BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 86 Replies

PAGES: 9 1 2 3 4 5
Alex326
BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday March 4, 2020 6:59 AM
Traveling Birdie Chain Stake Holders

Alex326 - Braemar Country Club
Mnielson - Hunter Ranch
Alex326 - Hunter Ranch
Alex326 - Carmel Valley Ranch
Gregholla - Spyglass Hill
Mpisarski01 - The Glass
Alex326 - Spanish Bay
Mpisarski01 - Spanish Bay
Mpisarski01 - Sun City West GC (Deer Valley)
Roarksown1 -Sun City West GC (Deer Valley)
Alex326 - Sandpiper
Roarksown1- Sandpiper
Alex326 - Sandpiper
Alex326 - Spanish Bay
Alex326 - Kern River GC x2
Roarksown1 – Hunter Ranch
Alex326 – Hunter Ranch X2
Sbarajasjr – Hunter Ranch
Roarksown1 – Hunter Ranch
Mpisarski01 – Hunter Ranch x2
Mpisarski01- Journey at Pechanga.
Rudyclub - Journey at Pechanga.
Rat-Patrol- Rams Hill
Mpisarski01- Rams Hill x2
Rudyclub - Rams Hill
Mpisarski01- Pebble Beach (EAGLE)
Mpisarski01- Mission Hills
JohnnyGK - Arrowood
AndrewZ28- Arrowood
Gary00 - Arrowood
Aakes90278- Black Gold
Dconnally - Black Gold
Sr714 - Hidden Valley
Dconnally - Hidden Valley
DeepSea14 - Hidden Valley
JohnnyGK - Cascata
Alex326- Cascata
RGM2525- Cascata
RGM2525- Reflection Bay
MPisarski01-Reflection Bay x2
Mpisarski01- Mojave Resort GC
Gregholla? - Mojave Resort GC
Apisarski? - Mojave Resort GC
Mpisarski01- Mojave Resort GC

For those that have seen the pictures or heard the roars, you know a bunch of us have been having fun with the “Birdie Chain”. What is the Birdie Chain you ask? It’s a VERY fake oversized gold and diamond dollar sign ($) necklace that you would see a rapper wear. Last summer some GK’ers put one into play handing it out after someone made a birdie. There are a few floating around and people have been having a blast going after the Birdie Chain.

So, RGM2525 and I decided to have an official unofficial Birdie Chain Battle. Better known as the BCB. We now have an official GK Traveling Birdie Chain (TBC).

Rules are simple. Only gross birdies or better count. Players can play from any tee they want during a round. Scores mean absolutely nothing for the BCB. Only Birdies count! Players don’t need a handicap or a score tracker account. Heck, you don’t even need a full set of clubs! All you need is a good attitude and be willing to have fun!

Players must be on the same course at the same time for the Birdie Chain Battle. That’s it! Birdie Chain Challenges can be part of the GK Cup or completely separate and players don’t have to be part of the GK Cup to participate in the BCB. Oh, there is one other rule. After securing the BC, you have to take a picture with it and tee off with it on the next hole!

Whomever has the last birdie gets to keep it until someone new challenges you and takes it away.

After successfully defending the Birdie Chain against RGM2525 at Braemar (don’t ask me how that happened) I fended off Mnielson, (he had it for a while at Hunter Ranch), Eli1488, and then DeepSea14.

Mpisarski01 is now the proud holder of the Traveling Birdie Chain. During the 36 hole extravaganza at Spyglass Hill and Spanish Bay, the TBC was donned my many competitors with Gregholla first posing with it on hole 11 at The Glass. The picture should look familiar as that’s JohnnyGK’s favorite birdie hole.

Misarski01 was next to rock the BC with a monster drive at No. 17 that led to a chip and tap in birdie. I got it back for a bit with a birdie on #2 at Spanish Bay only to see it head south for the winter when Matt chipped in for birdie at #14.

I believe the next BCB event is on Saturday between Mpisarski01 and Roarksown1. I have no doubt those two will keep us updated (I’ll be checking the GK App!) as to who is in possession of the BC.

After that it’s open for anyone to challenge. Just reach out to the holder and set up a round. Please post BCB results here so others can challenge you.

There will be a special Birdie Chain trophy at a GK (Rams Hill?) event in December which will have everyone’s name on it who held the TBC. The commemorative trophy will go to the last holder of the TBC.

Good Luck to all!

[[Edited by Alex326 on Sunday July 26, 2020 7:57 PM]]
 Message #93805
JohnnyGK
RE: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday March 4, 2020 7:20 AM
Fun! - you know I'm coming after that!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #93807 - This was a reply to message #93805
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Wednesday March 4, 2020 7:47 AM
Made my first 2020 birdie (finally) on Monday. It wasn't with a GKer sadly but with two casual player buddies. Even without a GKer present I'm noting it. Tweet Tweet.

Ever since I heard of the birdie chains existence I have been unofficially officially vying for one. I've seen presentations made. Like Lord Stanleys Cup (NHL trophy) to a professional hockey player it's bad mojo to touch one unless you make a birdie. I have yet to be able to earn one of these coveted pieces of jewelry. I think there maybe more than one BC in circulation among-st the GKers.

I like the BCB concept. We need more FUN in the game for sure and always!

I would have made a presentation yesterday to my friend who hit hybrid from 147 with a slight fade hit left of the green a foot away from rocks and lateral hazard bounces left and rolls to 6" just in front of the cup. He didn't miss the putt (no gimmes) I took a picture sans BC cuz I don't have one in my bag to give away. (yet)

Where do you buy them? I know there are many styles available. Is there an official GK supplier?
 Message #93809 - This was a reply to message #93805
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday March 4, 2020 8:10 AM
So what you are saying is if I don't play any GK'er for the rest of the year I will get a trophy??????

I Officially announce my retirement until Jan 1st 2021!!!!!!!!!!!! The birdie chain is MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Message #93810 - This was a reply to message #93807
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Wednesday March 4, 2020 8:43 AM
I think there are or could be many of these "birdie chains" (or there should be)

Any player who earns one during the year should qualify for an end of the year BCB play day to determine who will be crowned the BCB player of the year with all the accolades and financial reward due such a prestigious title.

You don't have to keep it just get it (at least one) and then give it away to the next birdie boy (girl) or go make another on top of your playing partner and wrest it back from them. Once you get one you qualify for the BCB tour championship event.
 Message #93811 - This was a reply to message #93810
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Wednesday March 4, 2020 4:26 PM
Don't worry Alex ... I'll take it off Matt in AZ this weekend and I'll let you have a gander at it when we play Sandpiper the following week, but just don't make a big scene when I leave with it again ... ;-p
 Message #93821 - This was a reply to message #93811
Alex326
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday March 4, 2020 5:38 PM
QUOTED  Like Lord Stanleys Cup (NHL trophy) to a professional hockey player it's bad mojo to touch one unless you make a birdie.

Definitely can't touch it unless you make a birdie, that's a triple bogey guarantee for sure!
QUOTED  Any player who earns one during the year should qualify for an end of the year BCB play day to determine who will be crowned the BCB player of the year with all the accolades and financial reward due such a prestigious title.

Sounds like a good idea to me. The nice thing about the BCB is we get to make up the rules as we go. As you said Peter, It's all about having FUN!

QUOTED  I Officially announce my retirement until Jan 1st 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha. Unfortunately retirement would void your strict GK CUP contract that was written by a lawyer who's fully prepared file a suit against you and strip you of all Birdie Chain holdings past, present and future!!

QUOTED  but just don't make a big scene when I leave with it again ...

That's so nice of you to drive it all the way up north to bring the TBC to my house for me....

[[Edited by Alex326 on Wednesday March 4, 2020 7:18 PM]]
 Message #93822 - This was a reply to message #93809
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday March 9, 2020 6:28 AM
A BCB was had at Sun City West Deer Valley Between myself (Matt) and Roarksown1- After 14 holes and 4 looks at birdie Matt finally broke through on the Par 5 15th with a good drive and layup, I landed my approach about 2 ft and drained the putt.

Things were not looking good for Rob as he was all over the place with his shots but then came Hole 18. He mashed a drive center fairway followed by a decent approach the put him 25ft from the hole I put my birdie pitch long and fortunately for him I gave him a read. He lines up and hits aslow roller down the hill that catches the edge of the cup and lips around 180° and stays in the hole for birdie.

I promptly gave him the middle finger and run off trying to steal the BC like Shooter McGavin and happy's gold jacket. He tracks me down and took out my knees with a 7 iron and takes the chain.

It was a lot of fun playing Rob and it looks like Alex326 will have another crack at the chain next week in Santa Barbara.
 Message #93850 - This was a reply to message #93822
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday March 9, 2020 4:33 PM
The BC is in good hands my friends ... I'm going to show it to Alex on Friday at Sandpiper, let him know what he's missing, then promptly stuff it back in my bag, hidden far away so when TSA next goes through my travel bag they don't think I'm smuggling in the bling.
 Message #93856 - This was a reply to message #93850
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday March 9, 2020 10:24 PM
QUOTED  Don't worry Alex ... I'll take it off Matt in AZ this weekend

I love a man who keeps his word!!

QUOTED  I promptly gave him the middle finger and run off trying to steal the BC like Shooter McGavin and happy's gold jacket. He tracks me down and took out my knees with a 7 iron and takes the chain.

A. NOTE to Self: Don't read the color commentary while driving a golf cart. Almost drove off the side of a hill, I was laughing so much!

B. I'll be checking Rob's 7 iron on Friday to ensure that it still conforms to USGA standards.

After going down south for a few weeks, it's time for that bird to fly north for the summer!
 Message #93858 - This was a reply to message #93856

Listing 1 to 10 of 86 Replies

PAGES: 9 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]