YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Lower Back - Taking 3 weeks off Golf

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
Lower Back - Taking 3 weeks off Golf

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday November 9, 2021 8:36 PM
I didn't make a post here on GK about a lower back issue I dealt with during my round at Porter Valley CC last week because I did not think it was that serious. I gave my back 4 days of rest with stretching and although it felt a little tight, it was pain free teeing off #1. Granted I already had two pre-emptive advil in me. Well on hole 7 I felt the pain again after my drive, popped two more advil on hole 9 and had a beer. Yes come 30 minutes later I felt mostly better but with all that advil in me I was checked out and not focused.

Anyway, during my long drive home in traffic to Thousand Oaks I began to wise up and put my desire to keep playing golf in perspective. My back obviously needs a break from the game and pounding advil is NOT something I want to keep doing to get through a round. I very much want to be 100% for the coming GK Plays Rams Hill/GK Guru Monday in December.

So I'm shutting my golf game down for three weeks, going to up my stretching and build up my leg/core strength in order to return to the game feeling great.

I'm still going to be at GK Guru outings walking the golf courses and hanging out with GKers (which I enjoy more than playing anyway). I'll bring my putter to roll some putts and of course my phone to snap lots of pictures.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100657
Nickesquire
RE: Lower Back - Taking 3 weeks off Golf
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday November 10, 2021 6:13 AM
Probably prudent. Low back not to be messed with or taken lightly when it comes to a golf swing. Especially when you are accustomed to going all out for decades. Rest and come back strong!
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100665 - This was a reply to message #100657
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Wednesday November 10, 2021 6:47 AM
A guy I use to work for, who had back surgery, once told me while sitting in the golf cart next to me and washing Vicodin down with a beer, “whatever you do Jimmy never let them cut on you!”. Rest is best. Then develop a stretching, core-strengthening routine that works for you. The long drives are a killer! I can’t just jump out of the car and play anymore after a long drive. Painkillers are only a mask.
 Message #100666 - This was a reply to message #100657
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Wednesday November 10, 2021 10:27 AM
My doctor and I were once discussing TIMS vs deep tissue massage for back spasms...we both agreed that deep tissue massage that my wife could perform, would be best. He tilted his head with a grin and a glare, when I asked him to write me some 'orders' to give to her. B-)
 Message #100669 - This was a reply to message #100657
chevelle

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Wednesday November 10, 2021 11:32 AM
Johnny, in June I had to take 6 weeks off because of the lower back and knee, it killed me not to play but was the correct decision. I just had to take 2 weeks off for the lower back again, played my 1st round yesterday Nov 9th. It kills me not to swing but it is the correct decision. I got a roller for my hamstrings and that really help loosen them up and it helps the lower back. Walking is good but if the hamstrings are tight, the lower back will still hurt. Good luck.
 Message #100670 - This was a reply to message #100669
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer/My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch

Wednesday November 10, 2021 12:34 PM
after watching that swing on #3 at PVCC I think tht is wise decision.
 Message #100673 - This was a reply to message #100657
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday November 10, 2021 12:40 PM
Like Nick said, lower back issues not to be taken lightly. However, if you want a funky swing that allows you to work around back issues, let me know! lol

Rest up and we'll see you in December.
 Message #100674 - This was a reply to message #100673
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday November 11, 2021 4:51 AM
Deep tissue massage has been good for me, it hurts sooo goood! I have a guy straight out of an Indian ashram. Family business, he is gooood! Not cheap and he really hits the spots, but the relief is amazing.
 Message #100712 - This was a reply to message #100669

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]