Discussions in General Golf Discussions
Moderated By JohnnyGK, ringworld

Forums
Golfing
General Golf Discussions
Do you warm up before a round of golf?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Do you warm up before a round of golf?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 61 to 62 of 62 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7
joseprobe
RE: Do you warm up before a round of golf?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday August 18, 2021 3:06 PM
It takes time to get ready for golf. Warmups are great before every outing. Warmups can help you get into a groove and match your exact swing tempo. It can also help to alleviate cramping and avoid potential pain in your hamstring or quadriceps area. Suppose you are planning a round of golf with your significant other. In that case, a pre-round workout is an excellent opportunity to spend time together before the competition begins. Also, it is essential to have the right outfit. I would recommend https://golfsupport.com/brands/galvin-green. They are the best on the market. http://golfsupport.com/brands/galvin-green

[[Edited by joseprobe on Tuesday August 24, 2021 12:14 AM]]
 Message #99778 - This was a reply to message #98942
Nickesquire
RE: Do you warm up before a round of golf?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday October 24, 2021 10:32 AM
The practice putting green is my #1 priority if pressed for time. Light stretching of upper and lower body, then a few practice swings. The above would be EVERY round even if I only have 10-15 minutes.

In a perfect world where I am there at least 45 minutes before my tee time, adding in the following works for me.

First, some intermediate chips of 10-30 yards is great for muscle memory and just getting loose. Can often do that beside the first tee while waiting on the group that just teed off to clear if pressed for time.

What I HATE to do is an entire bucket of balls. Noel made an excellent point, there is a HUGE difference in practice and warming up. If I have been playing regularly, a 1/2 dozen 3/4 to full swings should be enough to get loose. If it has been awhile, maybe a dozen swings.

The LAST thing I want to do is work on something new on the range right before a round.

"Warming up" is a term of art. Most have focused on the physical aspect. I personally think it is equally important to warm up mentally. How is the ball flying today? Watching putts go into the hole creates a proper mental image to take to the course. Thinking about basics like grip, grip pressure, alignment and stance cannot be understated in my opinion. Days I am mentally into my round are usually more important to scoring well than days I am completely loose but thinking about other things on the golf course.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100513 - This was a reply to message #99778

Listing 61 to 62 of 62 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7

[ Community Page ]