msherer260
GOlfNow.

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday January 3, 2020 1:04 PM
Do you, like me, find it funny how Golf Now passes out offers that only allow you to use them after 12 Monday to Thursday.and then have the nerve to offer only a couple 12 or later tee times during that time frame?? I called them and read them a list of 15 11:00 to 11:58 tee times in my area and only ONE after 12 at a $10 9 hole driving range.??? OH WE KNOW ABOUT was their simple answer....but they would pass on my complaint....

[[Edited by msherer260 on Friday January 3, 2020 1:05 PM]]
 Message #93107
sbarajasjr
RE: GOlfNow.
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aviara

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday January 3, 2020 1:21 PM
Sad part is that it didn't use to be that way. The rewards you would get for booking enough rounds you could use on anything back in the day. Now I have a handful of codes, that like you mentioned, can't be used outside of a small window of time.
 Message #93108 - This was a reply to message #93107
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

Friday January 3, 2020 2:36 PM
Oh, you mean like this one that I have had for 11 months now?

Save on your next Hot Deals tee time with the 50% off promo code below

*Expires 365 days after date issued.
Applicable for play on up to one (1) Hot Deals Tee Time Monday – Thursday after 12:00 PM

Your analysis is absolutely correct.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #93110 - This was a reply to message #93108
sdscratchorbust

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pasatiempo

Friday January 3, 2020 3:14 PM
They are sewing the fate of their own undoing

Pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered

[[Edited by sdscratchorbust on Friday January 3, 2020 3:15 PM]]
 Message #93111 - This was a reply to message #93110
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday January 3, 2020 6:39 PM
It will be interesting to see what their new promo code strategy will be with their recent acquisition of EZ-LINKS/TeeOff...
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #93113 - This was a reply to message #93107
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Friday January 3, 2020 10:22 PM
Johnny shhhhh..... we don’t want them to think of that. I just used promo codes for PGA West Stadium course tomorrow for less than $100. How are we going to be able to play pga tournament ready courses for a good deal if golf now f’s this up.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Friday January 3, 2020 10:22 PM]]
 Message #93115 - This was a reply to message #93113
Hollis

Favorite Golfer:
    Not sure
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goosecreekgc gc

Saturday January 4, 2020 12:25 AM
It's why I refer to them as " that necessary evil"! I don't like using them, and avoid doing so at every opportunity, but do so to ensure my tee time and also to get an idea of how busy any particular course is through the amount of tee times available. I also take note of drastic price drops, as they are an indicator of less than favorable conditions. So, they are useful and provide a great service, but it seems that they are incrementally increasing booking fees while at the same time diminishing opportunities to take advantage of point generated discounts.

So now I gotta book 3 days in advance to utilize that 'hot deal'!? Isn't that antithetical to the entire premise of the marketing of 'hot deals'!?
I work 50 hours per week, married with 4 kids, but am fortunate to be granted Sunday as 'my golf day', and play every Sunday morning.
With that said, what are the odds I'm every gonna use one of those so called 'hot deals' I've been stacking up!?!?
 Message #93116 - This was a reply to message #93115
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday January 4, 2020 7:44 AM
QUOTED  So now I gotta book 3 days in advance to utilize that 'hot deal'!? Isn't that antithetical to the entire premise of the marketing of 'hot deals'!?
I work 50 hours per week, married with 4 kids, but am fortunate to be granted Sunday as 'my golf day', and play every Sunday morning.
With that said, what are the odds I'm every gonna use one of those so called 'hot deals' I've been stacking up!?!?

About as good as me making an albatross on my next par 5 hole.

Golf"now" et al

Times change, people change and even golf courses as well.

What stays the same is there is a finite amount of tee times at any given venue. Being a GM at a course with more inventory than players must require some imaginative thought. Most any courses "ace in the hole" are the weekend morning tee times. Public courses need to maximize revenue on these precious commodities. It's my goal to get one of these each week at the best value possible. Capitalism working.

In my opinion the general movement is away from customer service (the player) with the on-line re-sellers. Golfnow rewards are difficult to use. Like many, my golfnow rewards account has two expired and one code good until March this year I won't use. And that's with being able to play weekday afternoons! I agree too little inventory available for reward use. Where did it go? Golfnow markets you to join the Golfpass program (at annual fee) to get their "best" deals. Maybe that's the push to get us to join this program?

I use Golf-moose the most often paying the extra premium to the course at check-in for the tee time we want early Sunday. Made a large order recently and noticed they now charge an additional fee. I inquired about it and was told this was necessary to keep offering low prices. (because of credit card fees) Hmm charge me more in total so they can sell me tee times for le$$. Makes $ense? I had another customer service issue that they took care of in the past, but recently lip service. For disclosure in strict adherence to their published policy.

Sidebar below:

Back in the day, we had 6 guys who would fill a 4-some any given Sunday at sunrise. An old guy George (about my age now) used to be up early and arrive at the course at 3am to get first "ball in the pipe". That is they had a pipe near the first tee that you would put your ball into to secure your groups position. Then he would go back to his car and read the newspaper. Often still dark we would tee off when we heard the greens-mower moving from the 1st green onto number 2 dim headlights on. Still love that first out tee time.

Later this changed to a new system. Land line telephone was the only means of immediate communication. (yes there was electricity, clubs with steel shafts and DT Titleists) This process evolved into calling-in on Thursdays for Sunday or going to the pro-shop and stand inline. Alternating one phone call-in and one from the line to fill the tee sheet.

Now we have the interweb and it's a different process. With my goal the same. I want all courses to turn a profit with as little as my money as possible.
 Message #93117 - This was a reply to message #93116
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

Saturday January 4, 2020 12:02 PM
QUOTED  Land line telephone was the only means of immediate communication. (yes there was electricity, clubs with steel shafts and DT Titleists) This process evolved into calling-in on Thursdays for Sunday or going to the pro-shop and stand inline. Alternating one phone call-in and one from the line to fill the tee sheet.

Back in the day, I used to work in telecommunications. Had a co-worker who was an avid golfer who found a unique, and very illegal "workaround" to this type tee time system. When Gene wanted to make a tee time @ Los Verdes, which was notoriously hard to do, he went into the local phone central office and disconnected their telephone line long enough to drop all current callers on the line. Then, he would reconnect, get a non busy line and quickly call in and get his tee time. So, if back in the 1990's you were ever cut off after waiting forever @ Los Verdes, you can probably blame my buddy Gene.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #93118 - This was a reply to message #93117
FirstFlightFX-101

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Arrowhead Country Club

Saturday January 4, 2020 3:52 PM
The infamous, NTF.
;-)
 Message #93119 - This was a reply to message #93118