Buckeye_Nut
Quick question.........

Favorite Golfer:
    Carl Spackler
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing today

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday May 26, 2022 8:38 PM
Would you ever do this? .......bring a camera and tripod to the course to film every shot while "pairing up" with complete strangers? You'd have to be crazy to do that, right? Has anyone done this before?
 Message #102154
Alex326
RE: Quick question.........
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday May 26, 2022 9:32 PM
Last summer I was behind a group who hired a photographer to follow them around for the entire 18 holes. We got the feeling that they were dying for us to ask why they had a photographer with them, but we could care less. they actually maintained a good pace of play and that was all I was concerned about. I have a friend who has someone film him on every par 3 in case he gets a hole in one. If it's posted on social media, does that mean everyone who watches the ace gets a free beer? lol
 Message #102156 - This was a reply to message #102154
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Friday May 27, 2022 6:25 AM
I would never do this...

I played in the PGA Memes Challenge in Dallas and our group was behind the youtubers goodgood. They had 3 camera guys, a sound guy, and a drone with them. I think in total they had 9 people with them not including the golfers. It was frustrating as their golf Etiquette was terrible with all 13 people walking over the green and jumping up and down when they made a 2' putt. I know there were 3 greens where them jumping left foot craters on the green.

I am all for people promoting golf to the younger generations via social media but this was ridiculous.
 Message #102159 - This was a reply to message #102154
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Friday May 27, 2022 10:11 AM
I watch a lot of YouTube golf vloggers who do this (recommend 'Golf Sidekick' and 'Not a Scratch Golfer' for good content) and always wonder about that. I just think it would make the game flow so unnaturally to always be setting up a camera before every shot, but more importantly what does that do with the people you're playing with? I'm not sure but I think it would be a good topic for one of these vloggers to cover to see it in action.

I guess it all boils down to maintaining POP. If they can do that and it's not messing with my game at all, I don't see much issue with it and would probably enjoy watching the footage later if it were posted.
 Message #102162 - This was a reply to message #102159
Buckeye_Nut

Favorite Golfer:
    Carl Spackler
Favorite Golf Course:

Friday May 27, 2022 2:03 PM
Great replies...I totally agree with all the concerns for sure! I've been thinking about this for awhile..... and took the plunge for the first time ever in Branson, MO. I thought...I'm bringing cameral on a tripod and I'm filming this fiasco!!!!!

I booked the first tee time and got paired with a couple old regular senior golfer regulars. They were only playing 9 anyway, and then I can haul #ss on the back. I explained what I was doing and promised that I wouldn't hold them up because I play fast. I promise, the introduction was awkward, but we warmed up nice once they figured out I wasn't slowing them down. You'll notice I putt out of turn on some putts.....this was planned. I brought a camera and tripod and was mostly waiting on them through the entire 9...pretty sure they got a kick out of playing with me and all is good. I made sure I was mostly waiting on them.... I wasn't slowing them down.

This is the video...LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Tsadx9LDU

Tee to green I played like complete shit, but kept it in play on every hole. Chipping and putting/saving pars was the theme of the day. Carded a 74 on a par 70. Mostly smoke and mirrors..which is how I roll. terrible swing, terrible footwork, ect. etc.. just get it in the DAMN HOLE! hah

I was hospitalized 2 days after this video for emergency gall bladder surgery... how about that?? sheesh..still on the mend, but I am fine. My biggest concern is when can I play golf again? I took a few practice swings... no way in hell this Memorial Day weekend.

I'm a veteran, but I never went to war myself. My best friend is still IN...we enlisted together March 31, 1986 and he's still in. Hard to do in todays military. He converted from commissioned officer to Warrant officer. I just want to honor this guy because he's been through the shit.

[[Edited by Buckeye_Nut on Friday May 27, 2022 2:34 PM]]
 Message #102163 - This was a reply to message #102162
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday May 27, 2022 4:02 PM
Good stuff Paul! The music and editing made it bearable, lol! For a fella that moves his feet around so much you certainly score well!

Here this will make it easier for others to view: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Tsadx9LDU
 Message #102164 - This was a reply to message #102163
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday May 30, 2022 7:42 AM
QUOTED  I have a friend who has someone film him on every par 3 in case he gets a hole in one.

WHEN he gets the ace not "in case".

Just a matter of time.

I noticed a pro-looking photographer last time we had a game at the Links @ Spainish Bay. (not shooting us) So at these type of courses under the right circumstances I think it would be somewhat common. Once in a lifetime visits at world class venues. At the local-muni for the twilight Tuesday 9 holes? not so much. I'd hang a print of me with the birdie chain on the 17th instead of a generic print from homegoods on my wall.
 Message #102173 - This was a reply to message #102156
Buckeye_Nut

Favorite Golfer:
    Carl Spackler
Favorite Golf Course:

Thursday June 2, 2022 5:42 PM
I might record again this weekend. Weather permitting... 50% of rain and not doing it in the rain..haha

videoing golf 15 days removed from gallbladder surgery, might be entertaining. Do I cringe, whiff? Who knows..
 Message #102214 - This was a reply to message #102173
Buckeye_Nut

Favorite Golfer:
    Carl Spackler
Favorite Golf Course:

Tuesday June 7, 2022 7:00 PM
I played last weekend, but didn't bring the camera. Had I played as a single and paired with strangers.......I was ready to record. I played with a friend and knew we'd share a cart to I opted out. Glad I did.... Swinging didn't hurt but I had "body core issues"... It's OK....step 1...i played golf.
 Message #102243 - This was a reply to message #102214
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Tuesday June 7, 2022 8:12 PM
QUOTED  Would you ever do this? .......bring a camera and tripod to the course to film every shot while "pairing up" with complete strangers? You'd have to be crazy to do that, right? Has anyone done this before?

Since you asked... Not just no but HELL NO!!! What's next, playing 3 golf balls from tee to in the hole???

I could see this being okay on a course only if it was empty and absolutely NO ONE was being affected. Playing fast? Cannot believe anyone could play so fast so as to not be holding up people if they are setting up tripods, cameras and recording all their shots.

Do it on the range where it is appropriate.

I have played behind tourists who were taking group photo's every hole. They probably thought they were not holding up anyone either as we stood in the hot sun and waited every hole for them to get their camera angle, camera setup and smiles just right... RIDICULOUS!!!
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #102245 - This was a reply to message #102154

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]