YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: NCGK Cup 1

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 50 of 61 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7
michaelko
RE: NCGK Cup 1
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers NorCal GK Cup: NorCal GK Cup 1

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday August 14, 2021 3:34 PM
my .02

1. i don't remember that rule, but i get that rule
2. at least they didn't play in so cal
3. in the interest of moving this thing along, I would be ok with that match counting, with the future stipulation of having to play a ncga course
4. i'm down for a yocha dehe day. but i did hit my 3 match max... if the committee would allow, I could play just as a dummy, so that a competitor gets a match in... if they want to get shut out by me that is........................ again, in the interest of moving this thing along.
 Message #99742 - This was a reply to message #99736
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Saturday August 14, 2021 4:22 PM
I am just pulling your leg. It was a last minuet goofy idea between Johnny and I. I am 10% ok with not having to travel up norht next month.

However I did plan on visiting there more this summer to sneak in matches

Play well my friends.
 Message #99744 - This was a reply to message #99734
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday August 17, 2021 9:17 PM
DeepSea14 squared off against Alex326 at Poppy Hills with an 8:30 AM tee time in the dense fog. 3 points were available to Peter (DeepsSea14) and 0 available for Alex as he had already played all three matches. A back up plan to play the Hay down the road was already set for a tie breaker, if Peter were to secure all three points. Alex was spotting Peter 10 strokes (5 aside).

Before I give the what happened, I’m going to mention the handicap system. When applied correctly it absolutely works. In about half of my GK matches, the contest has been a nail biter with a handful coming down to the last putt. I’ve had a match with 9 lead changes (yesterday there were 5). I’ve always said for stroke play tournaments, I’m not a big fan of the handicap system, but for match play it is a great way to get various abilities onto the course in a “even” match up.

For yesterday’s match, Peter won 3 holes using the stroke, tied/halved twice, won 2 holes w/out the stroke, lost 2 even with a stroke and one I can’t remember.

With that a quick summary of yesterday’s match.

Things started off with a stroke hole. Both found the fairway, Alex on the green for a two putt par. Peter wedged on for his third and also two putted to push the hole with his stroke.
AS. Peter won two out the next three holes to go 2 up after four holes. A combination of some bad holes by Peter and solid play by Alex saw Alex winning the next 4 holes as he went 2 over during that stretch. A win on the 8th also secured the front nine for Alex 2&1. Peter – 0 points. The 9th hole was a common theme. Alex on the green in regulation with a great(ish) shot…. But it peaked at the hole and tricked down 45’ away! Peter missed the green but chipped on and two putt for bogey while Alex 3 putted for bogey and Peter won the hole with his stroke. Final front nine score Alex326 1 up.

Both players hit a wayward drive on the 10th. Difference was Peter caught the hill and rolled back into the fairway, while Alex bounced into the woods. Peter made par on Alex’ favorite hole to easily take the hole (he didn’t even need the stroke) and not only go 1 up on the back but even out the match for the overall.

With the match AS the gloves came off for the next 7 holes. The next seven holes went, Halved, DS14, A326, DS14, Halved, Halved, A326.

Going into the par 5, 18th hole the overall was AS and Peter was 1 up on the back nine. Alex set the tone with a perfect drive in the middle of the fairway. Peter hit his right and caught the dirt waste area. Peter responded beautifully with an awesome hybrid/ fairway wood from the waste area that put him back in the middle of the fairway about 100-115 yards out.

Alex responded with a perfect 3 wood that split the bunkers on both sides and left him 35 yards short of the pin. Peter didn’t back down and knowing that even with his stroke on the hole he would need at minimum a par to tie or win the hole. Peter’s shot was straight at the flag but just caught the top of the bunker and fell back in. Alex’s shot was right at the pin and stopped about 10-12 feet away. Peter ended up with a double bogey, net bogey and Alex missed the birdie but easily tapped in for par to win the overall 1 up and halve the back nine AS.

Once again the match between Peter and Alex came down to the very last hole. Just like it’s supposed to be!! For the record. Peter and I have squared off 4 times against each other. We have each won twice. So it appears that the handicap system works perfectly when each player has accurate handicaps. I can’t wait until the next one.
 Message #99771 - This was a reply to message #99744
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday September 1, 2021 11:42 AM
If there were any last minute NCGK matches please post the results so we can plan the finals. Pool play ended on 8/31. Obviously MichaelKo is locked in for the final which is looking to take place around 9/22 at one of the Nor Cal GK supporter course. Possible courses include Rancho Solano and Corica Park.

JohnnyGK and Mike are working on a date and course.
 Message #99909 - This was a reply to message #99771
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Tuesday September 7, 2021 7:33 PM
So what's the status here guys?
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #100006 - This was a reply to message #99909
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday September 8, 2021 4:11 AM
Johnny GK is coordinating with MichaelKo for dates location for the final. Final will be MichaelKo vs. Alex326 and is looking to be possibly on 9/22 at Corica Park or Rancho Solano. We want to have the final on a GK sponsor course.
 Message #100012 - This was a reply to message #100006
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Wednesday September 8, 2021 10:29 AM
Hey that's cool beans!!! Good Luck to both of you, may the best one playing that day win
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #100013 - This was a reply to message #100012
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday October 7, 2021 6:39 PM
NCGK Final is set for Oct 20th at Poppy Ridge

[[Edited by Alex326 on Saturday October 9, 2021 8:54 PM]]
 Message #100241 - This was a reply to message #100013
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday October 20, 2021 6:03 AM
NCGK Cup final is going forth today as scheduled. Nor Cal style.... In the rain!
 Message #100389 - This was a reply to message #100241
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Wednesday October 20, 2021 7:00 AM
QUOTED  .... In the rain!

less than a tenth of an inch and a gentle breeze. Hardly a reason to crack the umbrella.

Isn't that a beach day in Monterey?

Hoping to see a spirited competitive match.
 Message #100390 - This was a reply to message #100389

Listing 41 to 50 of 61 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7

[ Community Page ]