Birthday rabbit trail.

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    "The Big Easy"
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wild Wings

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 4, 2011 1:17 PM
Locking threads is one way of doing things. It is so much more fun to navigate thread after thread after thread, rather than consult a compiled list IMO.

Would it be possible to talk this out rather than just locking any thread with birthday golf in it? If it is worth anything, I just finished Oregon. I had thought this would be the more worth wild approach for GK members rather than the EZ way of sending them down a rabbit trail.

- John
...................+1 Non-Elitist!..................

e-lit-ist |e'letist; a'letist|
noun
a person who believes that a system or society should be ruled or dominated by an elite.
 Message #35336
ringworld
RE: Birthday rabbit trail.

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday February 4, 2011 1:58 PM
Kona, Yes it would, but for the sake of keeping things relevant and current ... allow me to sort my thoughts clearly......

The reason I am doing this is simple. Go ahead and keep posting this information. It's GREAT information. It's the responsibility of this staff to homogenize it so that everyone can benefit. It's one of the main reasons why I created the FAQ section in the first place. It's a central point where everything else can revolve.

Trust me I get a lot of inquires about the same questions being asked. Nothing wrong with asking a question. It's finding the answer I need to simplify -- that is why locking the thread and directing them to the main thread where everything is kept is so important. Who knows they may find an answer more relevant to specific questions buried there ... somewhere. Note they still have to find the information, it's just formated in such a way where everything can be found.

So go ahead. PLEASE continue posting. I didn't say not to. This is after all some really great information!!!

[[Edited by ringworld on Friday February 4, 2011 4:40 PM]]
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #35338 - This was a reply to message #35336
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday February 4, 2011 2:04 PM
And I should also mention.... the general search query using the following words "FREE BIRTHDAY GOLF" for a period of say 6-7 years of posts takes too long. If you haven't tried it.... (I have) and it does.

Better to split up your query anyways for more recent data but there is always a few courses that fall by the wayside. So for the sake of being too wordy... better to have all this information with intermingling links than no information or partial information. Just my personal opinion thrown in for grins and giggles.

Message #35339 - This was a reply to message #35338
konaexpress

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    "The Big Easy"
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wild Wings

Friday February 4, 2011 2:35 PM
If this is the case, then I feel I must apologize. I took this as if you wanted the subject to go away and to not post about it any more. I humbly stand before you with my hat in my hand and I will e-mail you the next time rather than posting.

-John
...................+1 Non-Elitist!..................

e-lit-ist |e'letist; a'letist|
noun
a person who believes that a system or society should be ruled or dominated by an elite.
 Message #35340 - This was a reply to message #35339
ringworld

Community Director

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday February 4, 2011 2:37 PM
Don't apologize Kona. No need to. Like I said, lol Keep posting!!!! We will do the fixes on our end ... all you have to do is post. Keep it up!

Message #35341 - This was a reply to message #35340

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]