GK Cup 17 Match Results/Standings
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 17 Match Results/Standings

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 112 Replies

PAGES: 12 1 2 3 4 5
Nickesquire
GK Cup 17 Match Results/Standings
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday March 28, 2021 11:02 AM
Reporting responsibility is on the winner of the match unless otherwise agreed. On your match report, please clearly show:

1-How the the front 9 point was won/tied.
2-How the the back 9 point was won/tied.
3-How the the overall match point was won/tied.

Anything else you feel pertinent about the match you would like to share. And as always, have a good time!

Rank * W-L Pts * Net Pts * MP * OMW * Player
-- 1 ---- 19.0-05.0 Net +14 --- 8 ----- 7 --- Nickesquire
-- 2 ---- 17.0-07.0 Net +10 --- 8 ----- 5 --- roarksown1
-- 3 ---- 15.0-03.0 Net +12 --- 6 ----- 5 --- JohnnyGK
-- 4 *** 14.5-09.5 Net +5 ---- 8 ----- 5 --- Itslikeimsayin

*** Tie breaker on head to head to head match results with 3 tied parties (Mark beat Matt, +2 net points. Mark/Gary did not play, 0 net points. Matt/Gary tied, 0 net points. Mark @ +2 net points among the tied 3some earns #4 seed)

-- 5 *** 14.5-09.5 Net +5 ----- 8 ----- 4 --- gary00
-- 5 *** 14.5-09.5 Net +5 ----- 8 ----- 4 --- Mpisarski01
-- 7 ---- 12.0-12.0 Net +0 ----- 8 ----- 4 --- t8fish
-- 8 ---- 11.5-12.5 Net -1 ----- 8 ----- 3 ---- FirstFlightFX-101
-- 9 ---- 09.5-11.5 Net -2 ----- 7 ----- 3 ---- PokerGuy0826
- 10 ---- 08.5-15.5 Net -7 ----- 8 ----- 3 ---- Dconnally
- 11 ---- 08.0-07.0 Net +1 ---- 5 ----- 2 ---- AndrewZ28
- 12 ---- 08.0-13.0 Net -5 ----- 7 ----- 2 ---- kviser
- 13 ---- 07.0-08.0 Net -1 ----- 5 ----- 2 ---- sbarajasjr
- 14 ---- 04.5-07.5 Net -3 ----- 4 ----- 2 ---- lotrgolfer48
- 15 ---- 03.5-08.5 Net -5 ----- 4 ----- 1 ---- Atreitman
- 16 ---- 02.5-03.5 Net -1 ----- 2 ----- 1 ---- Sbogey
- 17 ---- 02.5-06.5 Net -4 ----- 3 ----- 1 ---- sandrail05
- 18 ---- 01.0-08.0 Net -7 ----- 3 ----- 0 ---- tocho261
- 19 ---- 00.5-05.5 Net -5 ----- 2 ----- 0 ---- Circaflex
- 20 ---- 00.5-11.5 Net -11 ---- 4 ----- 0 ---- mcantos

KEY:
W/L Pts = Total match points won and lost.
Net Pts = +/- total points.
MP = Matches played.
OMW = Overall Matches Won, need 2 or more points in a match to earn a tie breaking point here.

GK Cup 17 Semi-finals:
John defeated Robert 2 up @ Saticoy C.C. on 9/15.
Mark defeated Nick 3 & 2 @ Marine Memorial on 9/25.

GK Cup 17 Finals:
John v. Mark scheduled for 10/17 @ Oak Quarry.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Thursday October 14, 2021 9:44 PM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98340
mpisarski01
RE: GK Cup 17 Match Results/Standings
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Sunday April 4, 2021 7:32 PM
Mpisarski01 over Lotrgolfer 3up front 2 up back 5 up overall for the win today at Barona Creek. Details to come later.
 Message #98438 - This was a reply to message #98340
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Monday April 5, 2021 9:41 AM
Here is a breakdown of how the match between LOTRGOLFER48 and I went down.
Barona Creek Golf Club 12:10 80º 5-10mph winds
Gold Tee Handicaps- LOTR .6 handicap (CH1) Mpisarski 12 handicap (CH14) so MP getting 13 indicated below by *

Hole 1*- MP pull hooks drive into left rough followed by a topped layup. LOTR right down Broadway. Both manage to get to GIR but a 3 put by mp halves the hole 6-5-
Even

Hole 2- Both players smash drives down the middle. LOTR hits the green but has about 15-20 on glass greens. MP sticks it to 3 feet some how and makes birdie. LOTR 2 putts for par.
MP1up

Hole 3*- The worst par three on the planet because its impossible to hold the green. MP hits center of the green and the ball rolls off the right edge LOTR hits center of green and rolls of the back. I putt from off the green leaving the ball 2 inches for and easy par. LOTR flubs his chip and makes bogey
MP2up

Hole 4*- I go exploring in the deep rough/brush/dirt¯\_(?)_/¯ after finding the tee shot i hook a 7 back into deeper rough and lose the ball. LOTR stays safe and wins the hole 4 to 6
MP1up

Hole 5* MP hit green in reg with a 2 putt par LOTR misses gir and 2 putt bogey
MP2up

Hole 6* Both players make the green in reg and par with 2 putts but mp wins with a stroke.
MP3up

Hole 7 LOTR misses green but makes a good chip for tap in par. MP hits green and has 20' but decided to 3 putt when my second putt was a 2 footer with 3 feet of break
MP2up

Hole 8* MP hits the trap on his drive LOTR shorter in the fairway miss hits his approach. MP trying to just get out of the trap and land 10-20 yards short of the green crushed it on the green only to roll just onto the fringe. LOTR with a 3 putt and MP with a 2 putt to win 5 to 6
MP3up -

Hole 9* LOTR makes a great birdie only to be spoiled by a par net bird by MP
MP3up

FRONT Nine goes to Mpisarski01 3&1

Wind is now picking up
Hole 10* both players make bogey after missing the green and 2 putting.
MP1up
MP4up

Hole 11* once again both players make a bogey with mps being the 3 putt variety.
MP2up
MP5up

Hole 12 MP tries to take the short cut but starts too far right and cant carry 350 yards of brush even with the wind haha. LOTR hits a spectacular shot into the green. MP decides to give him the hole because I would've had to drop back near the tee 230 yards away and didnt like his chances getting up and down from there.
MP1up
MP4up

Hole 13*- LOTR finds some deep rough but manages to get a good club on it for the layup. MP finds fairway and crushes a 4 iron from 210 only to bounce off rough and disappear into fescue never to be seen again. MP drops and almost holes the chip to make a par. LOTR also makes par but mp has a stroke.
MP2up
MP5up

Hole 14 A sometimes drivable par 4 315yards down wind. Both Matts drive into the greenside bunker. I barley get out and LOTR goes full Saddam and goes bunker to bunker. Both get on and make bogey for a halve.
MP2up
MP5up- wins overall 5&4

Hole 15*- I top my drive and go OB. Re-tee and hit fairway. LOTR is safe and sticks an approach close to make par. MP a 6
MP1up

Hole 16- another dumb green LOTR hits 15 feet short of pin only to roll off. I chunk my tee shot into front bunker. I become a gravedigger and cant get out of the same bunker to make a 5 to LOTR's 3
EVEN

Hole 17* (better lucky than good) I over draw my drive over the boundry fence for what looks like OB. I retee and hit fairway as does LOTR on his frist shot. We are driving down and I see my first shot right next to the fence somehow in play with a 3/4 swing available. I layup. LOTR hits a hybrid that he loses left but should be playable but after all 4 of us search we can find it. I hit gir and 2 putt par. LOTR makes a 7.
MP1up

Hole 18* LOTR goes right and misses approach. I just miss the front of the green. MP makes par LOTR makes 6
MP 2up

BACK Nine goes to MP 2UP

Overall Goes to MP 5&4

Playing with the 4 time GK cup champ is always scary and today I was a bit nervous playing him at a course I dont putt well at. Unfortunately Lotrgolfer48 wasnt on his game today shooting an 82 to my 87 but it was still a blast. Also joining us was Rat-Patrol and Gregholla which made for a great afternoon in warm weather which is a nice change to the last few round that were in the 50's here.
 Message #98441 - This was a reply to message #98438
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday April 5, 2021 10:20 AM
Congrats to Big Matt.

I hope this "emojis in the review" thing isn't a trend!
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #98442 - This was a reply to message #98441
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jordan Spieth
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Wednesday April 7, 2021 8:51 PM
Matt fully deserved that win and the final score even feels closer than it should have been. He played pretty steady all day outside a couple wayward rives while I was mostly trying to figure out what golf is.
 Message #98465 - This was a reply to message #98441
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Monday April 12, 2021 10:42 PM
sbarajasjr (S) v. Nickesquire (N) @ Sedona Golf Resort (4/12/21)

Thanks to Sal for coordinating and setting up. Awesome scenery and the course is both fun and challenging. Nick was getting 3 strokes.

Hole 1: Short uphill par 4. S bombs drive, N in left rough. Both have some kind of wedge approach shot, N misses green short, S GIR. S quickly makes N attempting to grind for a par inconsequential by dropping a 15' birdie putt. Sal 1 up

Hole 2: Downhill par 3. S yanks tee shot well left into lake, N GIR and routine 2 putt par. AS

Hole 3: Short par 5 bending right off a very elevated tee. Both drove it long over the right fairway bunker to set up short iron approaches. N sorry 8I approach misses green, S (probably a wedge?) approach initially close but his ball takes a slope and ends up about 35'. N chips on to 8', S's eagle attempt up the hill about 6' short. In a sign of things to come, both miss makeable birdie putts and stomp to the next tee with routine pars that felt like bogeys after where our drives were. AS

Hole 4: Straight par 4. Both miss the fairway and the green and chip on for par attempts. This continued the if you can miss a putt, I can miss a shorter putt theme of the round. S managed to 2 putt for bogey, which beat the 3 putt double of N. Sal 1 up

Hole 5: Stroke hole, long uphill par 5. First hole the very deep rough came into play. N mediocre drive and 4I that both caught the rough were barely past S's monster drive, so we were basically playing up the hill even from that point on. S beat N in the hole by 1, but the stroke made it a push. Sal 1 up

Hole 6: Both hit decent drives on a straight par 4. S GIR, N misses green left. N chunks a chip, then chips on to 5'. S got a bad break when his iron rolled all the way to the back of the green, leaving about a 90' putt with probably 15' of break over a crest that he masterfully got inside 10'. S missed his par putt and Nick made the 5' putt to stay in the match. Sal 1 up

Hole 7: Medium length par 3. Both miss the green pin high, S in trap left, N in rough right. Both hit decent chips within makeable putt range, both miss their pars. Sal 1 up

Hole 8: Stroke hole, long par 4. Both miss the fairway left. Both hit decent shots from over 200, S in greenside trap, N in greenside rough. Both hit decent chips. S below the hole and a good 2 putt up the hill for bogey. N had what we both thought was a slick 15' downhill par putt. Left 2 putts in a row short, no way I leave that putt short twice if I'm trying. Stroke keeps the hole a halve. Sal 1 up

Hole 9: Uphill Par 5. Neither hit the fairway and S has some rough and trap challenges. N works up the fairway and even after flying a back pin on his approach makes bogey. AS, front point halved.

Appropriate the front 9 point was halved, because we were in agreement that neither player deserved to win a point. We both basically gave the other a hole and halved other holes we could have won by missing makeable putts.

Hole 10: Signature downhill par 3 with the red mountain as your backdrop. N yanks his tee shot well left, S in the greenside bunker. N provisional good shot to 20' on the fringe, which turned out to be in play after the first tee shot was found in an awesome houses rock garden. S takes 2 to get out of the trap, then 3 putts from distance after his sand shot took a slope and rolled farther and farther from the hole. N 2 putts from the fringe to win the hole. Nick 1 up

Hole 11: Tight, downhill par 4. Both players hit long, good drives, N GIR, S just on the back fringe. S up/down par, N 2 putt par. Nick 1 up

Hole 12: Dogleg left par 5. Both hit good drives. S 2nd hits a tree and caroms off into the red stakes area, then after a drop he has to pitch out sideways because of trees. Hole basically over as N in play with GIR and routine par. Nick 2 up

Hole 13: Both hit good drives in the par 4 fairway. Sal GIR and 2 putt par, N misses green and after a crappy chip does not come close to getting up/down. Nick 1 up

Hole 14: Medium length Par 3. S just long, N surveyed the red staked area for multiple shots and arrives on the green 2 shots too late. AS

Hole 15: Stroke hole, par 4 that the fairway slopes left toward a hazard. S drive finds the penalty area. N puts Driver back in bag and lays back with an iron off the tee. Playing conservatively with basically a 2 shot advantage, N almost gave away the hole even with a stroke. S stuck an iron approach and barely missed his putt to tie the hole. Nick 1 up

Hole 16: Both drive in left rough on a long, straight par 4 with a lake on the right. Both advance it but still in left rough. S misses green with pitch, then chips on. N pitches onto green but rolls to the back. Poor lag putts from both players. Poor 2nd putts from both players, both finally in the hole with 3 putts. Nick 2 up, Dormie

Hole 17: Shorter, elevated par 3 with water on 3 sides. N in back bunker, S in lake, then on the back fringe in 3. S makes 5. With multiple putts to close out the match N finally makes a 12' putt when it's not really needed for a sandie. Nick wins the overall match and the back 3&1

Nick wins the back 9 and overall point.

Hole 18: No longer mattered, but we both drove it within about 50 yards of the green on the short downhill risk/reward par 4 finishing hole. Did either of us make our birdies with 1/2 wedges into the green? That would be a nooooo...

Sal is one of my favorite GKers to golf with. If you cannot have fun with Sal, then the problem lies with you. Not great ball striking by either player, but not terrible either. Sal did bust quite a few drives that were long and in fairways. Sal can spank his SIM 2 Driver, his low piercing ball flight with 12-15 yards of draw plays well on lush fairways. Ball really flies @ 4,000' elevation in 80 degree temps, we both had challenges with distance control on approaches. Competitive match, we both were usually in play from tee to green and the hole was often decided by who screwed up less once on the green. It was you take this hole, no, I don't want it, you take it. Sal had 37 putts, Nick had 36 putts. Would have been better had either of us brought our "A" putting games. But we still had fun on a beautiful course in spite of the horror show that was our putting performances. This was a match either player could have won decisively with a hot putter or even by just avoiding all the 3 putts.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Sunday May 9, 2021 7:13 AM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98526 - This was a reply to message #98465
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday April 21, 2021 7:51 PM
Sbogey (S) v. Nickesquire (N) @ Eagle Falls (4/21/21)

Steve had to make the trip down for an all day pet appointment, so in between drop off and pick up we scheduled a match. Thanks to Steve for setting up on an excellent golf course. We played the Hawk tees and Steve was getting 7 strokes.

It was fairly calm when I left my home 20 miles from Eagle Falls. By the time I arrived at the course, it was one of those days you know why they have the wind mills beside the freeway entering Palm Springs. Consistent 2-3 club wind the entire round. Internet said 20-25 mph, it often seemed stronger. Steve's first comment on the driving range was "We can cancel the match today if you want to", it was that severe. Should we have canceled? Possibly. Did we cancel? Neither is smart enough for that with a tee time made and a nice course close by.

Hole 1: Short downhill par 4. S drive in play, then approach just left of green. N drives through the fairway into a trap, then just short of the green. N hits a better chip and gets in with bogey, S chip on green but 3 putts from distance. Nick 1 up

Hole 2: Stroke hole, par 4 that is basically over as soon as N's drive got caught in a 25 mph sidewind and crossed the next fairway last seen entering 3' tall bushes. With both a stroke and his opponent incurring a penalty shot, S played smart with basically a 2 shot advantage and still won the hole even though 3 putting. AS

Hole 3: Medium length par 4. S drive in the fairway then a beautiful approach that he stuck within 5'. N in left rough and then short of green. Pitch right by the pin that rolls 15' by and missed the comebacker. S missed the short birdie attempt for a tap in par. Steve 1 up

Hole 4: Stroke hole, Par 5. S drive in play, N drive longer but in the right penalty area. Familiar theme, giving a stroke and make it two by incurring a penalty? Steve plays up to just past where N's drive was, and they play up to the hole together and both 2 putt, both missing putts that could have won either the hole. Stroke comes into play as it breaks the tie. Steve 2 up

Hole 5: Medium length par 4 playing into a stiff L/R wind. Both actually find the fairway. S longer approach shot well hit but finds the front trap. N iron on the green... for awhile, but with the wind it also ends up in the trap. S okay sand shot to 20', N very good sand shot to 4'. S 2 putts, N 1 putts. Steve 1 up

Hole 6: Short par 3. S GIR within 10', N misses green just right on the fringe. N putts up within makeable range, S barely misses his birdie putt, hole halved with pars. Steve 1 up

Hole 7: Stroke hole, par 5. Both good drives in play. S 2nd shot nice layup, then wedge GIR. N goes for green with a long iron but comes up short in waster bunker. Good chip out of waster bunker much closer GIR than S. S 3 putts from distance, N misses makeable birdie but makes par. Hole halved with stroke. Steve 1 up

Hole 8: Long par 4. Both in fairway, N laid back farther with an iron off the tee. Had played here a few times before but forgot there was a hazard just short of the green you can not see from where we were in the fairway and played the wrong shot. Hit what I thought was an okay long iron trying to keep it low and run it up just in front of the green that was gone in the hazard. S returned the favor by getting a hybrid up into the strong sidewind that found the penalty area left after it blew probably 30 yards sideways in the wind. Both pitched on and 2 putted. Stroke comes into play to break the tie. Steve secures the front 9 point 2&1

Hole 9: Long par 3. We compared notes after we hit and both were playing it as a 3 club wind directly in our faces. Both hit good shots, S on the back of the green, N just longer on the back fringe. Both had big breaking, slick downhill putts. N putted within 5', S a little farther away. S missed his par putt, N made his. Steve 1 up

Hole 10: Longer par 4. Both miss the fairway right. With tree issues, S pitches it back in play, N goes much more aggressively toward the green over trees. N much closer, both pitch onto the green. S 3 putts from distance, N 2 putts to win the hole. Nick 1 up on back, AS on match

Hole 11: Short, risk/reward par 4 playing straight downwind. S perfect drive just right of the green and pitches on for GIR. N tried to play smart with a long iron where S went, but the player could not execute the plan and pulled it left right on line with the pin. Did not hit enough club to make it on that line, so not able to play from waster bunker and drop in the drop zone. Pitch on, 2 putt bogey with penalty, S routine 2 putt par w/o penalty. AS on the back, Steve 1 up on match

Hole 12: Stroke hole, long par 4. S drives in trouble and takes penalty, N drive in play. Play up to green together, N 2 putts, I think S would agree that he 3 putted to lose the hole. Nick 1 up on back, AS on match

Hole 13: Stroke hole, Par 4 over lake. N long iron in fairway, S drive just in right rough. N played too far left and the cross wind did not bring it back enough beside greenside bunker. S played the cross wind perfectly for a GIR. S routine 2 putt par as N cannot get up/down. AS on the back, Steve 1 up on match

Hole 14: Par 4. S in fairway, N misses fairway. both miss green. Both hit crappy chips, neither comes close to making par. AS on the back, Steve 1 up on match

Hole 15: Short risk/reward par 4 playing in a strong cross wind. S in fairway, N long iron misses fairway left. N wedge on green. S wedge just short. S gets it up/down, N routine 2 putt par. AS on the back, Steve 1 up on match

Hole 16: Par 3 playing into a 2-3 club wind with a hazard in front. S good shot at the green, just short, catches the slope and rolls back into the hazard. N catches one a little fat, and it also finds the hazard. Both pitch over the hazard. S good pitch to 15', N too long just over the green. N does not get it up/down from there, S 2 putts. Steve 1 up on back, Steve Dormie on match

Hole 17: Par 4. Both drive in fairway, N much longer. S hybrid into in greenside trap, N wedge GIR. S nice sand shot, N makes birdie putt. S burned the edge on his par putt that could have halved the hole and won the match if my birdie putt had not went in. AS on back, Steve Dormie on match

Hole 18: Stroke hole, Par 5 mostly down wind with a slight cross wind. N best drive of the day long and in fairway. S drives in penalty area. After drop, S plays down fairway and is just short of the green in 4. N trying to play a safe GW well right of the pin instead yanks it right at the pin with water closeby on 3 sides. Ball lands on green but rolls over into grass bunker. With water barely in front of the pin and the green rolling away, N elects the "safe" shot, putting up the slope. Poorly executed to the top of the hill. then putts again well short of the hole. S chips well past hole. With up to 1.5 points on the line, both hit nice putts to potentially win the hole from inside 20' that barely miss. Stroke halves the hole. AS on back, Steve wins match 1 up

Back point split, Steve wins the overall point. Steve 2.5 points, Nick 0.5 points

Steve and I drew a great guy as our 3rd in Bob and we had a very fun time today. Very competitive and fun match where Steve kept it lower and in play better and made his strokes count. The wind was EXTREMELY challenging, especially when trying to putt. We both had given up on trying to wear a hat by the 3rd hole after they were blown off multiple times. Sheer guesswork on how far L/R to aim on the cross wind holes and how many clubs to change your club selection on the with/against wind holes. Steve hit mostly straight shots in play, Nick had a poor driving day until finally finding the groove the last few holes. Both had plenty of opportunities to win holes they did not. Eagle Falls was in excellent shape and except for the wind, think we both really enjoyed the round.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Sunday May 9, 2021 7:19 AM]]
 Message #98642 - This was a reply to message #98526
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday April 21, 2021 9:49 PM
I was so excited at the chance to play Eagle Falls it never occurred to see if I could get a match. A big thanks to Nick for joining me. The weather report on Sunday said a high of 89 and winds around 10 to 15. This morning it said 15 to 20. My first indication was when I got close to Indio I saw what looked like fog up ahead. Then I hit a wave of sand across the freeway. As windy as it was it wasn't unplayable, just unpleasant. As he mentioned Bob was a joy to have along and over all it was a fun day. My face is wind burned and there was a couple times I almost got blown over but the course makes even those trials and tribulations well worth it!
If it wasn't for Nick's early struggles off the tee it could have been a one sided match. When he got dialed in he was driving the ball 80 yards farther than I was. I kept leaving putts short and took a while to find the pace. I was pleased with the improvements in my game but still have a ways to go.
 Message #98651 - This was a reply to message #98642
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Saturday April 24, 2021 6:33 PM
Mpisarski01 over circaflex

2&1 front
4&3 back
6&5 over all

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Monday April 26, 2021 1:45 PM]]
 Message #98695 - This was a reply to message #98340
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Saturday April 24, 2021 8:06 PM
Nickesquire v. Kviser @ Desert Willow (Firecliff) (4/24/21)

Nick played the Purple tees, Kevin played the combo tees and the match was played even w/o strokes.

Rather than a hole by hole recap, let's just say that Kevin did not play as well as usual and Nick played better than average.

Nick won the front +6 and the overall point 7&6. After the overall match was decided, Kevin played the better golf down the stretch and won the back 1 up.

Nick 2 points, Kevin 1 point.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Sunday May 9, 2021 6:56 AM]]
 Message #98696 - This was a reply to message #98695

Listing 1 to 10 of 112 Replies

PAGES: 12 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]