NCGK Cup 1
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: NCGK Cup 1

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 31 to 40 of 61 Replies

PAGES: 7 2 3 4 5 6
Deepsea14
RE: NCGK Cup 1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 11, 2021 8:58 AM
Morning match Ds14 vs dblev Playing even.
1st Deepsea (DS) won the hole with a good recovery shot from a sprayed drive. dblev (DB) had trouble in the right front bunker.
3rd DS bogey 2Up
6th DS 3Up lead only par of the round on the par 4 6th. DS made long putt for par to cap DB long putt he made from fringe for bogey.
7th DB par win DS doubles 2Up
8th DB bogey wins hole DS 1up
9th halfed DS wins front one up

Back 9 DB comes out swinging bogey, par, par goes 3 up after 3 and 2 up in the overall. DS three unremarkable double bogeys.
DS takes holes 13 and 14 with bogeys to even the overall and one hole down back nine.
Ugly hole 15 won by DS by default. Back 9 all square.
16th DB wins with a bogey
17th DS wins with a double bogey Back 9 all square Overall Deepsea 1up onto Par 5 18th
Finishing hole DS drives right has opening for hybrid hits well just avoiding fairway bunker. Wedge near front chip on two putt.
Secures bogey to win hole.

Box score
Deepsea 1up front
Deepsea 1up back
2up overall

The holes were won by a par or bogey in this match until I survived the 15th and my double on 17 after DB drives found the water. Fortunate to get by with the slim margins for 3 points.

Afternoon match I can add some color to what Alex has posted as the 3 point winner.
Receiving plenty of strokes didn't matter. It wasn't enough.
Alex got his game back on track right away two pars a bogey and a par had me 3 down after 4 holes.
His one poor hole the 7th I was worse. Alex was 3up two to go on front. I pared short 8th hole for my only win on front. He made a great birdie stinging a 4 iron and draining the putt on 9th.
Unremarkable play on the back 9 kept me in it digging for the point. Made par on 13th from the wrong side of the entry road to the club. Won 14 with a bogey to go one up on back 9. But foul ball into lateral hazard on 17th with the balky driver sealed the deal.

Final: Alex 3&2 front / Alex 2 up back / Alex 3&2 overall 3 points to Alex326
 Message #99204 - This was a reply to message #99199
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday August 1, 2021 8:22 PM
alex326 over Blevs606 in a match played today at Spanish Bay

Alex used home field advantage to secure all 3 points

Details to follow later
 Message #99573 - This was a reply to message #98388
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday August 2, 2021 5:31 PM
The match between Alex326 and Dblevs606 took place Sunday at Spanish Bay. Weather was gorgeous in the mid to high 60’s with a light one club max wind. Darren was getting 5 strokes on the match.

Both players started off the opening par 5 hole with strong drives in the fairway. Darren did a better job with his wedge on the third shot and ended up winning the hole with a bogey to go one up.

Both players made bogey on the second hole and then Alex made back to back pars on hole 3-4 to take a 1 up lead. Darren got a stroke on hole 5 and it came into play to halve the whole with a net bogey and Alex 3 putted from waaaay downtown for bogey.

Holes 6 & 7 where won by default, one by Alex and one by Darren. Hole 7 once again got the best of me. Arrrggghh

Alex made a nice sandy par on the awesome par 3 8th hole to secure the full point for the front nine 2&1 and then won the 9th to close out the front 3up

Both players again had strong drives on the par 5 10th hole with Darren being a little further back. He played it safe going right of the fairway bunkers that split the fairway. Alex went for the green in 2 and was just off the back of the green. Darren hit a great wedge shot to the middle of the green while Alex chipped to about 6’ from the hole… but missed the birdie putt so the hole was halved.

A string of pars of pars over the next three holes had Alex 3 up on the back nine and 6 up overall.

Darren got a stroke on the 14th for a net par to easily take the hole to Alex’s double bogey after hitting his approach shot into the hazard.

15 was playing into the wind and tough. Though my par putt lipped out the bogey was enough to secure the hole and the overall 6&5. The back nine had yet to be decided.

The 16th Par 3 was playing down playing 154 yards with the pin tucked back right with a left to right cross wind. Darren wasn’t backing down and took on the difficult pin location but ended up in the bunker. Alex played it to the left side of the green but was on the wrong side of the ridge. A 3 putt by Alex was enough to win the hole and the final point for the back nine, as Darren missed the 3-4’ bogey putt.

In the end I was able to use course knowledge for the better misses, played decently with 8 GIR and 8 Pars (2 – 3 putt bogeys & 2 – scramble pars) and Darren’s game was off a bit and at Spanish Bay there is no room for error.
 Message #99580 - This was a reply to message #99573
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Monday August 9, 2021 12:25 PM
JohnnyGK v. Nickesquire 8/8/21 @ Ridge Creek Dinuba.

Nick was getting 1 shot on hole #2.

Hole 1: John pounds a 2I off the tee and is on in GIR. Nick drive left in the junk, iron back in play, W short but gets it up/down with about a 10' par save. John halves the hole with about a 5' par putt. AS

Hole 2: * Stroke hole. Both drive in the fairway, Nick much longer with a Driver while John used his 2I. John mediocre approach short/left, Nick 4I over the green in the back bunker on the long, into the wind #1 handicap hole. John great chip to 4', Nick decent sand shot to 12'. Nick left his par putt to potentially win the hole short. John made his, stroke halved the hole. AS

Hole 3: Both around the green, Nick just short online, John just long online. Nick got it up/down from the front fringe uphill, John did not from the back fringe downhill. Nick +1

Holes 4-7 were all halved with solid pars or reasonable bogeies with mostly solid golf by both parties. Nick +1

Hole 8: John nice fairway/GIR par while Nick scrambles for bogey. AS

Hole 9: Both in the left rough off the tee but Nick up next to the deep crap with a sticker bush impacting stance/swing. Nick takes 2 to get it back into play and John's bogey beats Nick's double. John wins the front 1 up. About what you would expect with 1 shot given and 40-42 medal scores.

Hole 10: Nick's luck on finding and being able to scramble out of the deep stuff ended with a lost ball triple as John made a nice up/down par. John +1 on the back, +2 overall.

Hole 11: Par 5 halved into the wind with bogeys after both missed the fairway of fthe tee. John +1 on the back, +2 overall.

Hole 12: Nick left rough, GIR, 2 putt par. John normal 2I in fairway. Approach on the false front that rolls back 10 yards into a swale and cannot get it up/down for a bogey. AS on the back, John +1 overall.

Hole 13: John solid GIR par after barely missing his 2 on the par 3. Nick into a greenside bunker and missed the 10' sandie attempt for a bogey. John +1 on the back, +2 overall.

At this point John was +6 after 13 and grinding to break 80. We both tried to stay hydrated in the muggy conditions. John had nine 2 putts and four 1 putts to this point and had only a couple of loose swings through 13 holes. 7 pars, 6 bogeys when it's near 100 and breezy after a 3+ hour ride there = not bad. Have to think the heat played a factor over the final 5 holes. He had numerous poor shots and three putted nearly every hole coming in. Nick's mostly unspectactular play still won the final 5 holes.

Nick won the back and the overall for 2 points. John won the front for 1 point.

Fun match. John and I had never before played in a match play setting.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #99677 - This was a reply to message #99580
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Friday August 13, 2021 7:45 PM
Mpisarski01 vs JohnnyGK today at Laughlin Ranch in bullhead AZ.

Mpisarski01 wins front 4&3
Mpisarski01 wins back 2up
Mpisarski01 overall 6&5

Johnny’s 3 snowmen and 5 lost balls was the culprit. I hit smooth swinging bombs all day and only lost one ball.
 Message #99728 - This was a reply to message #98388
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday August 13, 2021 9:27 PM
Umm is that a NCGA course?
 Message #99729 - This was a reply to message #99728
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Friday August 13, 2021 11:40 PM
Is it stated that we have to play up north?
 Message #99733 - This was a reply to message #98388
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday August 14, 2021 8:05 AM
Yes in order for the match to count the match has to be played on a course that is part of NCGA. Sorry. what we didn't want was a bunch of So Cal players playing in So Cal and saying it was for NCGK. That defeats the purpose and goal of NCGK. Ridge creek is part of NCGA so that's why the match between Nick and JGK counted. If the match had been played in Oregon or Reno it would be different

It's why Peter and Johnny couldn't play a match at Valencia CC
 Message #99734 - This was a reply to message #99733
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday August 14, 2021 9:43 AM
NorCal OOB = AZ

QUOTED  Is it stated that we have to play up north?
 Message #99735 - This was a reply to message #99734
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Saturday August 14, 2021 12:32 PM
QUOTED  Is it stated that we have to play up north?

Like Matt/John, I also missed that there was a specific geographic area the matches needed to be played in? If not stated, I would think Matt with those 3 points should now be tied for 3rd?

But if anyone wants to play, there are plenty of courses like Yocha Dehe or numerous courses in Monterrey that I have never played and would be up for a day trip to experience in a match(es). Or just to play, I don't care either way.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #99736 - This was a reply to message #99733

Listing 31 to 40 of 61 Replies

PAGES: 7 2 3 4 5 6

[ Community Page ]