GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 31 to 40 of 50 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
mpisarski01
RE: GK Cup 16 Team match results
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 14, 2021 7:55 PM
Semi Final Match #1 was played yesterday at Rancho Del Sol. Thanks to Gary for buying the vouchers and setting the tee time. Originally we planned on playing Mesa Linda at Costa Mesa Country Club but even me clicking at 12am I still couldn't get a time where we could finish.

Having already played them earlier in the GK cup we knew it was going to be a good time and a close match. Both AndrewZ28 and Gary are very good at ham and egging and not blowing up the same hole. Unlike the first match Ocgolfer and I did not blow up the same holes today so we had that going from. We played off Andrews +6 handicap I got 7 from the blues and Gerry got 10. Garry got 10 from the whites so it was pretty even.

1. I drew the lucky straw to tee off first and pull topped my shot left. Andrew goes middle and Gary and Gerry find safety. I punch draw a beautiful 4 iron just short of the dry creek. Gary hits it into the dry creek and it takes him two shots to get out. My partner had a bad lie and couldnt advance it much. Andrew overcooks his approach and finds the lake. I land on back of green and 2 putt bogey for the win. MP/OC+1

2. Andrew sticks one close and two putt par. I went pin high left but cant get up and down. EVEN

3. Andrew makes a nice par and I make a 3 putt bogey but got a stroke so halved. EVEN

4. I make birdie but Gary said nope I will make a birdie as well for a halve. EVEN

5. Gerry does well I blow up Andrew misses a short putt to halve. MP/OC+1

6. MP OC par with strokes for net birds. Andrew pars but no stroke given. MP/OC+2

7. Andrew makes a spectacular looking birdie, Gary makes net birdie and OC/MP cant answer. MP/OC+1

8. Gary, Andrew, Matt make pars. Gerry bogey for a halve MP/OC+1

9. Andrew makes another birdie and my 15ft attempt doesn't fall. ALL SQUARE FRONT.

So just like our first match we are even at the turn and the back nine is for all the marbles.

10. Gerry and I waste our strokes with Andrew and Gary making NET PARS. AG+1

11. Everyone NET PARS AG+1

12. Andrew and I make solid pars on the Par 3 halved. AG+1

13. Gary gets a little lost with Andrew and Matt making bogey but Gerry comes to the rescue with a par net bird. ALL SQUARE

14. Gary almost holes it from 40 yards. Andrew makes yet another birdie but I answer with a par net bird. ALL SQUARE

SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE RIGHT?

15. Par five up hill with the wind. I top another but hit a screaming 3wd. Gary(stroke) goes down Broadway but not too far. Andrew just a boring par but Gerry(stroke) makes a par net bird after draining a 15ft putt. MP/OC +1

16. Down hill par 3 into the wind. 130 playing like 150 I stick one close. Andrew and Gerry hit the green too but long multi break putts. We all make par after a knee knocker for me slams the stick. MP/OC +1

17. Long par 5 into the wind. Both Gerry and I go full cartners and go way right but find them. I take relief from the car path and hit a 7 iron onto another path. Andrew hits a solid drive but lands next to tree, he got relief from a burrowing animal hole but still has a tough lie. Garry get near the green but has some issues once there. I skull my 8 iron but get away with it by almost sinking it. I have 3 foot putt to win the match but lip it out. MP/OC+1

18. Par 3 finish- I am still mad at myself for missing the winning putt but calm down just enough to stick my tee shot 8 feet past the hole. Gerry and Garry both miss the green and Andrew goes left but has a ridiculous rollercoaster putt attempt. its an uphill to down hill right to left from 40 feet. He couldn't get his past the ridge and makes a bogey. That gave me 3 putt for the win. I drain the bird and Down goes the Champions. MP/OC+2

It was such a fun round and like Andrew said net birdie was needed to win a hole. both teams played under the handicap and it made for a great match.

Here is a scorecard. showing the match.

Message #97864 - This was a reply to message #96601
gary00
RE: GK Cup 16 Team match results
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    arrow wood

Tuesday February 16, 2021 10:04 AM
outstanding recap Matt describing a well earned victory. congrats and go get em for the cup.
 Message #97869 - This was a reply to message #97864
PokerGuy0826
RE: GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Tuesday February 16, 2021 11:45 AM
Match #2 of the semis, between kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 & PokerGuy0826/sandrail05, is set for Saturday, 2/20 @ Sterling Hills in Camarillo at noon.
 Message #97870 - This was a reply to message #96508
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday February 16, 2021 12:27 PM
QUOTED  Match #2 of the semis, between kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 & PokerGuy0826/sandrail05, is set for Saturday, 2/20 @ Sterling Hills in Camarillo at noon.

Good luck to both we look forward to playing the winner!
 Message #97871 - This was a reply to message #97870
kassper7
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    It varies
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

Tuesday February 16, 2021 4:45 PM
What did the other quarterfinalists come up with in case of a tie after 18 holes?

I think in the future, the higher ranked team should be awarded with the win. Right now, there doesn't seem to be any home field advantage to being the higher ranked team. Like how a tie goes to the team that won last Ryder Cup - the upstart has to win it outright. Obviously, that would have to be something decided BEFORE a GK Cup starts.

My best idea otherwise is that the last team to win a hole wins the match. True, 18 pushes in a row makes that system fail but what are the chances???
That makes the 18th hole the win or go home hole for one of the teams and the tie or win to win for the other.
 Message #97872 - This was a reply to message #97871
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday February 16, 2021 5:02 PM
QUOTED  What did the other quarterfinalists come up with in case of a tie after 18 holes?

We were gonna ask to play another hole or plan another round.

QUOTED  I think in the future, the higher ranked team should be awarded with the win

With all do respect I hate this idea
 Message #97874 - This was a reply to message #97872
kassper7
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    It varies
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

Tuesday February 16, 2021 5:44 PM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  I think in the future, the higher ranked team should be awarded with the win

With all do respect I hate this idea

Ok - noted - how about this!
The higher ranked team starts with a 1up lead before teeing off on the first hole and any ties after 18 award the win to the lower ranked team
 Message #97875 - This was a reply to message #97874
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday February 17, 2021 8:54 AM
QUOTED  Ok - noted - how about this!
The higher ranked team starts with a 1up lead before teeing off on the first hole and any ties after 18 award the win to the lower ranked team

That's the same thing LMFAO
 Message #97877 - This was a reply to message #97875
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday February 17, 2021 9:24 AM
QUOTED  Match #2 of the semis, between kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 & PokerGuy0826/sandrail05, is set for Saturday, 2/20 @ Sterling Hills in Camarillo at noon.

Good luck to both teams!

QUOTED  What did the other quarterfinalists come up with in case of a tie after 18 holes?

I think in the future, the higher ranked team should be awarded with the win. Right now, there doesn't seem to be any home field advantage to being the higher ranked team. Like how a tie goes to the team that won last Ryder Cup - the upstart has to win it outright. Obviously, that would have to be something decided BEFORE a GK Cup starts.

My best idea otherwise is that the last team to win a hole wins the match. True, 18 pushes in a row makes that system fail but what are the chances???
That makes the 18th hole the win or go home hole for one of the teams and the tie or win to win for the other.

Playoffs/Finals are a fresh start. Play extra holes sudden death if match is all tied after 18 holes.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97878 - This was a reply to message #97870
PokerGuy0826
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Saturday February 20, 2021 10:40 PM
Match 2 of the semis finals was played today at Sterling Hills. It was a tightly fought match with nice weather, although the winds did come up a bit in the afternoon. We had a good time and all played well for stretches while there were also a few ugly holes played as well.

#1 Eric pars #1 and Chuck bogeys for a net par. AS

#2 Chuck & John both bogey for net pars. AS

#3 Perry hits a sweet shot to about 5 feet on the first par 3 and birdies it for a net 1. Kassper7/FirstFlightFX Up 1.

#4 Eric makes a nice par and gets things back to AS.

#5 John pars this one for net birdie and PokerGuy0826/Sandrail05 go Up 1.

#6 John pars for net birdie and PG/Sandrail go Up 2.

#7 Eric birdies this one to get PG/Sandrsil to 3 Up.

#8 Eric pars, Chuck bogeys for net birdie

#9 Perry pars to get one back. PG/Sandrail make the turn 2 Up.

#10 Eric birdies, Chuck pars for net birdie.

#11 Eric & John both par this short par 3 to get back to 3 Up.

#12 John's tee shot is OB and the other 3 all get 5's. Kassper7/FisrtFlightFX get one back and PG/Sandrail are 2 Up.

#13 Eric & John both par again and are once again 3 Up.

#14 Perry bogey's here for net par and beats Ericc's bogey. PG/Sadnrail Up 2.

#15 John pars here and wins the hole. PG/Sandrail 3 Up once again.

#16 Perry wins this hole easily when both John & Eric take double bogeys. PG/Sandrail Up 2.

#17 Eric pars here and is halved by Chuck with bogey, net par.

#18 Eric wins with par and the match is over.

Perry & Chuck battled back hard to make the last few holes very intense. They both hit some amazing shots, never stopped battling, and were a great pair to play with.

Now on to the finals.
 Message #97908 - This was a reply to message #96508

Listing 31 to 40 of 50 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]