rules question
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: rules question

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1
gary00
rules question
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    arrow wood

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday October 10, 2020 11:50 AM
Played Arrowood 10/5 and had an issue on #6 the short par 4 with the little lake fronting the green and penalty area behind green and all along end of fairway. My playing partner thinned his approach and entered the penalty area which has a red line painted the entire length of what is the penalty area. Also there are green top stakes(ESA) that are inside the red line in some areas about a foot or so and there is a sign that states no entry. My playing partner believes that since his ball was between the red line and the stake line he was able to play it without having to take a drop and a stroke. Of course I disagree, believing that the entire area is ESA. Let the conflict begin!!!
 Message #96583
Itslikeimsayin
RE: rules question
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Saturday October 10, 2020 12:00 PM
By the letter of the rule, I tend to agree with your playing partner. (Spirit of the rule might be a different story.) Ultimately sounds like poor markings by the course that should be corrected and/or more specific to avoid this in the future.
 Message #96584 - This was a reply to message #96583
Nickesquire
RE: rules question
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Saturday October 10, 2020 2:50 PM
What Mark said. Normally I would expect the stakes in that situation to be even with each other.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96585 - This was a reply to message #96584

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]