msherer260
New Ping

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 22, 2021 5:04 PM
I thought I bought some new Ping 425 irons 2 weeks ago...NO 4 to 5 weeks behind in production (Gluing on heads, smacking head with mallet to set lie, tossing on grip)...You would have thought a company that has been in the business as long as Ping would have been a little more ahead of the curve with their new product? The way golf is going under this Covid Pandemic we may even see a slow down in public golf course closings......
 Message #97919
caligolfer1031
RE: New Ping
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 22, 2021 6:04 PM
I ordered a 5 wood from Callaway on 12/30 and it still has not arrived. 2 weeks ago the order status was the last week of May. I contacted them and they said the hold up was the grip I selected was out of stock, so I told them to just choose one and put it on. The new status date was this week. I checked today and now they have added another 2 weeks.

[[Edited by caligolfer1031 on Monday February 22, 2021 6:06 PM]]
 Message #97921 - This was a reply to message #97919
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Monday February 22, 2021 6:23 PM
Took TaylorMade from late September to mid December to deliver a standard loft stiff shaft SIM Driver and 3W that I ordered. Took until after New Years for the stiff shaft SIM 5W I ordered at the same time to be delivered. Almost exactly 3 months on that one?

The Ping G410 iron set I ordered in late September with standard lofts, stiff shafts (nothing exotic) still had not arrived 3 months later. So I canceled the order.

Opposite end of the spectrum. Took PXG from early December to late December to deliver 13 clubs with the shafts and lofts requested, Driver,3W,5W and 10 irons, 4I-LW.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #97922 - This was a reply to message #97921
UNCLEDDBOY23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Whistling Straits

Monday February 22, 2021 7:13 PM
Looked at possibly ordering some PING irons today and they told me the back log was only 3 weeks.
 Message #97923 - This was a reply to message #97919
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Tuesday February 23, 2021 7:40 AM
Hope Ping can actually deliver for you. "My" Ping G410 iron set was paid in full when ordered in late September. Originally told they would arrive by early November. While still in October, that estimated time of delivery was extended out to around Thanksgiving.

Next time I checked was told early to mid December? When early December arrived and I was then told anywhere from Xmas to Feb 1st, I canceled the order and was refunded my $$$. Ordered PXG's that same day and received them the day after Xmas. 3 1/2 weeks total for 13 clubs where PXG provided both the shafts and lofts I wanted.

Back when I placed my latest Ping order, I never even seriously considered any other iron brands. Had played Pings since the mid 1970's, 5 sets total and either from day one or quickly grew to love every single set. It wasn't a question of IF my next set was going to be Pings, but WHICH Ping set would be best for me.

Had heard of PXG's but just admired them from afar. They were out of my price budget. After paying for the Pings, started seeing brand new 2020 0211 PXG iron sets being sold online for less than I paid for the Pings. Did not seem possible, because PXG's had always been really expensive? Looked around and found that PXG had radically lowered the price of their 2020 0211 line to be competitive with all the other major golf manufacturers. Looked at their specs, what was available shaft and grip wise and purchased a set w/o ever having hit them.

I hit them fine, they remind me very much of my old Ping Raptures that I played from 2006-2019 in distance and ball flight. Definitely a club shorter than the Ping G700's I played from late 2019-2020. The 2021 PXG 0211 line radically strengthened the loft of the irons so they CAN compete distance wise with the Ping G7xx series, which are some of the longest irons I have ever hit.

Sat down and wrote a long e-mail to Ping's CEO. Chronicling my past history with Ping. How I never even considered another iron company when purchasing my last few sets of Ping I was so happy with them. How their deadlines and lack of production follow through had delivered who was probably one of their all-time best non paid Ping proponents into the arms of one of their neighboring competitors (Ping is in Phoenix, PXG is in Scottsdale).

Got an e-mail back that my "concerns had been forwarded to the appropriate party"... If it were MY company, I'd have followed through MUCH better than that. I would have asked if you were still interested in a Ping set (I was) if what you asked for could be delivered. I'd have offered a discount or done SOMETHING to try and keep a customer that had been a loyal Ping supporter and player for 45 years. The absolute last thing I would have wanted to have out there is that I couldn't do something in 3 months that my neighbor down the street accomplished in 3 weeks.

Side note about Greg's experiences about his entire order being held up because a particular grip was back ordered. I have had that issue with both TaylorMade and Ping on previous orders. Both companies offer dozens and dozens of grip options and dozens and dozens of shaft options. PXG offers a much more stream lined set of options for both. More than adequate in each category while still providing multiple alternatives. Makes me wonder out loud if just providing several different stiff shafts instead of dozens is a reason they can get their clubs to you when they promise?
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #97927 - This was a reply to message #97923
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Tuesday February 23, 2021 7:57 AM
I was also told by one of the managers @ the very large retail chain where I placed my Ping order the following. That they had so many disgruntled customers come in and cancel their custom Ping orders, that they would no long place a custom order with Ping because every time they checked, the order was pushed out farther. Trade restrictions, COVID, back orders for heads, shafts or grips were all cited as reasons they were not coming within months of meeting their originally promised deadline.

I thought almost 3 months was really long and more than patient on my part to give them that much time. I about came unglued when I was told it could end up being 4-5 months? 4-5 months for standard loft, standard lie stiff shafted Black dots, which have to be one of their most basic requests? Only thing remotely out of the ordinary was I asked for their grip option with Arccos sensors, which they should have been able to easily get because I got a replacement set from Arccos in a matter of days.
 Message #97928 - This was a reply to message #97927
caligolfer1031

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Tuesday February 23, 2021 12:11 PM
My grip is a standard Callaway grip, but I chose the one that had orange on it to match the club head. I can't believe that I had to contact them, they could have sent a quick email letting me know instead of pushing the order back 4+ months. How long does it take to put on a grip?
 Message #97932 - This was a reply to message #97928
jamesg18015
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Tuesday February 23, 2021 2:48 PM
As another data point, I ordered a Ping G425 fairway wood on 1/22 and it arrived on 2/10. Slightly ahead of the 3 weeks I was told it would take. It was the stock shaft, not anything "custom."

[[Edited by jamesg18015 on Tuesday February 23, 2021 2:49 PM]]
 Message #97939 - This was a reply to message #97919
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Wednesday February 24, 2021 6:12 AM
QUOTED  We are all idiots for allowing these understaffed golf companies to treat us like nothing, you can bet if one of their staff members needs a club they would run through hell to get it to them...the real reason is simple, the clubs the public buys at the golf stores are for the most part assembled in China or Mexico...when you need them to touch the club (different grip, different shaft, different lie etc.) well that takes a person to do the work, and they have to pay that person...you can bet they hire the minimum amount of help to do that...a club put together in Mexico cost them a lot less then the one put together here in the States....

Interesting points. Because the experiences related above were all where players asked for something specific, but well within the boundaries of what would be considered normal and customary. Also well within the boundaries of what each manufacturer offered as standard options on their clubs. Often not even $$$ upgrades. But NOT what you would see in bulk on the aisle of a large retailer.
 Message #97954 - This was a reply to message #97951
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Thursday March 4, 2021 5:12 AM
I went to roger dunn riverside on February 15th and ordered a Cleveland hb launcher 5W and a 2H and received them in 2 weeks. I know the were last years model and they were stock senior shsft, but it was good timing
 Message #98030 - This was a reply to message #97954

Listing 1 to 10 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]