msherer260
Does it just beat all

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 8, 2021 11:35 PM
Played today with a guy who just turned 80, had clubs that looked very old (Tommy Armour 855's and a nickent driver ) used a Pinnacle Ball, his Grandson bought him for his 80th....guy shot 84 from the whites with no more then 175 yard drives....he could chip, pitch and putt like a pro... .I ask him how he learned to play so well....you just hit the ball to where you want it to go, and when you get close you hit it at the hole...I love it he said " the ball is just sitting there if you can't hit toward where you want it go you got problems son"
 Message #98106
kurator62
RE: Does it just beat all

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 9, 2021 5:41 AM
How cool is that.
 Message #98107 - This was a reply to message #98106
Nickesquire
RE: Does it just beat all
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 9, 2021 8:02 AM
Probably 10-12 years ago @ Buenaventura, GDR23 & I played with a gentleman who if I remember correctly was 78 @ the time. Forgot his name. He was evidently well known back in the day for winning many local and regional tournaments from what other locals told us.

Buenaventura is around 6,000 yards from the Blacks, which for a 78 year old would be about like a 40 year old playing a 7,200 yard course. By the back 9, we were joking with him that if he didn't call right center or left center we were not going to give him credit for any more fairways hit. 175 and straight, 175 and straight, 175 and straight. He had to ask every time where his ball ended up because he could not see that far, but they would have been easily findable in the short grass regardless.

He could not reach many of the par 4's in regulation, but was still making a 4 or 5 on almost all of them. Excellent short game. He probably shot around his age playing the tips that day. Delightful man to be matched up with.

Perfect example of it's not how, but how many.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98108 - This was a reply to message #98106

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]