Courses open and scores

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 22, 2020 1:07 PM
What will your mind set be now that courses are opening up. This was discussed a little in another forum, and I answered that every time I go I try to beat my best score for that course, I rarely do LOL. Now comes the dilemma because we are going to be playing with different rules, 1) no rakes in bunkers so local rule says free drop (most will be placed I am willing to bet), 2) pins to stay in all the time,(we always do so no adjustments), 3) more gimmies ( we always do but do you get carried away as how far is a gimmie? ,4) this is the big one, cups raised. My issue is #4, how many people are going to be trueful and say it is actually in or did it just touch it and it counts as in? You can't have it touch the side and count it in.
Or are your going to just go out and play and fun and don't care?
Are you going to posts these scores? Doesn't seems right to post especially if courses do the raise cup thing.
I guess for me I have to see what the course implements and if the raised cup thing is in play, I can't feel comfortable posting that score, just me. You?
 Message #94749
shadymg
RE: Courses open and scores

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rec Park 18

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 22, 2020 1:18 PM
i'm going to go out and just be so grateful that i'm out there playing, that i won't care at all. If it touches the raised cup, i'm counting it. After being longer than i ever thought i'd be without going to a course or range, i'm just going to be on cloud 9 the whole time. Score is the least of my concern (although will be an interesting case study if my swing/camera station at home will end up having helped or hurt my actual real ball situation lol)
 Message #94750 - This was a reply to message #94749
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday April 22, 2020 2:46 PM
Interesting topic. My first round with the raised cups was at Los Caballeros in AZ. I was truthful with my putting because I am trying to get below a 10 handicap so if slammed it off the cup at 10mph it wouldnt go in regardless. I only had 2 instances where that came into affect one from about 10 feet that was coming in hot and one from downtown that hit the lowside edge.

Are people going to count it during match play? Heck yes! Should they? That's for them to decided before the match.
 Message #94753 - This was a reply to message #94752
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 22, 2020 3:45 PM
QUOTED  Or are your going to just go out and play and fun and don't care?

Yes that is exactly what I am going to do. I don't care to keep a hdcp anymore. I don't care to keep a score anymore. Personal choice. I even quit the SCGA because it did not provide me any value. I can do any and all on GK (if I needed to). I just want to play golf, enjoy the day, enjoy the company of friends. And play as many rounds of golf I can, before I can't play anymore.
 Message #94757 - This was a reply to message #94749
mcantos

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bayonet

Wednesday April 22, 2020 5:34 PM
Amen brother....
 Message #94761 - This was a reply to message #94757
RDDenn

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Wednesday April 22, 2020 5:43 PM
I am going to count every stroke, with touching the cup maybe being a holed putt, have to see how it goes, and then add not playing in a month and no warm up to my litany of excuses.
 Message #94762 - This was a reply to message #94749

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]