Oak Quarry
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Oak Quarry

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1
mpisarski01
Oak Quarry
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 30, 2020 11:55 AM
Just got an email today from Oak Quarry saying they are "Temporarily" rerouting the opening holes. You will now Tee off on hole 17 instead of the current one. This makes the finishing three holes (14) signature par 3, (15) drivable par 4 , (16) long par 5 with water finisher. I hope they end up keeping it this way because hole 18 is a terrible finisher and hole 1 is mediocre at best.

this routing was the principle architects vision when designing the course but somewhere down the line it was changed.
 Message #96779
sr129
RE: Oak Quarry
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    goose creek

Friday October 30, 2020 12:55 PM
I had heard this was the original design also. Really glad they did this hope they make it permanent
 Message #96782 - This was a reply to message #96779
sparky14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

Friday October 30, 2020 1:16 PM
That's a good change, but really makes the range in an odd place (between 2 and 3).

[[Edited by sparky14 on Friday October 30, 2020 1:17 PM]]
 Message #96783 - This was a reply to message #96779
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday October 30, 2020 2:39 PM
Said this years ago! The current first hole is not great, nor is the current closing hole, not for a course of this caliber. But if you put the first hole at 17, that's a great opener, and makes the awesome par 5 16th hole the finisher. Makes perfect sense! Do it OQ!
 Message #96784 - This was a reply to message #96783
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday October 30, 2020 3:32 PM
I think its a better layout for sure ... but that is some serious cart traffic chaos between carts going from hole 2 to 3 and carts now heading back down from the driving range to the new 1st tee box or to the clubhouse after practicing. With Pace of Play at times already an issue at Oak Quarry this will likely add extra time to the round. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I hope it works.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96785 - This was a reply to message #96779
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Monday November 2, 2020 8:28 AM
QUOTED  I had heard this was the original design also. Really glad they did this hope they make it permanent

I have to agree, Steve. I think that this is the best possible way to route the course and makes for a much better finish with that par 5 hole.
 Message #96804 - This was a reply to message #96779
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Monday November 2, 2020 9:27 AM
Purely from a golf standpoint, thumbs up on this change.

But have to agree with other comments, logistically, it makes for some strange locations to start, stop or warm up based on where the clubhouse/check-in is located.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96807 - This was a reply to message #96804
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday November 2, 2020 4:47 PM
Many courses where you have to drive a mile or take a shuttle to practice facilities. This realignment at OQ is truly minor.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #96810 - This was a reply to message #96807

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]