Putter Refinishing?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Putter Refinishing?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 12 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
t8fish
RE: Putter Refinishing?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday November 13, 2021 11:29 AM
If I actually spend the money and have it done, yeah, I would reflexively want to preserve the finish and put something on it.

But short of spending the money and having it done, I'll continue to eschew putter covers, in my van, down by the river.…
 Message #100785 - This was a reply to message #100779
FirstFlightFX-101
RE: Putter Refinishing?
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday November 14, 2021 6:57 AM
Love the sounds of bird chatter, squirrel chatter and bag chatter on the course. My sticks are pretty 'tore up' and I've rattle can refinished my putter twice. I usually use a knitted beer bottle cozy for my anser knockoff putter...the finish will hold up if I use it. The cover also serves to cover the lead tape job, commonly found on my putter.
However, I've used a product called POR(now called POR-15) that stands for paint over rust. It is a permanent industrial finish product, adapted and marketed to the hot rodder crowd, to coat the underside of cars. It works well. If I lived in the rust belt, I would use it on a new vehicle. The industrial enamel finish is so hard, you can hit it with a hammer and it wont chip. We tested it on a Chevelle A-arm, and liked it enough to coat the remaining underside(chevelle's are worth preserving). It brushes on about 5mils thick, and settles to a smooth gloss finish. I've considered this to finish my ugly putter, when I'm done tinkering with it(that, may never happen). A more industrial way to skin a cat...cheers,
 Message #100836 - This was a reply to message #100643

Listing 11 to 12 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]