Angeles National
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 11, 2020 9:42 AM
Trying to make tee time at A N and found that NO senior rates are available? They do not show on the website either? Tried calling got a pre recorded message asking that all contact be made by email?

Personally, I will be crossing this course off my list of plays, until they bring back Sr rates.
 Message #95335
Nickesquire
RE: Angeles National
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 11, 2020 10:33 AM
AN used to offer a mid day, mid week Sr. rate that was still somewhat pricey.

Concerning discounts, these may be a thing of the past short-term until the golf course industry stabilizes with COVID-19. I called around the week of my B-Day last month and about 75% of the courses previously offering B-Day discounts I inquired with had discontinued that practice.

Most years around my B-Day, I receive around a dozen e-mails from different courses I had signed up on their e-mail list for specials. This year, Green River was the only one that formally sent me an actual certificate to print and redeem. I was going to be in the Ventura County area and called all my old familiar courses and struck out with every one that used to offer a B-Day discount. River Ridge, Olivas, Buena and Elkins Ranch all said they were no longer being offered.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Thursday June 11, 2020 1:54 PM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #95336 - This was a reply to message #95335
aakes90278
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    friends
Favorite Golf Course:
    Riviera

Thursday June 11, 2020 10:50 AM
I also ran into this a about a week ago and emailed them. They replied right back that senior rates are not being offered at this time however they reduced the rate on their website for all to $88. Great deal for those that were paying the rack rate well over $100 but not so good for the seniors who were paying $65. Just gonna have to join you and wait until the senior rates return......love the course though.
 Message #95337 - This was a reply to message #95335
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Thursday June 11, 2020 11:19 AM
This would be a trend but also a case-by-case.

I recently played Simi Hills on a Thursday afternoon and got a senior discount when I remembered to ask.
 Message #95338 - This was a reply to message #95337
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 11, 2020 1:45 PM
QUOTED  I also ran into this a about a week ago and emailed them. They replied right back that senior rates are not being offered at this time however they reduced the rate on their website for all to $88.

I emailed as well and got no reply. So reason I wrote the post. I was hoping to see just what you stated. Yes I saw 88 all over the tee sheets but not interested in that price either. Thanks for the confirmation.

QUOTED  Concerning discounts, these may be a thing of the past short-term until the golf course industry stabilizes with COVID-19.

I think you are correct regarding the virus prices. Trying to make up lost revenue perhaps? Not a wise thing to do to savvy GK golfers. Notice that there have been no postings for AN in quite some time.
 Message #95343 - This was a reply to message #95337

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]