Permanent Changes from Covid

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Paul Goydos
Favorite Golf Course:
    Industry Hills

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 22, 2020 12:40 PM
I am curious if anyone thinks some of these changes from Covid should stay with our local tracks, if and when, we come out of this. I, for one, think the single rider carts have had a direct result on the speed of the rounds. The spacing of the tee times also has been great. I know courses like to pack them in, but 5 and 6 hour rounds are not good for anyone. The ease of check in should be continued as well. I don't know how many times I have gotten to the starter and did not have my receipt and they have to call up to the pro shop. Why is that not still a problem? All of a sudden, I don't need my receipt... Why can't we continue to pay on line and then just check in and go with as little contact as possible.

I don't mind the no rakes in bunkers and keeping the flag stick in. It speeds up play and rarely have I had a really bad lie in a bunker so far. We have just made sure our group has an understanding of how we are going to play these shots for the entire round so we stay consistent. I have had a few shots go in and out with the noodles in the cups and those are the rub of the green with a few groups, or we count them as good with a few of my groups I play with.

Just a few thoughts.
 Message #95100
sngernz
RE: Permanent Changes from Covid

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubba!
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Friday May 22, 2020 2:17 PM
Now that I've visited a few courses and after looking at all the Covid restrictions, I can't see any 'new norms' that have redeeming value other than being able to pre-pay for your round. Of course, if using a power cart you'll still have to go into the pro shop to sign the release but why can't that be done online as well?
I think PoP has shortened mostly due to 10 minute spacing. As players return and this becomes a forgotten issue, I'm betting that course managers will go back to 6-8 minute intervals and the 5 hour round will return.
Bunkers are an integral part of the course and need to be in good shape to be fair to all players, so we need those rakes.
I won't turn this into a rant session, I doubt that's what you had in mind, Zach. But me personally, I'm tired of all the restrictions and look forward to getting back to a free lifestyle on the course. If we've learned anything during this experience it's that we have a better understanding of how a virus spreads, should wash our hands more often, and stay away from others when we're sick.
 Message #95101 - This was a reply to message #95100
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Friday May 22, 2020 3:52 PM
Mount the rake on the cart and take it with you. That way you were the only one using that rake. And it could be cleaned between rounds by the crew.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #95102 - This was a reply to message #95101
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Friday May 22, 2020 4:45 PM
QUOTED  we have a better understanding of how a virus spreads, should wash our hands more often, and stay away from others when we're sick.

true enough and those are biggies, to be sure. I like the foam donut a lot, rakes are a tough one; not an issue for me so far tho; keeping your distance is fine and is here to effing stay.
 Message #95104 - This was a reply to message #95101
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Friday May 22, 2020 4:48 PM
next big Roger Dunn item: the portable rake attachment to any club. "Makes any club an instant rake!"
I'd like a small % please.
 Message #95105 - This was a reply to message #95102
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday May 22, 2020 4:59 PM
QUOTED  the portable rake attachment to any club. "Makes any club an instant rake!"
I'd like a small % please.

I love the idea. Make it so it attaches to the ball retriever and you have an even better solution! Now we split our percentage!
 Message #95106 - This was a reply to message #95105
jamesg18015
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday May 23, 2020 8:19 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By dconnally on 05.22.2020 3:52 PM]

Mount the rake on the cart and take it with you. That way you were the only one using that rake. And it could be cleaned between rounds by the crew.

I played a lot of vacation golf in south Florida in the late 1990s and early 2000s, I remember just about every course I played had the rake mounted on the back of the cart and no rakes laying by the bunkers. I haven't really seen this anywhere else, no idea why it's not done elsewhere.
 Message #95111 - This was a reply to message #95102
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Saturday May 23, 2020 10:23 PM
At Royal Links in Vegas they have the rakes on the cart due to the over 100 bunkers. I think half the time you leave the cart and didn’t know you were in a bunker or you forget to grab it. On Par 3s or any CPO it would be an issue of walking back to the cart or just hitting and smoothing it over with your foot
 Message #95112 - This was a reply to message #95111
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Sunday May 24, 2020 4:17 PM
Doesn't the Club at Sunrise, too?
 Message #95113 - This was a reply to message #95112
parmegt

Favorite Golfer:
    Dustin
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aviara

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 25, 2020 12:02 PM
It's a good idea, having rake on cart but too expensive for most courses. Roger Dunn idea could work!
 Message #95116 - This was a reply to message #95111

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]