BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 51 to 60 of 115 Replies

PAGES: 12 4 5 6 7 8
dconnally
RE: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday June 28, 2020 10:17 PM
I took the birdie chain to Hidden Valley GC on Saturday, 6/27, for my match with sr714.

Steve started the par-4 4th hole by smoking a 250+ drive, then missed the green to the right. I wasn't sure about this strategy until he grabbed a wedge and chipped in for the birdie. Now it made perfect sense.

Steve kept the birdie chain until the 18th, when I stunned the crowd (and myself) by rolling in a 30-footer to clinch the match and take back the chain!

But I only had it for 2 minutes. After a good drive and a hybrid smoked just over the back of the green (almost hitting the pin), deepsea14 had a putt straight down the fall line of the green, 15 feet for a final-stroke birdie.

So Peter has possession.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #95532 - This was a reply to message #95525
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Tuesday June 30, 2020 9:00 PM
Thanks for the run down David. And congrats for your steady play and qualifying for the next level in GK 15.
QUOTED  I took the birdie chain to Hidden Valley GC on Saturday, 6/27, for my match with sr714.

Since I had not read up to date posts, I was surprised to see the birdie chain come out for presentation to Steve after his delicate downhill R to L chip in center cup on the fourth hole. That put him 4 up after four holes much to my chagrin in our match and the BC was the least of my worries at that point. Trying to get out of the discombobulated downward spiral of poor play and penalties.

The number one handicap 196 yard par 3 5th was next and Steve was laser focused on the double sweep of both matches and his outside chance of qualifying for GK15 final. Completely focused as he approached the tee box without those shiny links of gold and diamonds draped around his neck. He proceeded to flush an iron over the back flag to the edge of the green and made routine two putt par to win the hole against both his foes. I dumped one in the poo and DC was left and poor chip led to bogey.

On the round went. Now down six after six, Steve hit what looked like a perfect three wood at the LS of number 7 green. Ended up losing a ball and I had a uphill 15 foot look at birdie ended up with easy par but no chain. My best chance to wrest it from him, I thought and get back in the match. Parred the next hole as well. -4 was the closest I would get in our match, sadly. DC had a few more birdie chances too as I recall and when he left putts short he made those tough knee knockers to keep his match close.

On now the 18th "the rest of the BCB story". David leads off with a good drive to the right which made his approach a little longer. I chose a low stinger left of center not long but in the short stuff. 178 out with wind I hit my best shot of the day a hybrid on the flag rolled to 6" off the green. David had a putt uphill from right to left he studied in earnest (Match play vs Sr714 on the line) Hit a perfect putt matching line and speed, right to left as it slowed and dropped in. I'm like are you kidding me?!!! What a roll. Mine was much easier and closer. A bit downhill pretty straight. Came out of the fringe smooth and online I thought just a touch slow but it caught the left edge and dropped.

Technically dconnally should have been presented the BC from Steve, then he could have given to me. (Sorry David missed that picture) dconnally had it, lost it, got it back, and lost it again on the last putt of the day. Honestly it was not the rush I expected to get it under those circumstances. Kind of a "Come'on man" really?!

Now a few days later? I'm proud as a peacock and will be strutting it on the range. Because for sure I'm going to be sporting it on the first tee next time we GK'ers gather for another round of the greatest game ever played.

Who wants it? Come get it or give me a couple weeks and I'll drive it back to SoCal. Not to give it away either! Just give you a looksy. It's just FUN
 Message #95550 - This was a reply to message #95532
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday June 30, 2020 10:50 PM
What are you doing on July 31st Peter? Did I tell you I have a tee time at Spanish Bay that day..... I want that BC Back!! Yocha Dehe??
 Message #95552 - This was a reply to message #95550
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday June 30, 2020 11:45 PM
Bling Badge!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95553 - This was a reply to message #93805
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday July 3, 2020 3:13 AM
You Guys are nuts LOL. All for a cheapo Hecho en China Cubic Zirconia chotski LOL.

Wait, my interest is piqued LOL... how can a layperson like myself, nigh competitive, ever hope to lay my poorly visioned eyeballs on the storied Bargain Bin Bling?
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #95580 - This was a reply to message #95553
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday July 3, 2020 12:26 PM
Sure, now that there's a cool bling badge to go next to your name you're all of a sudden interested! Lol. Bargain Nin Bling?? Ha the BC is worth it's weight in recycled plastic! Whereas there are several birdie chains floating around there is only one sacred Traveling Birdie Chain. In order to get your name on the coveted Birdie Chain Battle and be eligible for the "Grand" Prize at the end of the year you have to go through the current holder.

Right now that honor belongs to Peter aka Deepsea14.
 Message #95585 - This was a reply to message #95580
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday July 4, 2020 11:21 AM
QUOTED  You Guys are nuts LOL. All for a cheapo Hecho en China Cubic Zirconia chotski LOL.

au contraire ringworld. A real metal chain and a stamped aluminum diamond encrusted medallion. I believe the diamonds are genuine but I'm not an gemologist. It's not the value that makes the BC a sacred piece of jewelry and GK lore. Just admit it ringworld you want it, but haven't figured a pathway to get it yet.

Despite no other GK'ers in the group I wore it proudly today on the first tee per BCB protocol. Had a couple chances on second and third holes inside 10 feet but didn't make the birdie putts.

There's only one way to get it. You have to earn it. $...
 Message #95594 - This was a reply to message #95585
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Saturday July 4, 2020 1:30 PM
Much like the Claret Jug, there is only 1 original Birdie Chain, all others are imposters.
 Message #95595 - This was a reply to message #95594
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday July 6, 2020 8:55 AM

will the real BC holder please stand up?

I'm not sitting or backing down. Are you making a challenge to unify the chains? lol

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Monday July 6, 2020 8:56 AM]]

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Monday July 6, 2020 8:57 AM]]
 Message #95617 - This was a reply to message #95595
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday July 6, 2020 9:03 AM
Shots Fired!!!!!!!!
 Message #95618 - This was a reply to message #95617

Listing 51 to 60 of 115 Replies

PAGES: 12 4 5 6 7 8

[ Community Page ]