YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Etiquette For Early Morning Single Golfer

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 26 of 26 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
kviser
RE: Etiquette For Early Morning Single Golfer

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday October 25, 2017 8:43 AM
QUOTED  Does anyone see that I have done something wrong?

Of course you didn't do anything wrong.

I would try to take their picture and call the cops. Just tell the cops they flat out threatened you. F those guys. Did you report them again? They probably know the course personnel, that's why they keep getting away with their sh!t.
 Message #86077 - This was a reply to message #86061
hermgolfs

GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Jordan Spieth
Favorite Golf Course:
    El Prado, either course

Wednesday October 25, 2017 9:49 AM
I thought about taking a picture, but their demeanor suggested that they were looking for a fight; the bigger of the 2 would have easily kicked my ass, so I just backed away. It would have been helpful if I had noted their cart numbers, but I was just trying to stay out of their way. As soon as they were away from me, I called the clubhouse, and reported them, again. Unfortunately, course management wasn't able to get their marshal on the situation; the marshal would have needed to act quickly since these guys played so fast. They were done about half an hour before me. I went to the clubhouse again, after completion of my round, but staff didn't seem to know who these guys were based on my description.
Trying to tie this into to the point of this thread, in some way. If these guys want to play speed golf, why aren't they out there at first light? I am not playing slow, finishing in under 3.5 hours. Are they too cheap to pay full rate? Both encounters had them teeing off after twilight rates, which start at 11:00am, unless they are just looping around the course multiple times. They exhibit poor etiquette, by jeopardizing my safety while hitting into me during the initial encounter, and acting like that is normal. They exhibit their disregard for the course by refusing to keep their carts a respectable distance away from greens (they routinely drove their carts on the aprons), and defacing the course (they drove the flag stick into the green, 20 feet away from the cup) during the initial encounter. I wouldn't have any problem if they respected the course, and approached me in a courteous manner. All I want to do is try to play the game to the best of my ability, while getting some exercise and enjoying the sights and sounds of the course. I shouldn't have to be concerned about my physical well being while playing this game.
 Message #86079 - This was a reply to message #86077
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Wednesday October 25, 2017 11:49 AM
Pretty sad commentary on today's society but why am I not surprised? I read about it every day of the week. What is most disconcerting to me is the fact that a week's time did nothing to temper their level of agitation. You have to wonder if they carry that same attitude away from the golf course. It's unfortunate that management has been unable...or reluctant...to satisfactorily address the situation. Sure, it would have been nice had you been able to obtain the cart numbers, but given the threatening nature of the situation, I would have been thinking about reaching for a club for protection first rather than searching for a cart ID. No one should be subjected to that type of encounter; it's no wonder you were thrown off your game as a result.

With regards to 'Speed Golf', and your comment as to why these clowns aren't teeing off at the crack of dawn, there could be reasons for the late morning tee time other than a financial one. They may be playing around work schedules, etc. but that still doesn't give them...or anyone for that matter...the right to steamroll over people playing ahead of them. There seems to be a mentality among some early morning players who feel 'entitled' to a 3-hour round and they aren't afraid to voice their displeasure when the pace of play doesn't suit them. Obviously, those two idiots belong in that group.

I can understand that some people may be trying to get a quick round in prior to work or before their wife wakes up and realizes they're not home, or they're attempting to play three different courses that day, but when you're extending every possible courtesy to these guys it just doesn't make sense. I've always looked at golf as a leisurely-type activity; part of its' appeal is being able to relax and enjoy some time outside without feeling rushed. That's why I've never tried to squeeze in a round when time wouldn't allow. I'm not a fan of five-plus hour rounds but to tee off at 11:00AM and expect to finish by 2:00 is unreasonable.

So what's next? Do you tempt fate...third time's a charm...and go out there again next Monday? Knowing that you've encountered these guys twice now, I don't think it would be possible to truly enjoy yourself, especially if you're having to constantly look over your shoulder before each and every shot. Let's hope this was the last you'll see of them; but if not, be safe but make sure the situation gets rectified before you...or someone else...gets hurt.
 Message #86080 - This was a reply to message #86079
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Friday October 27, 2017 10:39 AM
Way to grow the game. (If you didn't notice, I am being sarcastic.) It's those sorts of folks I would advise to avoid. Be sure to tell the starter because if it ever came to blows there should at least be documentation. Those sort of folks think they own the place and use intimidation to get what they want. Ends to them justify the means.

Avoid the place. It's probably why the place is so empty during twilight.
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #86100 - This was a reply to message #86080
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday October 30, 2017 6:26 PM
Hermgolfs--sorry you had to endure this--that for sure would have zapped my concentration--if they keep that act up they are one day going to run into the wrong group--that might set them straight--kudos to you for playing it cool.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #86119 - This was a reply to message #86100
hermgolfs

GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Jordan Spieth
Favorite Golf Course:
    El Prado, either course

Monday October 30, 2017 9:21 PM
Thanks GDR23. I was back out there at El Prado today, and while I practiced chipping and putting, then hit a small bucket on the range, I kept my eyes peeled. But I didn't see those guys. Since Chino Creek had less traffic, I played an afternoon round there. Walking as a single, I got around the longer of the 2 tracks (playing from the back tees) in 3 hours and 5 minutes. It was nice not to feel the pressure that I felt last Monday.
 Message #86121 - This was a reply to message #86119

Listing 21 to 26 of 26 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]