The Open Championship
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: The Open Championship

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1
Deepsea14
The Open Championship
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 16, 2022 6:50 AM
Anybody up early tuning in? Watched round 1 & 2 on the USA cable network?

Observations or comments?

Oh glad you asked. Have not watched alot myself yet but will today and early tomorrow.

Bryson on 17 tee shot "the road hole" the most famous hole in golf some say.
Aiming right of the word hotel on the wall of the building. (I'd line drive it into the wall or a window)
He hooks it left and so opposite of his intended path he looks like me on any given Sunday (23.7)
Yikes!
Oh I guess four putting 16 may have been a factor?

It's just fun.

Max Homa didn't make the cut but was right there for Tigers final walk over the Swilken bridge.
"it was like being in a movie" he stated.
 Message #102507
sr129
RE: The Open Championship
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    anyone not on liv
Favorite Golf Course:
    goose creek

Saturday July 16, 2022 10:49 AM
I recorded todays coverage and i'm about 31/2 hours in and I don't think I've seen 2 hours of golf. Really don't like all the split screen stuff and commenters spewing bs. Thank god for fast forward
 Message #102508 - This was a reply to message #102507
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Jon Rahm
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Saturday July 16, 2022 12:49 PM
Don't recall a better first page of the leader board in a recent major. Tomorrow should be fun.
 Message #102509 - This was a reply to message #102508
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday July 16, 2022 4:41 PM
QUOTED  Really don't like all the split screen stuff and commenters spewing bs

I like the mics used on course that picked up the spectator comment

"he chunked it" the guy says.
The commentator says "they have such knowledgeable fans here..."

cut to the replay: super slo-mo which showed a clean hit and divot after impact.
Not a great result but certainly not a chunk as called by the knowledgeable spectator.

QUOTED  Tomorrow should be fun.

True that. The international mix of talent is intriging.
Willy veterans and younger I think I cans with a few I've done its.
throw in a dose of links luck.

The grass appears a bit more brown and dry this year in the unkept areas.
Similar to NorCal golden fields of summer grasses.
 Message #102510 - This was a reply to message #102509
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Sunday July 17, 2022 12:02 AM
QUOTED  Don't recall a better first page of the leader board in a recent major. Tomorrow should be fun.

Agree with that Mark. Almost everyone within reasonable striking distance either has already won a major... or you look at their career/current game and you think "I could see them winning a major"... very few "pretenders"...

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Sunday July 17, 2022 12:03 AM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #102512 - This was a reply to message #102509
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Sunday July 17, 2022 3:30 PM
So Hovland shoots two 66's and a 68 with 6 birdies each round and is tied for 1st after 54 holes @ -16.

Wonder if it was Hovland? Or more likely a member of his team that came up with the Final Round Sunday ultra conservative strategy of often laying back 50 yards behind Rory? He was piping it down close to greens for 3 days and making 33% birdies... he lays back and has a 3 bogey, 1 birdie Sunday?

To me, Viktor just seems like a pedal to the medal type of guy. That was not as much a failure of Execution as it was a failure of Strategy IMO.

Bet if you told Rory he would have a no hole over par Sunday and that he handily beat Hovland starting 4 strokes clear of the rest of the field... that he would have felt GREAT about his chances before he teed off.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #102513 - This was a reply to message #102512
sr129
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    anyone not on liv
Favorite Golf Course:
    goose creek

Sunday July 17, 2022 4:30 PM
Per Rory after the round it was his putter that let him down today 36 putts at that level will never get it done
 Message #102514 - This was a reply to message #102513
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Sunday July 17, 2022 6:44 PM
The way Mr Smith has gone about his business this year, it's not a surprise he has a Claret Jug.

Rory not getting it done, spotted the said lead is somewhat surprising.

Hovland will figure it out and have his day. Cameron Young as well gaining valuable experience.

30 on the back can't argue with that. Well played poker face.
 Message #102515 - This was a reply to message #102514

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]