GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday March 4, 2021 8:56 AM
Good on you "abbacat" !!

I had a set of wedges I ordered with an upgraded shaft and other things done to it. It took six weeks and a day.
JVGA
 Message #98032 - This was a reply to message #98031
msherer260
RE: New Ping

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday March 6, 2021 4:12 PM
Just read a article from early February where the head of Ping was even working on the assembly line and working his staff Overtime on Saturdays as the lanuch of the 425 clubs was twice what the 410 were in 2019...he also said they had four shipping containers from China "fall off a ship" and were recovering form that delay...it was added that they had the parts to make clubs and fill orders BUT they were so far behind it was an uphill battle. He said the assembly line process had 6 major stations and workers rotated to different stations to help keep them fresh.....so I wait for my 425 irons with a red dot.. 4 weeks in now and no word other then THEY ARE BEHIND.
 Message #98080 - This was a reply to message #97927
UNCLEDDBOY23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Whistling Straits

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 9, 2021 2:23 PM
Ordered a set a PING G 425 irons today ... a 1/2 inch longer shaft, with a shaft that PING carries in stock and Golf Pride tour wrap grips. I was told 3-4 weeks before I would get them. We will see ...
 Message #98117 - This was a reply to message #97919
msherer260

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday March 10, 2021 8:34 AM
https://golf.com/gear/rise-club-demand-forcing-ping-executives-to-work- production-lines/ Ping behind on 425 clubs...

[[Edited by msherer260 on Wednesday March 10, 2021 8:35 AM]]
 Message #98128 - This was a reply to message #98117
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Wednesday March 10, 2021 1:09 PM
If the world is having to eat outside of establishments on the curb, and healthcare testing/vaccine sites are being setup in parking lots...why can't Ping do the same thing and get productivity back up to speed? New bling is essential!
 Message #98143 - This was a reply to message #98128
msherer260

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday March 13, 2021 11:28 AM
This is nothing new for Ping. I googled Ping problems and for years it comes out they have nothing but problems delivering custom work . Had I done this search before buying I would have gone with some other clubs because there were several other clubs I was leaning towards. But once order and pay your money you cannot get a refund which is pure bull sh-t because if they are over a month behind they could easily cancel and refund. Is this another company running on other peoples money, meaning they need our money up front to pay their bills??
 Message #98166 - This was a reply to message #98143
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Saturday March 13, 2021 4:23 PM
I was told in December 2020 by one of the managers @ the large retail chain where I placed my September, 2020 Ping order the following. They had so many disgruntled customers come in and cancel their custom Ping orders, that they were discontinuing custom orders with Ping because every time they checked, the order was pushed out to a later date than the last time they inquired. Trade restrictions, COVID, back orders for heads, shafts or grips were all cited as reasons they were not coming within months of meeting their originally promised deadline.

I thought going on 3 months was really long and more than patient on my part to wait. I about came unglued when I was told it could end up being 4-5 months from when I paid until I would actually get an iron set? 4-5 months for standard loft, standard lie stiff shafted Black dots, which have to be one of their most basic requests? Only thing remotely out of the ordinary was I asked for their grip option with Arccos sensors, which they should have been able to easily get because I got a replacement set from Arccos in a matter of days.

Ask and insist if you really want a refund.

I got a 100% refund from the retailer for my "non refundable" Ping custom order for 10 irons I had placed 10 weeks before. Why? Because Ping still could not provide a firm delivery date and was quoting an additional 1-2 months out as their best guesstimate for delivery. After 10 weeks, they could not even provide a firm assembly date, much less a delivery date.

Took the retailer less than 15 minutes to cancel the order and refund the entire purchase price to my credit card.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98172 - This was a reply to message #98166
JSpin

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Sunday March 14, 2021 7:09 AM
Hmm, I guess I got lucky. Ordered a G425 Max driver custom shaft length and grip and it got delivered a week after launch. Want to complement it with fairways and hybrids if wife will let me blow our stimulus payment on it.
 Message #98174 - This was a reply to message #97919
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday April 7, 2021 6:27 AM
QUOTED  Ordered a G425 Max driver custom shaft length and grip and it got delivered a week after launch.

Several thoughts and observations:

Individual Ping Irons go for roughly 1/4 the price of a new Driver. Top Putters they offer for roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a new Driver. Hybrids and Fairway woods go for roughly 2/3 to 3/4 the price of their new Drivers. Drivers are their high $$$ item by a fairly large margin.

So I suspect they seek to sell new, current version Drivers harder than any other individual club. Highest priced club they offer probably = most profitable?

Also, easier for companies to fill an order for an individual Driver than a whole iron set? Much less production time to supply 1 grip/shaft and a head that is now screwed in compared to (depending on what irons you go with) 6-10 grips/shafts and 6-10 heads that are epoxied in would be my guess.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98451 - This was a reply to message #98174

Listing 11 to 19 of 19 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]