Discussions in Pro Corner - Talking about Tour Stuff!
Moderated By JohnnyGK, Paisano, ringworld

Forums
Golfing
Pro Corner - Talking about Tour Stuff!
More LIV
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: More LIV

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
msherer260
More LIV

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday August 2, 2022 12:04 PM
What are chances the Masters will make a decision on LIV golfers so far they have the rules about winners playing....also wonder if any Club/Ball companies are thinking of pulling deals, guess that would be hard to do cause then it would come out that the balls and club make really do not matter for top players...
 Message #102575
Deepsea14
RE: More LIV
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday August 2, 2022 4:55 PM
I want to hear what Condoleezza Rice has to say about the subject. I nominate her as our club spokesperson on the matter!

Opps I forgot I'm not a member of Augusta. Just a guru rant...

It's about the all mighty $$$ or saudi riyal. I think the Swiss will take that currency in their banking system.

The PGA players that are young and hungry now were mere boys or close to during Tigers prime years. Many with talent and passion funneled into the game due to the Tiger phenomenon.

The older guys on the PGA tour can't make enough or it's too difficult to make the cut and money each week in the grind of trying to beat the level of talent at the top level these days.

And why so much talent? follow the dollars.

My buddy mentioned the showdown could be the PGA players boycott if LIV players are allowed into the Masters. Maybe the Masters is a poor example as they can limit the advertising revenue and still put on a show. ie financially independent

Take Rickie Fowler as an example he shot +3 missed cut last weekend in a seasons close out final week events where the battle for 125 on the list is fierce.
He has been offered the easy money to go to the LIV but so far has resisted.
Bubba is the newest LIV member with name recognition and multiple major wins.
If it's the right move for the individual and their family who has the right to criticize?

Many Americans drive BMW Mercedes and Hondas. Watch Sony Tv's.
The USA bitterly battled the home countries of these companies in WWII.
My father always drove an American car and let you know why.
And we were in the oil business 1945 to current.
So in essence we were selling Saudi products (or Venezuelan) and contributing to climate change.
Oh we made a lot of money.
 Message #102577 - This was a reply to message #102575
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday August 3, 2022 4:09 PM
QUOTED  My father always drove an American car and let you know why.

I stay neutral with English, German, Italian, and American cars.

QUOTED  And we were in the oil business 1945 to current.

Unlike other highly skilled very likeable Nor Cal players, you can thank me for keeping your retirement check healthy!
 Message #102582 - This was a reply to message #102577
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Thursday August 4, 2022 10:37 AM
Have read the recent news of the LIV players' anti trust lawsuit vs. the PGA. Have to say this: Not only can the LIV lure top name players but they've landed top flight legal representation. The LIV arguments are compelling, persuasive and pretty understandable generally. I think they've got a shot, just like the DP players found some success in Europe by getting a court to let them play in the Scottish Open. The LIV filing really makes the PGA tour look like thugs the way they bullied their partners. The PGA lawyers will likely counter that the LIV players can show no damages in light of the big $$ signing bonuses and large ass purses. But I'm thinking LIV can overcome this by pointing to the PGAs anti competitive moves (pretty egregious--read the filing). And, LIV looks like they chose a receptive Nor Cal venue. Will be very chaotic if these players are able to squeeze their way into the FedEx POs. Never thot pro golf would involve so much drama.
 Message #102583 - This was a reply to message #102577
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday August 4, 2022 11:04 AM
Perspective and perception.
 Message #102584 - This was a reply to message #102583
zachary

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Paul Goydos
Favorite Golf Course:
    Industry Hills

Friday August 5, 2022 7:48 AM
I would love to see those guys at LIV in the locker room with the PGA players. To be a fly on the wall! You think Phil is an outcast now, just wait. The players on the tour are not going to be as supportive to those trying to double dip.

Is LIV going to let people jump back and forth from the PGA to the LIV tour? I love how everyone thinks the PGA is somehow in the wrong banning players who went to LIV. Those guys made their beds, time for nighty night.
 Message #102585 - This was a reply to message #102584
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Friday August 5, 2022 7:56 AM
QUOTED  Unlike other highly skilled very likeable Nor Cal players, you can thank me for keeping your retirement check healthy!

oh yeah it's just fun... Nothing like cubic inches, they used to say, now we have the dual motor.
QUOTED  Perspective and perception.

LIV vs PGA from the legal view instead of what's happening between the ropes. Not my cup of tea, just sayin'.
QUOTED  LIV looks like they chose a receptive Nor Cal venue

Just what we need. Will spectators be allowed at the hearings?
 Message #102586 - This was a reply to message #102582
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday August 6, 2022 3:06 AM
Ignoring certain aspects for political expediency has become a national pastime. Why not apply the technique elsewhere? Of course telling ourselves lies is as old as mankind . . . believing other’s lies in the eye of the beholder.
 Message #102587 - This was a reply to message #102586
coronagolfman

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch GC

Sunday August 7, 2022 10:38 AM
If Fed Ex points are awarded for competitions run by the PGA and R&A then how could LIV players qualify for the playoff? Teams in the CFL don't qualify for participation in the Super Bowl playoff. Seems like only argument LIV players with Fed Ex points accumulated to this point for this year would have would be to get an injunction to allow them to play given their points were made as members of the PGA or R&A events. But next year they would have no points and thus it would be a moot question.

As far as the Masters and USGA and Open tournaments go don't they work off the World Rankings for part of their exemptions? And since those rankings are pretty much run by the PGA and R&A and USGA then one could expect that the LIV tour would have very little chance to see their tour players included in those rankings. But hey, given the amount of money LIV tour players are given in exchange for not getting any participation in the World Rankings I suppose they can endure USGA Open or R&A Open qualifications if that is a cherry those organizations are willing to concede to LIV members to avoid any identification as monopolies.

[[Edited by coronagolfman on Sunday August 7, 2022 10:41 AM]]
 Message #102590 - This was a reply to message #102577
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday August 8, 2022 11:45 AM
Too many options and outcomes and too many lawyers and potential lawsuits for my brain. still very early in a legal processes thing.

43 year old Bubba who has not won since 2018 joins LIV takes his $50 million guaranteed. Has two green jackets to his credit.

Simple question:

Are his jackets still in the clubhouse, does he still have membership/two time champion access to Magnolia Lane?

I wouldn't be too worried about the chances to play anywhere else for any amount.
Just don't take away my privileges here as a member or to play the big one.
Heck a lot of people with double ($50M net worth) can't get an application form.
 Message #102593 - This was a reply to message #102590

Listing 1 to 10 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]