Idaho Golf Trip
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Idaho Golf Trip

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1
mpisarski01
Idaho Golf Trip
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 29, 2020 9:43 AM
My typical buddies trip is looking at Idaho for our buddies trip next year. I know the big two courses are Coure 'Alene and Circling raven. But I was wondering if anyone had a different recommendation anywhere in the state that would be good for our group.
 Message #96456
kg1791
RE: Idaho Golf Trip
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Troon North Monument

Tuesday September 29, 2020 1:52 PM
According to Golf Week magazine Whitetail, BanBury and Sun Valley are the other 3 top golf courses you can play in Idaho
 Message #96461 - This was a reply to message #96456
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 29, 2020 2:16 PM
Are you flying into Spokane? You can do a couple of things?

Play Indian Canyon upon arrival and minutes from the airport. Great course not to miss IMO. Drive over to Pullman and stay the night on the campus of Wash State in the Marriott 5 mins from the course (2 hour drive). Play Palouse Ridge the next morning. Beautiful course. You will not be disappointed. Drive up to Circling Raven and play that afternoon. Then drive into Coeur d Alene.

If you don't want to go to Pullman? Play Indian Canyon and drive over to C Raven. Easy 1 hour drive from Spokane. Then drive to C d A.

IMO the only good thing about the C d A resort course is the island green. I feel it is over priced for what you get (just my opinion OK). Still one to play for that one hole to say you played it. Two very good courses in C d A that are private but allow outside play. Avondale and Hayden Lake CC. They are minutes away from each other. Easy to play both in a single day.

Now if you have the time and I would highly suggest you make the time. Drive to Sandpoint and play The Idaho Club. Play it from the back tees (I dare you LOL). A gem and one that will stay on your golfing mind forever. It is really a one of a kind design on the land they put it on. Rated in my top 10.

And if you are lucky enough to have connections with a Pro and he/she is willing to do it for you and pull it off? There are two fantastic courses close to C d A. Gozzer Ranch (were Gretzky and D J hang out in the summer) and The Golf Club at Black Rock, which has the best par 3's I have ever played in my life (seriously).

The golf in this part of Idaho is really great. Hope this helps?
 Message #96462 - This was a reply to message #96456
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday September 29, 2020 2:38 PM
Thank you for the input. I dont have any official plans yet but we know that Idaho is the general area. My good friend lives in Boise but I have played the courses near there and they are mediocre at best. However When researching C Raven comes up at top. I know CDA is not the best course but the floating green is a bucket list. I do like the idea of heading into Montana as that was on my list for this year until Covid messed it up. We are def. Flying and it looks like spokane is going to be the airport to fly too.

I wish I had the hook ups for Gozzer and Black Rock but that is a 1 in a million long shot
 Message #96463 - This was a reply to message #96456
kurator62

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 29, 2020 7:31 PM
I 2nd Palouse Ridge and Circling Raven
 Message #96472 - This was a reply to message #96462
Circaflex