BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 101 to 110 of 115 Replies

PAGES: 12 8 9 10 11 12
mpisarski01
RE: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 14, 2020 9:04 AM
Well a battle happened yesterday at Desert willow between RGM2525 and I and..............Believe it or not we had ZERO birdies. I was 0-3 on good looks for birdies and Ron missed a Handful as well. Oh well on to the next challenge.
 Message #96261 - This was a reply to message #93805
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday September 15, 2020 7:18 AM
What?? That's hard to believe neither of you had a birdie at a great course like Desert Willow. I was getting ready to take some vacation time to come after the TBC. Guess it can wait a couple of weeks.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Tuesday September 15, 2020 7:22 AM]]
 Message #96296 - This was a reply to message #96150
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday September 15, 2020 9:35 AM
I am thinking for grizzly we will combine the 3 groups and whoever makes the last birdie gets the chain. That way its fair if we cant be in the same group.
 Message #96297 - This was a reply to message #96296
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday September 15, 2020 11:45 AM
QUOTED  I am thinking for grizzly we will combine the 3 groups and whoever makes the last birdie gets the chain. That way its fair if we cant be in the same group.

Sounds like a plan.... as long as I get the last birdie. haha.
 Message #96299 - This was a reply to message #96297
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday September 28, 2020 6:54 AM
DRAMA IN THE BCB!!!!!!!

The chain was in play on Friday and Saturday At incline village and Grizzly Ranch.

Friday morning 8 of us played the Mountain course at incline village and the chain was in play. Being a short Course I expected the chain to be passed around quite a bit. Sadly none of us played well until the end of the round where i rattled off 3 straight birdies on 16,17 &18 to keep the chain in my possession.

Day two was an long battle at Grizzly Ranch. We had 13 players with 10 of them being Gk'ers battling for the chain. On the first 18 holes I took the chain on 8 and 10 but Gregholla stole the chain by driving the green on 11 and tapping in for eagle securing it for the first round.

For the second round there was some drama. Alex326 made the only birdie of the front nine on 2 but decided he had to leave after 9 holes stealing the chain. We were angry and threatened to steal his clubs and let the air out of the tires so he couldn't leave with it. Of course on hole 11 Apisarski, Gregholla and I all made birdie so we should have had the chain not Alex326.

Word is that he lost it already to deepsea so all I can say is that chain is cursed until it comes back to its rightful owner ME!

Here should be the rule. If you dont play the full course you can not steal the chain.

All in favor of making a new Rule for the BCB say I.

I
 Message #96432 - This was a reply to message #93805
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday September 28, 2020 7:29 AM
Correct in that DeepSea14 has the TBC. In my defense at Grizzly Ranch I had previously declared I was only playing 9 holes before the round started. And with Chaos and darkness looming., I left after giving everyone plenty of opportunity to take the chain back. So yes, like when Matt took possession of the BC a few months back when Rudyclub(?) was the rightful owner during the match, there are some exceptions to the rules! Haha

I will update the official list in the next day or two.
 Message #96433 - This was a reply to message #96432
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday September 28, 2020 7:30 AM
NOT "I"...

Nice weekend in the Sierra played two courses for the first time. (Plumas Pines / Grizzly Ranch)

Knowing the Birdie Chain was coming here from SoCal just upped the ante for the Grizzly round.

Finding out Matt had procession of it to start the day Saturday was not surprising. (check the YTD list) That it was on Gregholla's scorecard on the picnic table was cool. Hole 11 is a drive-able par 4 for the big hitters even playing uphill. I'm certain had Alex played on he would have birdied 14. The chain is safe and in possession of the rightful holder.

Alex sent me a picture of his treasure on Saturday. That he took it away after 9 holes? Part of the plan. Thanks Matt for delivering to NorCal where it belongs. And for setting up the Grizzly round.

Maybe not part of Alex's plan was my 7 foot uphill putt on the par 5 12th at Coyote Moon. Since Todd and I have a chain we battle for between ourselves and Alex had the traveling chain, that was all the sweeter for me. Self nicknamed myself TWO-Chains.

I was surprised to get earn the BC once. Getting it for the 2nd time this year is icing of the cake of a great golf weekend.

I don't make many birdies (only one in 70 holes Fri-Sun) BUT when I do I prefer the BC available!
 Message #96434 - This was a reply to message #96432
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday September 28, 2020 4:43 PM
Totally forgot Rudy club had 3 birdies in 6 holes to start the grizzly day
 Message #96447 - This was a reply to message #96432
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Saturday October 3, 2020 4:38 PM
The Birdie Chain landed back where it belongs today (at least the Pisarski version with the spinners) after a well-struck, drawing 6-iron found the green about three feet from the pin on the 15th hole 178-yard par 3 at Costa Mesa's Los Lagos 18. It was tough to get any rhythm going today with all of the waiting around, sometimes three groups deep on the par 3s, but we still had a lot of fun on a muggy but beautiful day.
 Message #96502 - This was a reply to message #96447
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday October 11, 2020 3:47 PM
The Traveling BC. Was out today at Spanish Bay. Though I played poorly all day long, I managed to snag the first birdie of the day with a perfect iron shot on the scenic Par 3 Eighth hole. I stuffed it in close for the easy 2' (or less) birdie. Peter had a nice shot on 16 (156 yard Par 3) but missed the 10'-12' birdie putt.

Next up was the tough par 4 17th hole. This hole usually plays into the wind but today we had a quartering tailwind. Peter found fairway then hit a great second shot that somehow just came up a few yards short of the green. I was off in no mans land, safely chipped on to the center of the green to watch Peter's brilliant chip in.

A stray drive on the 18th by me had Peter making dinner plans with the BC! Back to Sacramento it goes!
 Message #96602 - This was a reply to message #96502

Listing 101 to 110 of 115 Replies

PAGES: 12 8 9 10 11 12

[ Community Page ]