bblaze
additional rating ststem

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    the one im playing

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 18, 2020 9:12 AM
all of my future reviews will contain a fun factor rating. basically how much, how fun. for example, if i pay 180 to play a beautiful pristine course but it takes 6 hrs to play.. well i am going to be mr. grumps, on the other hand if i pay 18 to play a dog track but it takes 4 or less hrs to play then it is probably going to get a slightly higher review. this will not deter from a detailed review of course conditions, just how fun was the round. kinda like a worth it factor...was it worth what i paid?.
 Message #95734
Nickesquire
RE: additional rating ststem
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 18, 2020 12:38 PM
I think many reviewers directly mention "fun" in their reviews. Or without using the actual word take it into account on their reviews. Especially if they also "rate" the course playing conditions on the GK 0-10 scale.

FUN is subjective. Does "fun" mean personal interactions with others? The actual course? Both?

Pace Of Play: Frequently mentioned in most reviews. I think many discerning golfers avoid some courses that historically mean 5+ hour rounds. One of the easiest ways to achieve"no fun" status as a course. Think pre COVID-19, did they try and squeeze in 5some after 5some on less than 10 minute intervals?

Customer Service: Frequently mentioned in most reviews. I think many golfers give more business to places that in a pre COVID-19 world offer on course services, particularly when hotter. And if there is bad customer service from the pro shop, Marshalls etc., that is frequently mentioned as well. Customer service is an attitude. Some courses I have played dozens of times and have always been personally treated, and watched others be treated very well. Others, I have played less and witnessed multiple negative interactions. Which am I more likely to play next time?

Layout: Is it 18 interesting holes of golf? Not a bunch of been there, done that, especially true if it was about 5 holes ago. Would an 80's golfer need to have a career day to finish the 18th hole with the same ball they teed off on #1 with? Or can you spray around at least some shots and still be able to find/play it?

Course conditions: Plenty of sand in the bunkers? Greens that roll smoothly @ a decent pace? Level tee boxes with good coverage? Rough 10 yards off the fairway that is mowed at a level you can actually find a ball w/o looking for 3 minutes? Fairways that have decent grass? No significant hardpan areas?

My point is that ALL of these are already taken into account in the GK review format if one both reviews and rates the course.

Course location certainty plays a factor in the amount of reviews a course gets. I would also surmise that courses that are reviewed consistently are more likely to be seen as a "fun" course by the masses than a course that goes months or years between reviews. There is a reason some courses are rarely reviewed. Could be just location. But I also suspect that price, playing conditions, layout, POP or a reputation of poor customer service/lack of services play a part as well. Most likely several of the above.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #95738 - This was a reply to message #95734
noeldaof
RE: additional rating ststem
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 20, 2020 4:08 PM
When you write a review for a golf course, you certainly could incorporate your pleasure or displeasure in words. Being clear about your experience is what would help others understand you and your pleasure/displeasure.

Also, in another page called "Rate this golf course", there is a section in there where you can give a rating for "worth the green fee" which you relate as fun factor. You can check it out and see if that is what you meant.

Hope this helps.
JVGA
 Message #95771 - This was a reply to message #95734

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]