Discussions in General Golf Discussions
Moderated By JohnnyGK, ringworld

Forums
Golfing
General Golf Discussions
Do you warm up before a round of golf?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Do you warm up before a round of golf?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 31 to 40 of 49 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
roarksown1
RE: Do you warm up before a round of golf?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday October 25, 2016 10:45 AM
If I have time I like to do a short stretch routine which is basically a few easy baseball swings from both sides, some twists and stretches with a long club, then a few practice swings very casually. If I have plenty of time then a small bucket of balls usually does the trick, but that also depends on the course I'm playing. The funny part though is that in terms of having a good round or a poor one, there is no rule. I have had great rounds when I got to the tee box with 10 seconds to spare, and horrible rounds with an hour's worth of great preparation.
 Message #81200 - This was a reply to message #81199
lamitchw

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pacific Dunes

Tuesday October 25, 2016 11:32 AM
For me, there is nothing worse than jumping out of the car and rushing straight to the 1st tee. I guess I'm a freak of nature, because my perfect world has me arriving at the course at least an hour before my round. Depending on layout of the facilities, I will try to putt first. I start with 10-15 footers up and down hill to get the speed of the greens. Then I'll move to 5-6 footers all around the most sloped pin position on the practice green. Next, I move to the chipping green. I'll hit a variety of chips and pitches with my PW, and two of my sand wedges. I'm focusing mostly on contact, and how much roll out the green is giving. With about 20 minutes left before the round, I'll head to the range with a small bucket. Start out stretching and then on to half wedges. 3 balls each with PW, 9, 7, 4H and then driver, focusing on mostly half speed swings to warm the back up. After that, I'll play a few holes in my head. If first hole is a par 5, I'll hit driver and guage my next shot based on how I hit it. Hit well I'll hit 3W or 5W and pretend to go for the green. Then I'll hit a chip or pitch if I felt like I missed the green. I'll play 3 holes or so based on the first 3 holes on the scorecard. By the time I get to the first tee, I've already played a couple of holes and I'm physically and mentally ready to go. Eliminates the need for the guys to have to say 'take a breakfast ball' to me. I, however, find myself saying it often to my boys who don't warm up beforehand...
 Message #81201 - This was a reply to message #65598
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Tuesday October 25, 2016 12:01 PM
QUOTED  If I have time I like to do a short stretch routine which is basically a few easy baseball swings from both sides, some twists and stretches with a long club, then a few practice swings very casually.

That's me cept that I will ALWAYS make time for this type of brief stretching--mandatory. Will also hit some putts before tee time. I also try to get in a short iron practice session a few days before a round--and I'll hit maybe 10 drives the day before. Never hit balls on the range before the round.
 Message #81202 - This was a reply to message #81200
rickys

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 18, 2018 10:21 PM
The warming up is prepare for physical exertion or a performance by exercising or practising gently beforehand. Warming up is performed before a performance or practice. Athletes, singers, actors and others warm up before stressing their muscles. It prepares the muscles for vigorous actions. You can also, check RouterLogin https://routerlogin.io/ for more information.
 Message #89422 - This was a reply to message #81202
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday September 19, 2018 2:13 AM
When I was racing, I would ride 30-60 minutes as a warm up before a race. I'd include 2-3 full on hard efforts of about 3-5 minutes each to get the body and mind geared up for what was about to come. In golf, I always swing my orange stick for a couple of minutes to get the body rotating, HR up a bit and blood flowing. Sometimes I'll do a little jog with high knee kicks to get the lower body ready to go.

If time allows I'll hit some balls on the range. Mainly full wedge shots to get my rhythm, then a couple of mid irons followed by a handful with the driver.
 Message #89425 - This was a reply to message #89422
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday September 20, 2018 2:49 PM
I have to warm up... get the bad swings out.

at the very least, i need to hit 5-10 half swings... and need to hit them crisp. If i can't do that,my swing will suck. 99% of the time, i can get it crisp before I tee off.
 Message #89437 - This was a reply to message #89425
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday September 20, 2018 2:56 PM
No, not anymore . . . I may hit a couple putts and/or chips but that's it, anything else is a waste of time and back.
 Message #89438 - This was a reply to message #89437
chevelle

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Friday September 21, 2018 3:55 AM
I agrre with Rat, not any more, waste of time, I hit a dozen putts and swing 2 clubs, 8 & 9 iron at the first tee about 15 times and stretch.
 Message #89442 - This was a reply to message #89438
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Friday September 21, 2018 7:18 PM
I often have not left enough time too, But I enjoy it when I can. If I'm going to a nice course, I really enjoy getting to the course early and experiencing the total package!
 Message #89445 - This was a reply to message #89442
3-4bravo

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

Monday May 20, 2019 9:41 AM
I was lucky enough to play a pro am with KJ Choi recently and we had lunch together afterwards. He told me that his routine prior to every round of golf is to wake up 3 hours prior to his tee time. He spends 30 to 45 minutes waking up, showering, eating breakfast, etc. etc. Then he spends another 30 minutes stretching his entire body. After that he'll hit 200! balls on the range, proceed to chip and putt and then he considers himself ready for his round.

We teed off at 7:15am for our pro am and he said he was awake at 4am to prepare for just a pro am round.
 Message #91440 - This was a reply to message #89445

Listing 31 to 40 of 49 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]