GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 50 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
roarksown1
RE: GK Cup 16 Team match results
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday November 10, 2020 11:08 AM
QUOTED  [Posted By Deepsea14 on 11.10.2020 10:28 AM]

Standings math correction? 5.5 total after two matches

Kassper7/First flight FX 101

First match 3 points
second 2.5 points

?

They are actually on 7 points ... three matches played. 1.5, 3.0 and 2.5 points combined.
 Message #96898 - This was a reply to message #96897
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Saturday November 14, 2020 9:39 PM
PokerGuy0826 (John)/sandrail05 (Eric) v. Dconnally (Dave)/Nickesquire (Nick) @ Mile Square (Players), Saturday 11/14/20.

Course handicaps were Eric 9, John 14, Dave 8 and Nick 12. So John got 6 strokes, Nick got 4 and Eric got 1.

Tight match, neither team ever led by more than 2 holes. I do not remember who was in the hole first, so anyone with a score that halved the hole gets credit.

Hole 1: Eric/Dave halved with pars. AS

Hole 2: Everyone but Dave getting a stroke on the #1 handicap hole. John/Nick both bogey/net pars to halve the hole. AS

Hole 3: Eric/Dave halved with pars. AS

Hole 4: Eric/Nick/Dave all pared. AS

Hole 5: Dave won hole with par as everyone else went in the water. D/N +1

Hole 6: Eric and John won the hole with par. Trick shot of the year. W/O realizing the other was putting, they both putted from off the green from different directions. Both were close with their balls arriving around the hole at the same time. John's ball had just passed the hole, but ricocheted off Eric's ball backward into the hole. Eric's was going to be a tap in whether or not John's ball struck it, so he tapped in. AS

Hole 7: Dave/Nick both made par to win the hole. D/N +1

Hole 8: John/Nick getting a stroke on the #3 handicap hole. Didn't matter as Dave made a nice birdie putt from distance to win the hole. D/N +2 and win 1 point for the front.

Hole 9: Eric/Nick halved with pars. D/N +2

Hole 10: Eric/Dave halved with pars. AS on back, D/N +2 overall.

Hole 11: John/Dave both par, but stroke hole for John and his net birdie wins the hole. J/E + 1 on back, D/N +1 overall.

Hole 12: John/Eric/Nick all par, hole halved. J/E + 1 on back, D/N +1 overall.

Hole 13: Nick chipped in for birdie to win the hole. AS on back, D/N +2 overall.

Hole 14: Eric/Nick halved with pars. AS on back, D/N +2 overall.

Hole 15: All 4 players par the #2 handicap hole. John/Nick are getting strokes for net birdies, hole halved. AS on back, D/N +2 overall.

Hole 16: Eric/Nick/Dave all par, hole halved. AS on back, D/N +2 overall.

Hole 17: John/Eric/Nick all par, hole halved. AS on back, D/N +2 overall. D/N clinch 1 point for the overall match.

Hole 18: All 4 players bogey, but John is getting a stroke for a net par to win the hole. J/E win the back and a point, 1 up.

Dave/Nick earn 2 points, John/Eric earn 1 point.

Dave (78) and Eric (81 with an 8) were very steady and in almost every hole. They basically canceled each other out many holes with pars. After Dave/Nick got ahead, the difference in the match was that John really made his 3 strokes count on the back as he played those holes in par/par/bogey, net -2. Two of them won holes and the other tied a hole. Nick finally woke up and didn't break Dave's back too bad with all the carrying he had to do on the front. Very even and fun match, 11/18 holes halved. (1 with net pars, 9 with gross pars, 1 with net birdies). Very fun round as everyone won or halved holes for their team with clutch shots multiple times during the round. There were numerous 3-5' putts made by all players to tie the other teams already posted score in this match. As a 4some, competitive but not as well played on the front. However, multiple individual 9's in the 30's on the back made for a tight match with both teams shooting under net par.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Thursday November 19, 2020 11:28 AM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96951 - This was a reply to message #96898
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Sunday November 15, 2020 1:35 PM
John and Eric were a fun team to play with and we had an enjoyable match.

First time meeting Eric, and I hadn’t seen John since a GK Event at Robinson Ranch in 2009! (Back in the 36-hole days at RR we played the full Mountain course.)

Lots of pushed holes, and John’s clutch play on the back nine got their team a point. Thanks for a fun match.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #96955 - This was a reply to message #96951
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Tuesday November 17, 2020 7:01 PM
kassper7(Perry)/FirstFlightFX-101 (Chuck) v. Dconnally (Dave)/Nickesquire (Nick) @ Oak Quarry, Tuesday 11/17/20.

Course handicaps were Perry 15, Chuck 23, Dave 7 and Nick 11. So Chuck got 16 strokes, Perry got 8 strokes and Nick got 4.

Hole 1: One of only 2 holes no one gets a stroke. Chuck/Perry both par the first hole to go 1 up. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 1 up.

Hole 2: Nick and Perry both par to halve the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 1 up.

Hole 3: Chuck/Dave both par, but Chuck's is a net birdie to win the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 2 up.

Hole 4: Chuck bogie, net par wins the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 3 up.

Hole 5: Dave makes par, Chuck bogey, net par to halve the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 3 up.

Hole 6: Nick and Perry both make par, net birdie to halve the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 3 up.

Hole 7: Perry makes par, net birdie to win the hole and clinch the front 9 point. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 4 up.

Hole 8: Chuck makes par, net birdie to win the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 5 up.

Hole 9: Perry and Chuck both make bogey, net par to win the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 6 up.

Hole 10: Chuck makes par, net birdie to win the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 1 up on back.

Hole 11: Dave makes par, Chuck makes bogey, net par to halve the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 1 up on back.

Hole 12: Chuck makes par, net birdie to win the hole and clinches the overall point. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 2 up on back.

Hole 13: Nick and Dave both have looks at birdie and par seems assured. Chuck is on in regulation but in the next zip code, with a par far from a given. Chuck makes birdie from 60+', net Eagle to win the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 3 up on back.

Hole 14: Dave and Perry both par, but stroke hole for Perry, net birdie to win the hole. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 4 up on back.

Hole 15: No one getting a stroke. Dave and Chuck both par to halve the hole. Chuck/Perry secure the back 9 point. kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 4 up on back.

Perry/Chuck take all 3 points in a landslide.

A tale of too many strokes and a team who made those strokes count on nearly every hole. My during and post match thoughts watching putt after putt drained from distance was we were likely getting run out of town the way Chuck and Perry were making net Birdies with regularity even if Dave & I shot well under our handicaps. Which we did not.

Chuck and Perry were a net -9 through 15 holes in this match.

How tough would it be for Dave and Nick to match that? Assuming Nick had parred all 4 of his stroke holes for net Birdies, that would be -4. Big assumption, they are the 1-4 handicap holes for a reason, and I am going to be making 5 or 6 more often than 3 or 4 on those type holes as someone who usually shoots in the 80's. Even with net Birdies on the 4 stroke holes, we would still have needed 3 natural Birdies plus an Eagle and 7 pars on the other 11 holes to be AS after 15 holes today? Sorry, but that combination isn't happening very often.

Chuck and Perry won 10 holes, the other 5 were halved. IMO, you give props and tip your hat to someone who plays that well and just buries you.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Wednesday February 10, 2021 5:06 PM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96989 - This was a reply to message #96955
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Wednesday November 18, 2020 1:49 PM
Probably the most imposing match for me to date! Sincerely, all my GK matches have been imposing, but this one had me losing some sleep. Chuck, don't blow it up each hole, and don't card a one twenty-something! My hat tip to all GK match competitors and match play.

A GK guru once told me, "you never know which golfer is going to show up for a match". This has way more meaning when it is referring to the self, rather than an opponent. Am I ready? Am I veering from my strategy? My hat tip to him. He has now seen both my worst and best performing matches.

Another GK guru gave me some easy-to-recall, course advice for Oak Q in February. My hat tip to you sir, and I still owe you some cold brews(not forgetting this either).

A big thank you to my team leader, and to both Dave and Nick for offering and scheduling our match.
Cheers,
 Message #96995 - This was a reply to message #96989
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday November 23, 2020 2:48 PM
The match between mcantos/roarksown1 and tocho261/sbogey was played at Diamond Bar golf course with Tom, Marvin and myself playing from the blue tees, while Steve played from the whites. We played off of Tom's low handicap (4.6) and that meant Marvin got 6 shots, I got 12 and Steve got 14.

The first hole was pushed between roarksown1 and sbogey with each scoring a 5 for 4 with strokes, but the first lead was taken on the second hole with tocho261 being the only player to secure a par. The 3rd hole saw the teams go back to AS after roarksown1 managed a 2-putt bogey but the stroke made it a winning 3. The lead switched hands on the par 5 4th hole when roarksown1 sunk a bending, downhill 25-footer for birdie. The 5th hole was halved with both tocho261 and mcantos scoring solid pars, but the lead went to +2 on the par 5 6th when roarksown1 once again hit a long putt for birdie from just off the green. The lead increased on the next hole and the front nine was won 3&2 and when roarksown1's par with a stroke took the hole. The next hole was halved between mcantos and sbogey, but the lead was extended on the par 3 9th when all four players double bogeyed the hole, but roarksown1 and mcantos each had strokes to finish the front nine +4 overall.

The back nine started with a halved hole as tocho261 scored a nice par, but roarksown1's bogey with a stroke evened it up. The lead was extended on the par 4 11th when roarksown1's par with a stroke bested tocho261 and sbogey's fives. Lightning struck again on the par 5 12th as roarksown1 nailed another birdie putt from just off the green to put r1/mc up +6 overall and +2 on the back. Now dormie on the overall, roarksown1's par on the 13th with a stroke won the overall 7&5, with the back nine now at +3 with five holes to play. The par 4 14th saw the lead extended again though as roarksown1's par with a stroke was one better than tocho261's par, but Tom got it back down to +3 on the back when he birdied the par 5 15th. With three holes left to play, r1/mc only needed one more halved or won hole to finish off the round, and mcantos came up big with a great bogey putt on 16, but with his stroke he matched sbogey's 5 and the back was won 3&2.

Front nine: 1 point for mcantos/roarksown1 (3&2)
Back nine: 1 point for mcantos/roarksown1 (3&2)
Overall: 1 point for mcantos/roarksown1 (7&5)

Very enjoyable round with some good company and some good golf to boot. Special thanks to Tom for getting the round set up for us with tee times so difficult to come by at this particular time.

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Monday November 23, 2020 4:17 PM]]
 Message #97051 - This was a reply to message #96995
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday November 29, 2020 8:05 PM
mpisarski01/OCgolfer19 took all three points today in the match against DeepSea14/Alex326. The Match was played at Journey at Pechanga.

After the So Cal home team got a 2 up advantage in the first 4 holes, Peter staged a comeback with a nice birdie on 5 then won the 7th to bring it back to even. Gerry one the 8th hole then the teams split the 9th giving So Cal (mpisarski01/OCgolfer19) a 1 up - 1 1 point on the front nine.

I managed to par the 10th to win the hole (even after Matt drove the 290 yard par 4) which put the match back at all square.

A couple of halves had things interesting then Matt and Gerry played some consistent golf over the next few holes while Peter and I had some simultaneous blow up holes. Team So Cal secured the overall on the 16th which Matt Par/birdied (it's a sub 400 yard par 5?). All was left was to determine the back nine which after my par on 17 meant we had to win the hole for a half point. Gerry hit a beautiful chip shot to settle for the tap in par. I had 14' for birdie to win it and it stopped a couple inches short. Oh well.

Hat's off to the home team for getting the job done with solid team work on a day when all 4 us had some seriously bad holes. Me more than anyone (I heard Peter calling Nick to see what the trade deadline is for the team cup).
 Message #97100 - This was a reply to message #97051
PokerGuy0826
RE: GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Sunday December 20, 2020 5:23 PM
Was able to put together a match yesterday, 12/19, at Sand Canyon GC between Eric & I and Deepsea14 & Alex326. It was a bit windy but overall a nice day and we had a blast in what was a farily even match early on. Ultimately, PokerGuy0826/Sandrail05 pulled out 2.5 points, splitting the front and us taking the back and total.

The match was close through the first 4 holes with #1 being halved, #2 going to Alex & Peter, #3 being halved, and #4 going to John & Eric when they both parred the first par 3 of the day.

#5 went to Alex & Peter, # 6 was halved, #7 went to John & Eric, #8 was halved and we came to the #9 both needing a win to pick up the front 9 and 1 point. Alex smoked a drive down the left side of the fairway to put the pressure on. John responded with a decent enough drive coming up about 20 yards short of Alex. John hit his 165 yard approach into about 18 feet and Alex responded by throwing a dart to about 7 feet. Both had good looking putts to try for the first birdie of the day but missed. Alex knocked in his tap in and John made a 4 footer to secure the tie.

On the back John & Eric each parred the 10th & 11th holes to go 1 up, Eric parred 12, for another, and #13 was halved.

#14 went to John & Eric with Eric parring another par 3 and the match was put away on #15 when Eric jarred one more putt.

It was an enjoyable match with some great shots had by all. We really appreciate both Alex & Peter for traveling a long way to make this match happen. They were great guys and I hope we get a chance to play together soon. The course was in decent shape and it's encouraging to see this one coming back, slowly but surely. I look forward to getting back there in the spring when hopefully we see some rain and it begins greening up again.
 Message #97306 - This was a reply to message #96508
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday January 10, 2021 10:52 PM
The GK Cup match between AndrewZ28/Gary00 vs mcantos/roarksown1 was played this afternoon on a beautiful Sunday afternoon at the very fun Twin Oaks Golf Course in San Marcos. Andrew, Marvin and I played from the blue tees, while Gary opted for the whites. We played off of Andrew's low handicap (5.9), meaning that Marvin (9.6) got 4 shots overall, Gary (15.8) got 8, and I got 10 with my 15.0 handicap.

Hole 1: AZ28 and G00 both find the fairway while MC and R1 are all over the place. AZ28's par wins the hole easily (AZ28/G00 +1)
Hole 2: Everyone strokes but G00's great par beats MC's bogey (AZ28/G00 +2)
Hole 3: MC and R1 finally on the board with two solid pars while AZ28 and G00 both bogey (AZ28/G00 +1)
Hole 4: MC comes up big with a great birdie to best AZ28's bogey (AS)
Hole 5: Uphill par 5 and AZ28, MC and G00 all make bogey but G00 gets the stroke to win it (AZ28/G00 +1)
Hole 6: R1's bogey with a stroke is good enough to best AZ28's bogey (AS)
Hole 7: Signature par 3 and everyone's in the lake except for AZ28 so his par crushes everyone (AZ28/G00 +1)
Hole 8: R1 has a chance to halve the hole but misses an easy putt so AZ28's par takes the hole (AZ28/G00 +2)
------------- AZ28/G00 WIN FRONT NINE 2&1 ----------------------
Hole 9: R1 manages to halve the hole with bogey and a stroke to match AZ28's par to close out the front nine (AZ28/G00 +2)
Hole 10: Long par 3 and AZ28, MC and G00 all snag bogeys but Gary gets a stroke to win the hole (AZ28/G00 +3 overall / +1 back nine)
Hole 11: R1 takes advantage of his one extra stroke hole with a par to best AZ28 and G00's bogeys (AZ28/G00 +2 overall / AS back nine)
Hole 12: R1 and AZ28 both make par to halve the hole, while G00 and MC make bogey (AZ28/G00 +2 overall / AS back nine)
Hole 13: R1 makes par but AZ28 pulls a beauty approach from the left rough and sinks the birdie putt (AZ28/G00 +3 overall / +1 back nine)
Hole 14: G00 doesn't even need his stroke with a picture perfect par while R1 settles for bogey (AZ28/G00 +4 overall / +2 back nine)
Hole 15: R1, G00 and AZ28 land side by side in the fairway, but hole is halved with pars from R1 and AZ28 (AZ28/G00 +4 overall / +2 back nine)
------------ AZ28/G00 WIN OVERALL 4&3 ------------------------
Hole 16: R1, MC and G00 all stroke but R1 wins the hole with a standard par (AZ28/G00 +1 back nine)
Hole 17: AZ28, MC and R1 all take penalties but G00 generously hands double bogey the hole with some putting woes (AS back nine)
Hole 18: MC just barely misses taking the hole with par but his bogey with a stroke matches AZ28's solid par (AS back nine)
------------ BACK NINE IS HALVED -------------------------------

So overall points go like this:

AndrewZ28/Gary00 win 2.5 points for front, overall and halving the back nine
mcantos/roarksown1 win .5 points for halving the back nine

There's a good reason that AndrewZ28 and Gary00 have won this competition before, and it's because they compliment each other's game so well. They're the ham & egg masters and you have to be at your very best to have any chance of beating them. It was a very fun round with some streaky good golf in there, but I don't think anyone left the round thinking they played their very best. But we had a very good time on a beautiful SoCal winter day so what more could you ask for?

And thanks to Gary for putting the date together for us and getting us a really nice rate and range balls ahead of the round. Good stuff!

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Tuesday January 12, 2021 12:39 PM]]
 Message #97538 - This was a reply to message #97306
gary00
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    arrow wood

Saturday January 23, 2021 6:45 PM
1/23 PokerGuy0826(John)/sandrail05(Eric) vs AndrewZ28/Gary00 match at Rancho Del Sol.
John/Eric 1 up front
Andrew/Gary 2 up back and 1 up overall John/Eric 1 point Andrew/Gary 2 points
This was an adventure in survival as we endured rain and cold--had 1st 5 holes with overcast then rain and drizzle until about 14 but by then pretty much soaked and did I mention cold.
Fiercely contested with John/Eric going 2 up after 3 with Andrew/Gary working it back to AS after 5 then falling back to 1 down after 7 even again after 8 and Eric drained a 12 footer on 9 to finish 1 up for the front.
Andrew /Gary streaked to 3 up on the back which was shrunk 1 up by 15 only to go 2 up on 16 and then halved the remaining holes to finish 2 up back and 1 up match.
John and Eric were really great to play with and true to the GK code two of the nicest guys on tour and even with the adverse conditions really good putters holing out from 10-15 feet 7 or so times. Thanks to both for participating in what was reported on accu weather to be spotty showers.
 Message #97669 - This was a reply to message #97538

Listing 11 to 20 of 50 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]