Do you still care about Tiger?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Do you still care about Tiger?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 47 of 47 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5
Nickesquire
RE: Do you still care about Tiger?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 7, 2021 10:01 AM
People tuned in to see him do well... or play poorly. Either way, win/win for golf in general.

Masters week is less exciting w/o Tiger IMO.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98453 - This was a reply to message #91139
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 7, 2021 11:01 AM
This week's pools and bets are exciting with so many going on.
I hope he feels better and get back healthy.
JVGA
 Message #98457 - This was a reply to message #98453
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Wednesday April 7, 2021 12:50 PM
Hate to break the news but I have heard from firsthand sources that Tiger will be lucky to walk again without a cane, let alone play golf again at a competitive level.
 Message #98459 - This was a reply to message #98457
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Wednesday April 7, 2021 9:50 PM
I don't know, he mite pull a Hogan and surprise everyone. But, after looking at the wreckage (and the 84 mph spped), the guy is very lucky to have survived, period.
 Message #98467 - This was a reply to message #98459
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Thursday April 8, 2021 10:38 AM
QUOTED  Hate to break the news but I have heard from firsthand sources that Tiger will be lucky to walk again without a cane, let alone play golf again at a competitive level.

Hope that is not the case. But I also take that with a grain of salt.

Tiger was never "normal" to begin with physically or athletically. I agree that if most of us suffered those injuries with the type medical care we could reasonably expect to receive, a cane may be in our future. But I suspect there is a huge difference in what our medical insurance would cover and what Tiger has available to him. Plus he doesn't need to juggle going to a job like most would be working into their rehab schedules. He can rehab as many hours per day as required or as much as he/his body can tolerate.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98477 - This was a reply to message #98459
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Thursday April 8, 2021 1:17 PM
News comes from some of the doctors who were at Harbor Medical Center and are members at RHCC - the course he was in a rush to get to that morning to shoot a new ad. But I hope you're right ...
 Message #98485 - This was a reply to message #98477
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday April 8, 2021 3:49 PM
I've thought from the moment I heard his injuries: done.

Compound fractures of his leg: that means he likely had a rod put through his tibia, which means he is non weight bearing for 2-3 months. If you take out the back problem, this is still a rough rehab. I think he will walk, but I don't think it will ever 'feel' normal again. He'll always know it's there. What that means, I don't know. Pain, aches, slight limp.. likely he will walk good enough to not limp, but he'll feel like he's limping. His right leg is the power generator: will it be good enough to stabilize the backswing and generate the power he is accustomed to? I'm betting against that.

One might rebut: Alex Smith came back. Yes.. and it's commendable... but throwing a football is easier for the leg than the golf swing. And he had to run.. but I guarantee his R leg is not near the strength as his Left.

Then, throw in the still recovering (and certainly set back) back surgery. He would've come back. He would've had a short amount of success, at best, until his body broke down again. But how much did the back get messed up in the accident? He was already in pain...surely it was aggravated. And how can he rehab his back the way he needs to when he can't put weight on his leg for 2-3 months? Normally, you would need more back and hip stabilization to make up for his bum leg... now he won't have that.

There is no way he returns to pro golf on his own merits (i.e. sponsor exemptions). He'll play golf again, but not at a pro level... He'll walk to the point we can't tell, but it won't feel great. His back will always bother him, even with perfect rehab. He'll have a nice productive, functional life, with some golf... but his career is over.

And I loved watching Tiger dominate.

[[Edited by michaelko on Thursday April 8, 2021 4:00 PM]]
 Message #98490 - This was a reply to message #98485

Listing 41 to 47 of 47 Replies

PAGES: 5 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]