hsiebert
Where to play

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnlod Palmer
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday February 29, 2020 10:12 PM
For lack of a better place to post this here goes. I’m coming to the ranch Bernardo area for 4 to 5 days near the end of March and need some recommendations of good places to play. My buddy and are are about sub 10 index. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. Horst
 Message #93761
SBogey
RE: Where to play

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Sunday March 1, 2020 9:19 AM
I am sure the San Diego members will have better knowledge of the area but the courses that come to mind would be Pachanga , The Crossings, Twin Oaks, Red Hawk, and if price is not too much of a factor Maderas and or Torry Pines would be musts!
 Message #93765 - This was a reply to message #93761
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Sunday March 1, 2020 10:06 AM
Mt. Woodson is playing great and should be back to being very Green by then and worth a look. Maderas & Aviara are great, put pricey. The Crossings and Twin Oaks are good choices, with The Crossing being the better of the two. Golf Club of Calif is a good track not too far North. Barona is a fun "Link Style" course in the hills and then there is the best track in SD County out at Rams Hill in Borrego. About 1:45 min drive from RB, But well worth it !!!!
 Message #93766 - This was a reply to message #93765
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls/Balboa

Sunday March 1, 2020 11:36 AM
Where are you coming from? What are your regular courses? What kind of course are you looking for and in what price range? There are a plethora of courses in that area!!
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #93768 - This was a reply to message #93761
hsiebert

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnlod Palmer
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass

Monday March 2, 2020 7:13 AM
I actually live in two places, part time in Modesto and part time in Arnold. In Arnold I belong to sequoia CC. It’s a good layout and great condition most of the year. In the flatland I play mostly at Creekside because it cheap and about 15 minutes from my house. I also play ar poppy ridge, Wente, and others.
Thanks for the inputs, I will check out reviews and hopefully pick the best ones. OR maybe try to see how many courses this old body can handle.
 Message #93775 - This was a reply to message #93768
sparky14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

Monday March 2, 2020 11:29 AM
Rams Hill is fantastic, and it is a nice drive too. If time allows, it is a must play.

Maderas is my top recommendation in that area. Barona Creek would be #2, but I don't know if they are open (looks like only 9 is open).

I like Rancho Bernardo Inn. Mt Woodson may look short, but it is a fun and challenging course and does not play short. GC of Cal (Fallbrook) and Arrowood are both nice.
 Message #93780 - This was a reply to message #93761

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]