Hogan
Trophy Club in Texas

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday October 8, 2020 3:37 PM
Hello, would appreciate any feedback on the Trophy Club, outside of Dallas Texas. Thank you for any information anyone can provide. Stay healthy, drive safely, CGG...
 Message #96545
Krystal
RE: Trophy Club in Texas

Favorite Golfer:
    dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Royal County Down

Friday October 9, 2020 10:29 AM
Played the Trophy Club-DFW about 3 years ago in early spring. There are 2 courses. Hogan & Whitworth. If I remember correctly, the Hogan is Ben Hogan's only designed course & opened in 1975 (?). It has since been redesigned. Bermuda greens, bermuda fairways and fescue rough. Bermuda was just finishing fighting off the rye. Same with Whitworth.

Hogan tipped out @ 7300. Par 3's north of 200 yards. A couple short 4's requiring strategic tee shots and mostly driver long/mid irons into protected greens. Par 5's rewards a long drive & well struck approach shots. Greens were generous in size and not overly ungulated. I would consider it a shot maker's course consistent with Ben Hogan's style of play.

Whitworth tipped out @ 6900. Par 3's short of 200 yards. A few short 4's requiring strategic tee shots and mostly driver mid irons into protected greens. A couple reachable Par 5's rewards a well struck tee ball. Fairways were fairly generous. Greens were generous in size and not overly ungulated. I would consider it a playable course with ample amounts of risk/reward.

I felt my ball traveled well considering course isn't at altitude (600'). Texas drought might've had something to do with it. Or, maybe I was having a good week, lol. Scored better every time I played either of these courses. Course knowledge, coupled with your skill set, does help.

Enjoy
Krys

[[Edited by Krystal on Friday October 9, 2020 10:32 AM]]
 Message #96553 - This was a reply to message #96545
Hogan
RE: Trophy Club in Texas

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

Friday October 9, 2020 12:08 PM
Krystal, Thank you very much for all the info...stay healthy, drive safely, CGG...
 Message #96556 - This was a reply to message #96553

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]