Discussions in The Golf Zone Podcast
Moderated By JohnnyGK, tommyc3

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
The Golf Zone Podcast
Airing Now! - JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Airing Now! - JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast + Ugly Putter Contest!

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
Airing Now! - JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast + Ugly Putter Contest!

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday January 27, 2021 1:20 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just got done recording a The Golf Zone Podcast. Was tons of fun!

They are great supporters of our GK Community. My episode should air starting February 9th. In the meantime catch up on the other episodes and give them a 5 star rating for their podcast. They are great. Thanks!

Talking About GK! - JohnnyGK Interview

Oh, Reflection Bay Golf Club and The Golf Zone Podcast have donated a comp foursome for Reflection Bay Golf Club as part of an ugly putter contest.

Please e-mail me a photo of your ugly putter with your GK username. Its got to be a putter you use or have once used. E-mail photo to golf@greenskeeper.org. The hosts of the show Eric Dutt, Tommy Canale and Myself will be the judges. Entry deadline is February 9th, same day my show first airs.

I'll post the photos here!

First Entry: FirstFlightFX-101's BoZone

Second Entry: DeepSea14's One-Stroke

Third Entry: Anothersurfer's Perry Como MacGregor

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday February 9, 2021 8:22 AM]]

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday February 9, 2021 8:24 AM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97719
mpisarski01
RE: JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast! + Ugly Putter Contest!
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday January 27, 2021 1:25 PM
Too bad my putter is BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!
 Message #97720 - This was a reply to message #97719
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Wednesday January 27, 2021 2:54 PM
So let me understand this...

A man who would have the utter audacity to show up for a round of golf with a "Hot Dawg" putter in his bag is judging an ugly putter contest?

Death to the Dawg!
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #97722 - This was a reply to message #97720
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday January 28, 2021 8:02 AM
QUOTED  A man who would have the utter audacity to show up for a round of golf with a "Hot Dawg" putter in his bag is judging an ugly putter contest?

The Hot Dog putter is a thing of beauty!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97726 - This was a reply to message #97722
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Thursday January 28, 2021 8:38 AM
QUOTED  The Hot Dog putter is a thing of beauty!

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Perfect example. I got this off another golf review website that does not filter out shill reviews like GK does when I posted my review of that course.

"If you close your eyes and take a deep breath, you might feel transported to Augusta National. Really an amazing course."

This reviewer was describing Dairy Creek, which is a SLO County muni that was recently reduced from an 18 hole course to a 9 hole course because of a lack of water. Lack of water and muni... for the 98% reading this who have never played there, does that sound like things you would ever put in a comparative sentence with Augusta National?

Fun layout, very playable, consistently in the 6-7 playing condition range on GK. However, it's consistently not in as good of playing condition as Morro Bay, the best of the local muni's.

If that reviewer is truly serious that Dairy Creek reminds them of Augusta National, I would recommend the following forthwith:

1) Lobotomy
2) Cataracts
3) Exchange their "see and eye" dawg with the "hot dawg" putter, because it can probably see more than whatever they are currently using.

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And only it's parent could love "the dawg"...
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #97728 - This was a reply to message #97726
tommyc3
The Golf Zone Podcast: The Golf Zone Podcast - https://www.golfzonepodcast.com/

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday January 30, 2021 4:58 PM
Looking forward to not only judging this contest but talking about a few of these "UGLY" putters on the show! Episode #110 featuring JohnnyGK will be released at 6am PST on Feb. 9th. Check out our other shows! Get signed up for FREE GOLF STUFF here:

https://www.golfzonepodcast.com/

Fill out the form and listen for your name to be called!

If have any questions about the show, let me know!

Be Good-Play Well

Tommy
 Message #97773 - This was a reply to message #97728
JohnnyGK
RE: Airing Now! - JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast + Ugly Putter Contest!

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday February 9, 2021 8:26 AM
Hi everyone they just posted my interview about GK - looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks!

Click Link in top post or click here: The Golf Show Podcast with JohnnyGK
 Message #97840 - This was a reply to message #97719
ag2000

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Kapaulua Plantation

Tuesday February 9, 2021 3:53 PM
Johnny, that was a great interview. As someone who has done some podcasting before, I am impressed with your poise and control. Those interviews can be nerve-wracking at times. Thanks for all you do Johnny, and for creating this space. The future is bright to say the least, let's keep it going. That was the message I took away from that podcast. For anyone who has not heard this yet, I highly recommend giving this your time.
 Message #97847 - This was a reply to message #97840
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday February 10, 2021 10:27 AM
QUOTED  Johnny, that was a great interview. As someone who has done some podcasting before, I am impressed with your poise and control. Those interviews can be nerve-wracking at times. Thanks for all you do Johnny, and for creating this space. The future is bright to say the least, let's keep it going. That was the message I took away from that podcast. For anyone who has not heard this yet, I highly recommend giving this your time.

Thanks so much Andrew!
 Message #97850 - This was a reply to message #97847
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday February 11, 2021 5:31 PM
The RESULTS of the Ugly Putter Contest are Unanimous!

3-0 by the judges + comments...
“…that should not be allowed to be called a putter.”
“… is that thing even legal?”
“…the One-Stroke is hideous.”

Congratulations DeepSea14 … the other part of the contest I forgot to mention is you will be required to putt with the One-Stroke Ugly Putter the entirety of your complimentary 4-some round at Reflection Bay Golf Club.

You didn’t think you were going to get off the hook that easy with a putter like that!

LOL
 Message #97853 - This was a reply to message #97719

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]