Discussions in General Golf Discussions
Moderated By JohnnyGK, ringworld

Forums
Golfing
General Golf Discussions
Do you warm up before a round of golf?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Do you warm up before a round of golf?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 49 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
noeldaof
RE: Do you warm up before a round of golf?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday September 20, 2014 8:57 AM
Nice read about Franco's routine.
I kinda like that about him.
JVGA
 Message #65919 - This was a reply to message #65918
Buckeye_Nut

Favorite Golfer:
    Carl Spackler
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing today

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday September 20, 2014 3:37 PM
I never practice or hit balls. I hit my last bucket in 1995. When I play my home course, I don't even chip or putt before a round. I've played this course enough that I know the speed of the greens. I go to the first tee, stretch for a couple minutes......take a few practice swings....and let it fly.
 Message #65921 - This was a reply to message #65919
divot1957

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer
Favorite Golf Course:
    Robinson Ranch

Saturday September 20, 2014 6:27 PM
Draining a bucket of balls prior is NOT my thing. 10 to 12 balls on the range, mostly wedges & short irons, I'm good to go. (I rarely take a practice swing out on the course). Chipping & getting a feel for the speed of the greens is more important.
Getting to know the degree of a Bloody Mary or Greyhound goes a long way standing on that 1st tee.
 Message #65927 - This was a reply to message #65921
PatBrown

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday October 24, 2016 1:48 AM
If I have enough free time to warm up a little bit, I try not to loose this chance. I even tried to write about that in my blog, but that's not so popular. Bit I hope, thanks to https://prowriterscenter.com/8-best-ways-to-attract-readers-to-your-blog/ I'll find my readers.
 Message #81167 - This was a reply to message #65631
CancerFighter39

Favorite Golfer:
    YES
Favorite Golf Course:
    YES,it's a Secret!

Monday October 24, 2016 2:53 AM
Stretch the leg muscles for about 5~10 minutes in a slow burn scenario.
Loosen up the arms by circular motions to get the blood flowing.

Now I'm ready to play, I mean serious bizness when I show up the 1st tee
pushing the golf cart the distance from the putting green! Dragging it down the part to #2!

Let gravity take off over on #3.
I am in the FIGHT of my life! At this time, I do not have the ability to Caddie for a Professional even though I made many contacts over the years...
 Message #81168 - This was a reply to message #81167
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Monday October 24, 2016 2:23 PM
QUOTED  Do you warm up before a round of golf?

I always go through a stretching routine before leaving the house, regardless of the time it takes to arrive at the golf course. Once there, I'll spend 10 minutes going through another battery of stretches on the first tee. First and foremost, I'm more focused on preventing injury as opposed to concerns about my ball-striking on a given day, which is why I never play without following this agenda.

Years ago, it was mandatory that I warm up on the range prior to teeing off but that only occurs on rare occasions these days. If I'm on vacation or playing somewhere special, I'll incorporate some range time into my pre-round routine but, as a rule, hitting a bucket of balls before a casual round is an afterthought.

There have been too many times where the positive things I've done on the range haven't accompanied me over to the golf course; as a result, I've found this approach to be more beneficial to my game than detrimental.

[[Edited by 1PLUS1 on Monday October 24, 2016 3:58 PM]]
 Message #81186 - This was a reply to message #65598
RDDenn

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Monday October 24, 2016 4:37 PM
Two day tournament this last weekend. Even though it was barely dawn, on Saturday I hit balls and putted. Played terrible and putted like I had never seen a putting green before. Did yard work later and had some adult beverages at a family gathering that night. Sunday morning, same time, had a terrible stretch at the house. Cramping in my side trying to stretch my back. My elbow was killing me. Ate at the course in lieu of hitting balls. Hit some putts. Played vastly better in all facets of the game, including nailing some bombs on the greens. You never know.
 Message #81189 - This was a reply to message #81186
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday October 24, 2016 5:38 PM
Try and get to the course 45 min early if possible---try and hit 10-12 iron swings--5-7 driver swings--couple fairway wood swings. Then its off to the chipping green(if they have one) and putting green for 10-15 min if possible.

There are more rounds where I did not warm up and ended up not playing well than the other way around--usually no warm up for me is more detrimental than warming up before the round.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #81192 - This was a reply to message #81189
UNCLEDDBOY23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Whistling Straits

Monday October 24, 2016 7:30 PM
Always .... Start with a few sand wedge pitch shots, then hit full sand wedges, full wedges, full 8 irons, 3 hybrid, driver and then go back down to full wedges and then sand wedge pitch shots, chip shots with the sand wedge and then go putt. I putt for about 10 minutes by practicing half the time at about 30-40 feet (just try to get the speed of the greens), then the last 5 minutes I putt from about 6 feet and in ... gain some confidence on the short ones before I hit the course.

I like to get the course about an hour before I tee off ... I have a bad back at times and I need to get it nice and loose before I play.
 Message #81194 - This was a reply to message #65598
Hogan

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

Tuesday October 25, 2016 10:09 AM
Hello, like Mr. Weber, I am an early morning player, so a good warm-up is usually not in the cards, but, I do subscribe to the Johnny Miller 20 swing routine,and, have used this for years. As I get older, I am reminded what Richie{Dick} Allen, the former baseball player once said, he stopped taking batting practice late in his career; his reason, I have only so many good swings left in this old body, and I don't want to waste them on practice... stay healthy, drive safely, CGG...
 Message #81199 - This was a reply to message #81194

Listing 21 to 30 of 49 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]