Discussions in Pro Corner - Talking about Tour Stuff!
Moderated By JohnnyGK, Paisano, ringworld

Forums
Golfing
Pro Corner - Talking about Tour Stuff!
Westwood
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Westwood

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 15 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
mlslaw
RE: Westwood

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 15, 2021 7:15 PM
Westwood sed himself: "Helen doesn't know a lot about golf." But she's having the desired effect--he's actually smiling out there, unlike all the others who scowl. I even saw Helen take Lee's putter, put on the cover head and then, as she passed him, goosed him with the putter. Playful gal.
 Message #98220 - This was a reply to message #98217
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday March 15, 2021 7:47 PM
I just saw a report that he is going to have his son on the bag at the masters.
 Message #98221 - This was a reply to message #98220
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Monday March 15, 2021 8:35 PM
Up to #19 in the world rankings after Sunday's 2nd @ The Players.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98222 - This was a reply to message #98221
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 16, 2021 5:48 AM
2.6 mil in 2 weeks !!
JVGA
 Message #98225 - This was a reply to message #98179
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday March 17, 2021 9:58 AM
I am not dismissing for a second the experience, skill and competency level of a top flight Tour level caddie. Throw out the obvious of carrying the bag and cleaning the club part. If they are not competent, they can definitely LOSE a top player a tournament. Not being on time, forgetting a club, somehow missing an extra club that would result in penalties?

Part of their basic checklist for every single round. Bag properly stocked? Correct 14 clubs? Proper amount of and kind of gloves? Umbrella/Raingear? Dry and wet clean towels? Having the appropriate amount of and right kind of golf balls? Tees, ball markers? Any specialty extras? Sunscreen? Gum? Lip balm? etc.

Just because the bag was fully stocked yesterday doesn't mean it is 100% ready to go today. These are not a given from day to day once the bag leaves your sight. Especially if the player may have taken a club out in their room the night before to check or practice something.

I have no doubt that some caddie/player combinations work better then others, regardless of the skill level of both. Needs to be a good personality fit.

Guess my point is that IMO, a caddie can definitely cost a player the tournament. However, except in very rare circumstances where they happened to catch something critical no one else would have, not sure they can win a tournament for a player.

Does REALLY anyone think Stevie Williams should get credit for Tiger winning majors? The decade that Tiger was on top, as long as we didn't do something stupid to mess it up? I think Tiger was winning those majors with me, you or almost anyone who could stay out of the way and do whatever they could to assist their player avoid mistakes.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98248 - This was a reply to message #98225

Listing 11 to 15 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]