Slow routine
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Slow routine

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 27 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
kurator62
RE: Slow routine

GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday January 8, 2017 7:43 PM
And another thing to add is that for the most part, slower players don t think they play slow
 Message #82000 - This was a reply to message #81999
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday January 8, 2017 8:06 PM
My routine consists of just one half flat practice swing. Then paying attention to tee height , distance to ball and aiming. Pretty deliberate but able to keeo the ball in play and save time by minimal ball searching. A short routine actually speeds things up since its a way of staying in the moment. As to the young time wasting guy been there and its tempting to say something. Best is to address the group and say "lets pick it up"
 Message #82001 - This was a reply to message #82000
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Sunday January 8, 2017 9:08 PM
QUOTED  Pretty deliberate...a short routine actually speeds things up since it's a way of staying in the moment.

I'd definitely describe myself as a deliberate, focused player but never to the extent where I lose sight of keeping pace. Learned a valuable lesson last year at Shadow Ridge that proves your point Michael. Playing with a couple of friends, we decided to squeeze in a few extra holes by replaying the back nine with sunset little more than an hour away.

Assuming we wouldn't get very far, we pledged to play as quickly as possible. To our surprise, we managed to complete all nine holes by stepping up to the shot, making a quick assessment, picking the proper club, and hitting the ball. Despite this accelerated pace-of-play, my concentration level never wavered and I played a very solid round. Surprisingly, at no point did I feel rushed or that I was simply going through the motions.
QUOTED  As to the young time-wasting guy...best to address the group and say "let's pick it up".

Agreed...always better to deal with the problem as a group rather than point the finger in the direction of one individual, even if he is the root cause of the problem.
 Message #82003 - This was a reply to message #82001
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday January 9, 2017 12:17 AM
At Streamsong last month, we had two groups from my work go out - a threesome and my foursome, but a weather delay at the 5th hole (6th hole for the threesome ahead of us) cost us around an hour and a half of waiting out the lightning before the horn sounded and we could go out again. Around the 11th hole, we simply all joined up together and with seven players, not only did we keep catching the foursome ahead of us, but we actually waited for them to clear the greens. Everyone moved right to their ball and hit the darn thing. The caddies were right impressed at how we still managed with seven players to get in before sundown, and keep pace with the group ahead of us. When there's no time to waste, you simply don't.
 Message #82005 - This was a reply to message #82003
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday January 9, 2017 7:21 AM
QUOTED  While a lack of confidence may be responsible for the inordinate amount of time spent by amateurs over the ball, I point the finger at the "Everybody Needs To Develop A Pre-Shot Routine" mantra that's been sold to the masses by golf instructors everywhere. Whether on the tee box, in the fairway, or on the putting green, the process of hitting a golf shot now resembles some sort of tribal ritual.

LOL, I did say, "maybe" but in reality this is exactly what I was referring to.
 Message #82006 - This was a reply to message #81995
jerry64
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    paddy H
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry, Superstition

Tuesday January 10, 2017 7:53 PM
Slow routines drive me crazy. I understand waiting for a few seconds but don't take me out of my routine. It's wors than playing behind a slow foursome.
 Message #82016 - This was a reply to message #81987
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday January 11, 2017 7:21 AM
QUOTED  Slow routines drive me crazy. I understand waiting for a few seconds but don't take me out of my routine. It's wors than playing behind a slow foursome.

Many years ago, I was playing with my brother at the Duke in Maricopa, AZ, and the guy they placed with us would literally take 41 seconds after addressing the ball. Every time. He wasn't even moving the club or adjusting his weight that I can remember. Just about killed me.

Since then I count to myself if I think someone is taking too much time. I think the average guy who takes too long over the ball is more than 20 seconds, probably closer to 30 seconds. That's not a lot of time, but it adds up.

It's a lot of time spent watching nothing, so we all have that time to think about it. In the end it will drive most people nuts.
 Message #82019 - This was a reply to message #82016
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Wednesday January 11, 2017 1:38 PM
Maddening for sure. Remembering a bad golfer who took 2 or 3 full practice swings before every shot---not good. But I was convinced that the guy was oblivious.

My question is do these slow routine players have a conscience? That is, do they care and maybe feel a little guilty about bumming the trip of people they get paired with? On the other hand, if these guys/gals could speed it up, wouldn't they have already done so? Maybe they just can't.
 Message #82023 - This was a reply to message #82019
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Wednesday January 11, 2017 2:24 PM
QUOTED  My question is do these slow routine players have a conscience?

My guess is no. They're oblivious to the people around them - like people who live in an apartment building with an inner courtyard and carry on loud conversations with others or on the phone and pay ZERO attention to the fact others live within earshot. Or people on a crowded train or bus or carry on conversations on their phones as if they're in their living rooms. It's just 'me' and no one else. Total selfishness.
 Message #82024 - This was a reply to message #82023
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Wednesday January 11, 2017 5:04 PM
Good Shot or Bad Shot if you take too long with your set up and you have a bad shot... still a bad shot just you spent more time wasting over the bad shot when you could have played a good shot in half the time?

That make any sense? LOL Right?

Just keep moving folks.... they will clue in eventually LOL..
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #82027 - This was a reply to message #82024

Listing 11 to 20 of 27 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]