Discussions in General Discussions
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
General Forums
General Discussions
87 on Sunday in a major when starting the day i...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: 87 on Sunday in a major when starting the day in 3rd place?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 19 of 19 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Rat-Patrol
RE: 87 on Sunday in a major when starting the day in 3rd place?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 24, 2019 3:41 AM
Golf karma plain and simple, JB is a snail, snails get run over and stepped on.
 Message #91981 - This was a reply to message #91979
3-4bravo

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

Wednesday July 24, 2019 6:40 AM
I like to think that playing with Brooks helped feed his poor round. Brooks is a well known advocate for calling out slow play, and I believe that his mannerisms surrounding J.B.'s antics possibly rushed him into hitting bad shots. Even with Holmes' snail pace, their group was on pace through 13.
 Message #91982 - This was a reply to message #91981
Lary1

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Any in LaQuinta

Wednesday July 24, 2019 1:58 PM
This was JB at the 2017 Players so he's use to it. May 15, 2017 #1
Yesterday's final round by JB was the single biggest meltdown I have ever witnessed in professional golf. Started the day in the final group in first place and shoots 12 over and finishes in 47th place! I realize the course was playing very difficult, but to go from a leader after three days on the same course to 47TH, this has to be the biggest collapse in history. When was the last time a leader on the final day shot 10+ shots over par? This has got to do some serious damage to his mental game.
 Message #91986 - This was a reply to message #91962
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Wednesday July 24, 2019 4:24 PM
QUOTED  Yesterday's final round by JB was the single biggest meltdown I have ever witnessed in professional golf. Started the day in the final group in first place and shoots 12 over and finishes in 47th place! When was the last time a leader on the final day shot 10+ shots over par?

Not even close...

Holmes entered the final day in 3rd Place...NOT 1st. And he began Sunday's round six shots behind Shane Lowry, which would hardly qualify him as the "leader".

Holmes shot 87...16 over par, NOT 12 over.

Holmes finished in a 4-way tie for 67th Place...ahead of just three other players...a far cry from 47th. In fact, due to ties, there was no payout at the 47th spot; it jumped from T41 to T51.

[[Edited by 1PLUS1 on Wednesday July 24, 2019 6:29 PM]]
 Message #91988 - This was a reply to message #91986
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Wednesday July 24, 2019 9:02 PM
Golf is hard
 Message #91989 - This was a reply to message #91988
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Friday July 26, 2019 9:01 AM
Read this online...

Holmes final round was worst finish ever by a 36-hole leader at a major, and the highest final-round score at The Open since Lew Taylor had an 87 at Muirfield in 1966.

Over the past 35 years, Holmes' 87 is the highest final-round score by a player who sat inside the top 5 through three rounds. The previous high was when Jodie Mudd shot an 86 at the 1983 Masters.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #92007 - This was a reply to message #91989
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Tuesday July 30, 2019 10:42 AM
I'm the opposite. Sunday trying to hone my game throw up a 102 at Teal Bend (68.8/119) par 72. Yesterday on the beer train at Antelope Greens (57.2/88) par 58 I score 69. That's a 33 shot swing and good for a "out of range" notice posting it.

Back in the day weekly golf league Uncle Billy (RIP) shows up stiff and drinks another rack of Miester Brau in 9 holes shoots 63 (27 over). Gets a warning from the committee (who later "draft" the uncle billy rule of etiquette into the bylaws) Next week playing it straight on the tougher back 9 shoots 36(even par)! Numeral reversal.

JB Holmes how can he play soooo slow? He hits driver twice as far as I do. A slow player on the PGA tour? A member of that group tagged a slow player must be agonizingly slow in a snail pace game. They are playing for their lively-hood though. But they're pros... I digress.

Goes without saying Nick can out pace JB in a game today. How about...

Fantasy golf Nick vs. JB both in their prime on the long drive grid. Who you got?
 Message #92036 - This was a reply to message #92007
colby022002

Favorite Golfer:
    Tony Finau
Favorite Golf Course:
    Sand Hollow -Championship

Tuesday July 30, 2019 12:34 PM
Jordan Spieth in the Masters a few years back dunked 3 balls into the water took a bogey on 10 and 11 and then a triple on 12. +5 in 3 holes and he was leader at that time. Back in 2016.
 Message #92040 - This was a reply to message #91962
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Tuesday July 30, 2019 2:50 PM
Many people in my age group would love to have been able to play with todays balls and todays drivers back in the day when they had their maximum swing speed to see what could have been Peter.

I still hit it almost the same distance today as I did as a teenager because of the technology. However, I would be lucky to average 220 with the driver and balls I played with back in the 1970's. I know that when I have played with new balls but the old Ping Karsten I irons I used in the 1970's many shots have come up laughably short. A good club to 1.5 club difference on even a small miss hit. Balls hit well were comparable, but the size of the sweet spot meant that a player of my skill level today made those a rare occurance. And the difference would be even more pronounced if using 1970's balls as well.

You have more confidence that I do Peter. My $$$ would be on JB by about 50 yards!
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #92045 - This was a reply to message #92040

Listing 11 to 19 of 19 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]