Discussions in The Golf Zone Podcast
Moderated By JohnnyGK, tommyc3

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
The Golf Zone Podcast
Airing Now! - JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Airing Now! - JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast + Ugly Putter Contest!

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 13 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Alex326
RE: Airing Now! - JohnnyGK on The Golf Zone Podcast + Ugly Putter Contest!
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 11, 2021 7:51 PM
QUOTED  Congratulations DeepSea14 … the other part of the contest I forgot to mention is you will be required to putt with the One-Stroke Ugly Putter

Sadly he beat me in our match play using that thing!! Or was it he made me use it....
 Message #97854 - This was a reply to message #97853
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Friday February 12, 2021 12:52 AM
I thought Johnny presented very well on the podcast. But I also thought the way the hosts spoke about him and his efforts after he was off the air was very complimentary, authentic, and gave additional cred to Johnny after the fact.

Johnny, did you detect any uptick in sign ups since the podcast posted?
 Message #97855 - This was a reply to message #97854
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Friday February 12, 2021 10:04 AM
Wow! Thank you to the judges for honoring the one-stroke with such a deserving award. Also kudos to my fellow contestants for their entries worthy of consideration.

I'm on the look-out in the dusty places, corners of garages, yard sales, and 2nd hand shops for putters, usually seeking the classics with professionals names inscribed. The one-stroke was purchased as part of a storage unit by a friend. He gifted it to me last fall and on occasion we play 9 holes with a couple others with passion for the game but none are frequent players. It's just fun.

Last October the one-stroke found it's way into the bag after I forgot to take it out after practice. I used it on the 17th hole from the fringe for a zero putt birdie on a fireball fueled back 9 thirteen putts. That's how she passed the rule of must have been used for play. A left to right 25 footer hit off-line at right speed which took the break and dropped in! So I will be honored to give it a go for 18.

Kudos to Greenskeeper and the Golfzone for what they're doing for the sport. The most recent with JohnnyGK was great. The three of them have a passion for the game which I could hear in the interview.
QUOTED  Sadly he beat me in our match play using that thing!! Or was it he made me use it....

Drive for show putt for dough. Ain't that the way they say it goes?
 Message #97856 - This was a reply to message #97855

Listing 11 to 13 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]