intimidating, but i hit 3 of 4... I ended up pulling a 200 yd shot on 17, 20 ft below the green. But I think this course is better than Pebble. And I think Pebble has 18 great holes... WS lesser holes blow Pebble's lesser holes away. This was a sunny day with 1-2 club wind. Playing along Lake Michigan for at least half the holes.

3rd Day:
BR: River and meadow Valley, riding. No caddy. hot and humid.

These courses would be a tough walk, due to long green to tees, sometimes up a winding cart path. Weather made it less walkable. There courses meander through a canyon that the Sheboygan river runs through. Lots of bugs. A little bit of elevation change... but it was a very fun day. Exhausting, but fun.

4th Day
Whistling Straits, the Irish. Walking with a (putting it nicely, unfit for caddying) caddy. COLD day. We got there, it was sunny, and I was in shorts. Standing on the patio overlooking the course, we saw a mist roll in, and in less than a minute, it dropped from 70 to 50 and 3 clubs of wind, and it stayed like that all day. Luckily, we had our luggage, and were able to change. Otherwise, it would've been an expensive day in the pro shop. This course is inland more, but similar style to the straits... hilly, no trees. The lake is in the distance. Much easier course than the Straits... a great course in its own right. But it did have it's flaws. This felt like Pete Dye at his worst (all 4 courses are Dye). But still an enjoyable course.

I'd put the 4 courses up against any other multicourse resort. Bandon is still king, I think. The Straits course blows the 5 BD courses away, but the 4 BD courses (and I'm sure SR) I think are better than the other 3 Kohler courses. Plus, Bandon is closer and cheaper, with better food. and more centralized. WS is 20 minutes north of the Kohler village, while BR is a 5 min shuttle.

BUT, if you have the chance to make this trip, and add Erin Hills, and I hear Sand Valley is epic as well, but 2 hrs away from Kohler... DO IT.
 Message #99001 - This was a reply to message #98989

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]