GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 50 of 50 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
FirstFlightFX-101
RE: GK Cup 16 Team Match Standings and Results
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday February 21, 2021 7:13 AM
Good weather, good competition and a good win. Congrats to John and Eric.

Down to four players, two teams and one course left to play...have at it gents!
 Message #97909 - This was a reply to message #97908
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Sunday February 21, 2021 6:20 PM
Congratulations!

PokerGuy0826/Sandrail05 and mpisarski01/OCgolfer19

on qualifying for the Finals!

I will message the four of you soon about arranging the Finals date and location.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97910 - This was a reply to message #97908
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Sunday February 21, 2021 6:41 PM
I am not available the weekend of the 6-7th
 Message #97911 - This was a reply to message #97910
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Sunday March 14, 2021 7:01 PM
A mighty battle happened for the cup today at Desert Willow.

We played off sandrails 8 handicap with OCgolfer getting 8, Pokerguy getting 9, and myself getting 4.

Front nine started off with poker/sand winning the first two holes. Then we traded holes back and fourth until it came down to 9 where poker/sand took a 3 up lead. Hole 10 Poker Sand took the hole and were 4 up after a short miss by me. Hole 11 was won by OC/MP bringing us to 3 down. It stayed that way until hole 15 where OC/MP needed a run to save out match. We ended up winning 15 and 16 to push POKER/SAND to 1 up. Sand and Matt go OB Gerry finds the fairway but has a tough stance, short but finds fairway. Well Poker hits a line drive right at the flag destine to go over but catches a little rough to scrub speed and the ball rolls to 1 inch from the cup for a tap in birdie. Gerry find the green and has a 8 foot chance but it catches the lip and stays out.

It was a fun match and with Sandrail shooting 4 over an Gerry's injured hand it was tough to overcome.

Congrats to Pokerguy0826 and Sanrail05
 Message #98182 - This was a reply to message #96508
ocgolfer19
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Sunday March 14, 2021 7:46 PM
Congrats to the winners. Matt did a great job keeping us close - Pokers second shot on 17 to close us out was pretty incredible.

This was my first time playing in a GK match play eve t. Even though I didn't play all that well, I had a great time teaming up with Matt, meeting other GKers, and adding some competition. i know this one was a little different with Covid and getting all the matches in proved difficult to coordinate, but everyone did the best they could and overall I thought it worked out well.

Thanks to Nick and Johnny for coordinating - I'm sure it's a lot of work. Thanks to all the teams we played, it really was a pleasure meeting new golfers and all our matches were competitive.
 Message #98184 - This was a reply to message #98182
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Sunday March 14, 2021 9:23 PM
QUOTED  Congrats to Pokerguy0826 and Sanrail05

Congratulations to Pokerguy0826 and Sandrail05!

Sounds like a fun match. Unfortunately instead of wonderful weekend at my home with family on Saturday and at Desert Willow on Sunday for the GK Cup Final I spent it in the hospital. I'll make another post about that as I don't want to detract from recap in this Team Match.

Really appreciate the sportsmanship of those that played in our second Team Final.

QUOTED  I had a great time teaming up with Matt, meeting other GKers, and adding some competition. i know this one was a little different with Covid and getting all the matches in proved difficult to coordinate, but everyone did the best they could and overall I thought it worked out well.

Thanks to Nick and Johnny for coordinating - I'm sure it's a lot of work. Thanks to all the teams we played, it really was a pleasure meeting new golfers and all our matches were competitive.

Truly what the GK Cup is all about! THANK YOU

Johnny
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #98187 - This was a reply to message #98182
PokerGuy0826
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Sunday March 14, 2021 11:11 PM
Matt & Gerry were great competitors and even better guys to play a round with! It truly was a fun match. Every time we thought we could put this thing away they came storming back and through the middle of the back 9, wow, we were sweating.

We would just like to thank Johnny & Nick for coordinating this and making it as successful as possible through these trying times. Eric & I have been thrilled to meet all the guys we've played and honestly, each & every one were great examples of what the GK culture is all about. We were welcomed and always made to feel comfortable, although we were the new guys in town.

Matt, thanks for getting Eric to finally commit to finishing his profile, you accomplished something in 4 hours I haven't been able to do in 5 months!

We look forward to more opportunities to play with the guys and hopefully will be looking forward to trying to defend our title when the team play comes back.

Johnny, feel better soon!!

[[Edited by PokerGuy0826 on Sunday March 14, 2021 11:12 PM]]
 Message #98194 - This was a reply to message #96508
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday March 15, 2021 6:29 AM
CONGRATS to the Champs! John and Eric
QUOTED  Well Poker hits a line drive right at the flag destine to go over but catches a little rough to scrub speed and the ball rolls to 1 inch from the cup for a tap in birdie

here's the other version:
Poker thinking it through visualizes his best option.
"this one calls for the low stinger!"

If I can punch it low into the rough just short I think I can get it close. Wa-lah he pulls it off.

How do I know? One of them did it to us the same way in our match! Not to 1" but a shot that won the hole.

Well played!
 Message #98199 - This was a reply to message #98194
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Tuesday March 16, 2021 8:52 AM
Congratulations to the winners ... sounds like it was another great match!
 Message #98226 - This was a reply to message #98199
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Tuesday March 16, 2021 11:37 AM
Congrats to current champs, Eric and John!
Without quoting you John, yes, being a defending champ, has got to be an experience to look forward to. So please, have fun with it and defend it the next time around...because this healthy competitive target is now on your backs ;-)
Cheers,
Chuck
 Message #98232 - This was a reply to message #98194

Listing 41 to 50 of 50 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]